2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Almighty. I've had to edit one of your posts in this thread that turned into a diatribe about US military involvement in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. And now you're trying to start up a Confederate flag debate with a flag that, as far as anyone can tell, wasn't based on the Confederate flag. It may shock you to hear this, but people come here for news about NHL uniforms and to discuss that news. It's not a place for you to get up on your soapbox and ramble.

As you were.

Okay, okay, I was just fearing that someone would have a problem with the shoulder flag, i am certainly not hoping for it.

:grin:

[hockey week's Concept]

Saw this on TSN today

That's so freaking cool. If you see it on there again, snap a picture.

I saw it on SportsNet's website yesterday, too.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

As far as the Maple Leafs name goes I'm not buying that story about the Maple Leaf Regiment. I think it was the maple leaf caps and the baseball team that was the inspiration.

This is a pretty interesting read here.

https://1967ers.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/why-are-the-leafs-called-the-leafs/

The Catch of the Day!

You could modify the logo ever so slightly, and the hockey stick and palm tree would intersect at the same angle as the cross in the flag. It actually works better than I'd imagined it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...

I like that concept for the most part, though I think we all realize that it's just a reusing the Jaguars logo.  I saw this the other day, and now I can't help but think the final product will be similar to this panther artwork:

67urlfh3mrallw8crblcg6vhf.gif

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

I don't see why a lot of teams stray away from their solid inaugural look. Florida, San Jose, and Anaheim could benefit from it.

To sell more jerseys. If one already owns the old jersey, chances are they'll eventually want a new one as well.

19 hours ago, Morgo said:

It's pretty good but still vastly inferior to the inaugural look

8 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

The red needs to stay as it is now, especially if they're going to dull down the yellow. It's gorgeous. I could live with the rest, but again, inferior to their original look.

2 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

I don't see why a lot of teams stray away from their solid inaugural look. Florida, San Jose, and Anaheim could benefit from it.

I like the inaugural look, but that's not what they're going to. I would hope we can can judge whatever they come out with on its own merits and not compare it to an identity the team has no plans to return to.

5 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Amen.

All three of those teams started out with modern classics and I don't think there are many people who could call their current uniforms superior.  Aside from the minority who hate the Disney era Ducks anyways...

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I like the inaugural look, but that's not what they're going to. I would hope we can can judge whatever they come out with on its own merits and not compare it to an identity the team has no plans to return to.

The Miami sports writer, who leaked the info about the uniform change, hinted at the inaugural uniform coming back as an alternate.  

14 hours ago, Morgo said:

All three of those teams started out with modern classics and I don't think there are many people who could call their current uniforms superior.  Aside from the minority who hate the Disney era Ducks anyways...

I think Florida and Anaheim's current uniforms are superior to their originals. Also I think the Sharks current logo is superior to the original.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived