2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Maybe if the Preds added an alternate blue jersey, the navy helmet will be back. Otherwise, i'm one of the few to actually not hate the yellow helmet !

I really believe the Preds' dominant yellow look is going to grow on more people. There was obviously a demand for going with the yellow helmets full-time. Otherwise, the club would've stayed with navy helmets. Yellow is a primary colour but light enough to be used like white. It needs to be used as a primary and grow on more fans who are simply used to only white, blue, red and black uniforms. If the Kings still kept their purple and yellow-gold, people wouldn't be making such a big crisis over it.

Thankfully, the Preds don't wear that old ugly greenish-yellow colour. That would be a terrible disaster. 

Every tweak the Predators have made has downgraded their uniforms.  And, they haven't made the one change that they need to make which is getting rid of the white piping.  Going with the gold helmets is an unnecessary move for the Predators to own gold as their colour.  

Second, does this Sharks jersey look as if the front has a straight hem?  The World Cup jerseys have a straight front hem, right?

14350918_1189823631099400_910640428_n.jp

22 hours ago, youcan'tseeme said:

I actually really like the yellow helmets. Now if they'd bring back the blue alternates I'd be 100% satisfied with their set. 

I would like them back, but only without the checkerboard. It looked wonky in motion and has nothing to do with Nashville or the team's theme. 

There was a version, done recently, by @Zeke Goldsmith that would be perfect.

ZekeG_NashvilleAlt2_Fullset.png.c7d1d4f27a5b02042b4fc0c1e444ceee.png

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Yellow doesn't have to be worn with a yellow helmet. These wouldn't look nearly as good with one.

BruinsWCvsSens.png

tumblr_o0wl74ju271uuj9two1_1280.jpg

4-Bobby-Gertsakis.jpg

brassardadd.jpg?quality=55&strip=all

Book-134.jpg

2013-11-20-04-21-52-IMGP6471.JPG

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

41 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Yellow doesn't have to be worn with a yellow helmet. These wouldn't look nearly as good with one.

BruinsWCvsSens.png

That was such a beautiful uniform.  Why it didn't replace the current, dull-as-paint alternate I'll never know.

You can see the new Leafs uniforms at their rookie tournament. I have to say I'm still trying to get used to it. Two things that I need time to get used to are the one waist stripe and the new socks. Otherwise, I think they're OK.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Absolutely love this.Griffith.jpg.cf.jpgDistinctive and unique. It's not like the Predators wearing their old ugly dijon mustard uniforms with a dijon helmet. If the Hamilton Tigers ever were to return to the NHL, this would be the kind of look I'd go with. A yellow base and a black base. Colourful but clean and traditional. 

I say orange and navy barberpole for the Hamilton Tigers. Yellow and black is spoken for, but orange and navy could be distinct from the Oilers' and Islanders' royal and orange.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

30 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I say orange and navy barberpole for the Hamilton Tigers. Yellow and black is spoken for, but orange and navy could be distinct from the Oilers' and Islanders' royal and orange.

Boston: Black/white home/away bases with yellow trim.

Pittsburgh: Black/white home/away bases with yellow trim. 

Hamilton: Black/yellow home/away bases with white trim. 

80's Vancouver today: Black/yellow home/away bases with red trim.

The latter two are distinct from the Bruins and Penguins. 

The similarities of Boston and Pittsburgh and also about similarities between Edmonton and NY Islanders have never bothered me. Color schemes can be repeated (too much is bad...red, white and blue, I'm looking at you). As long as the uniform elements are different enough.

Just came across something really interesting.  Here is a look at the Minnesota Wild identity including numerous preliminary logos and uniform designs.  While some of the proposed icons look great the majority of uniform options look absolutely atrocious.  We're talking "Wild-Wing" levels of gaudiness.  You can also see an animation that shows various early versions of what many consider to be the NHL's best logo.  Definitely worth checking out.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/42321255/Minnesota-Wild-Identity

Igk4CQV.jpg

1x37MY7.png

Other than the fact that a beige sky seems a little apocalyptic, I don't really mind that. I used to have midnight green, beige, and black in mind for a Seattle franchise.

The MW logos in the right column are interesting. Pretty metal! \m/ \m/

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived