2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

That for as much as you are going on about facts? Your own arguments are rambly and nonsensical. There are bits and pieces of logic that can be picked out, but you seem prone to tangents. Some of which directly contradict earlier points you've attempted to make.

And then when people don't agree with you? You play the condescending "well I've got facts on my side" card. Which is more comical than insulting in this case, because no one's sure what points you're trying to make anyway.

Already cleared up the facts on the Penguins black and sunflower yellow for the masses so we're all good on this right?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/penguins-uniform-history-black-gold-bruins-pittsburgh-lemeiux-crosby/1xl9sl3wvy4fs1pc08qkrrmfhx

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NeverSayNever said:

Anything the Rockets would do would look better than the trainwreck that is their current identity. So brutal. Maybe an H with some "Flames" trailing behind it?

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 2.44.41 PM.png

3 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

That's a FANTASTIC-looking Flames logo! :lol:

We need it on a woman's tight shirt and belt buckle or it's not for real.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

8 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Ice_Cap and Cream Soda won't like it because the Flames weren't wearing that EXACT EXACT logo and uniform when they won their one and only Stanley Cup. Shame on you Flames and NHL for marketing your team the way you (and your fans) see fit. Blasphemy! 

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 2.38.27 PM.png

Aunt-Linda-3D-Movies.gif

2 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Ice_Cap and Cream Soda...

Here's a friendly mod warning. Stop trying to make this personal, and we'll all have a better time.

18 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

I'm not looking for your approval nor acceptance... not in the least bit...

Who said I was asking for it?

Further, don't think that sentiment is an excuse to act like a dick. To my above point about making this personal...I never knew who you were until this conversation. I doubt Cream Soda did either. Yet you seem to have some sort of issue with us. So take my advice, and let that go.

20 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Fact: Les Alexander bought the Rockets July 1993 for $85 million. One of his first moves was to ask Chris Hill, from Houston to design the new logo (which Hill botched big time and blamed the NBA, had a friend who said the NBA had to come in and try and salvage the logo) ... In his first two seasons as owner (1993–94 and 1994–95), the Rockets won back-to-back World Championships (Thank you Birmingham Barons) anchored by Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon but the work on the new Rockets identity was done. The owner was told he would have to pay for all the new merchandise already produced and ready to be shipped which amounted to ten of thousands of dollars...

So on the Rockets, they could have stayed with their current Wendy's look (1994-95) which sucked... but didn't because that identity only became attractive when they won two titles IN LARGE PART TO JORDAN RETIRING... Go ahead argue that point...

I'm not sure what sort of response you're expecting?
My claim re: the Kings is that they shouldn't change from the black and silver look because it's associated with a lot of success. You responded with "WELL THE ROCKETS CHANGED HOW ABOUT THAT?"

Yes, the Rockets did change. I don't think I, Cream Soda, or anyone else ever tried to deny the fact that the Houston Rockets changed their logos, uniform, and colour scheme following back to back NBA Championships.

My point is that it was a mistake for them to do that, because they abandoned a look that was associated with success and mainstream exposure for a look that ended up looking dated by the year 2000.

You keep trying to claim that the fact that the Rockets switched in 1995 as proof that I'm wrong. In actuality it proves that I'm right, because the Rockets serve as a cautionary tale of what happens when a team has success in one look and then abandons it.

19 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Already cleared up the facts on the Penguins black and sunflower yellow for the masses so we're all good on this right?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/penguins-uniform-history-black-gold-bruins-pittsburgh-lemeiux-crosby/1xl9sl3wvy4fs1pc08qkrrmfhx

Again, I'm not sure what your point is.

Yes, we all know why the Pens switched to black and athletic gold in 1980. What has that got to do with anything?

14 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Ice_Cap and Cream Soda won't like it because the Flames weren't wearing that EXACT EXACT logo and uniform when they won their one and only Stanley Cup. Shame on you Flames and NHL for marketing your team the way you (and your fans) see fit. Blasphemy! 

Well the Flames are another example of a team that's been lost in the wilderness since abandoning a Championship-era look. The 2003-07 look was pretty solid, but it didn't stick around. And look at what's happened. The Cup-era Flames look is slowly making its way back into the rotation after years of ineffective brand tinkering.

Also the Flames concept you keep posting sucks worse than even the Snot Horse.

3 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

sorry for providing insight and knowledge. 

I'm not trying to be snarky. Only honest.

You haven't provided anything of the sort. Only links affirming what's already common knowledge (ie the Pens' switch in '80 and the Rockets' switch in '95).

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Here's a friendly mod warning. Stop trying to make this personal, and we'll all have a better time.

Who said I was asking for it?

Further, don't think that sentiment is an excuse to act like a dick. To my above point about making this personal...I never knew who you were until this conversation. I doubt Cream Soda did either. Yet you seem to have some sort of issue with us. So take my advice, and let that go.

I'm not sure what sort of response you're expecting?
My claim re: the Kings is that they shouldn't change from the black and silver look because it's associated with a lot of success. You responded with "WELL THE ROCKETS CHANGED HOW ABOUT THAT?"

Yes, the Rockets did change. I don't think I, Cream Soda, or anyone else ever tried to deny the fact that the Houston Rockets changed their logos, uniform, and colour scheme following back to back NBA Championships.

My point is that it was a mistake for them to do that, because they abandoned a look that was associated with success and mainstream exposure for a look that ended up looking dated by the year 2000.

You keep trying to claim that the fact that the Rockets switched in 1995 as proof that I'm wrong. In actuality it proves that I'm right, because the Rockets serve as a cautionary tale of what happens when a team has success in one look and then abandons it.

Again, I'm not sure what your point is.

Yes, we all know why the Pens switched to black and athletic gold in 1980. What has that got to do with anything?

Pulling out the Mod warning? Nice. ,... don't think that sentiment is an excuse to act like a dick.. " nice... well done... never called anyone a dick... you did...

I made my points... teams change when they win championships for many reasons... teams market... the Kings are a drab brand... fans LOVE the purple and gold... the Rockets only became relevant when they won... they can go right back to the Wendy's look but no one would care because Clutch City was 22 years ago... rear view mirror marketing.

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

You haven't provided anything of the sort. Only links affirming what's already common knowledge (ie the Pens' switch in '80 and the Rockets' switch in '95). I have EXACTLY proved that your opinions are that and that alone---based on zero facts (which I provided) nor knowledge about team history and circumstances... you got smoked here.

18 hours ago, NeverSayNever said:

I have EXACTLY proved that your opinions are that and that alone---based on zero facts (which I provided) nor knowledge about team history and circumstances... you got smoked here.

Pulling a Donald Trump where you claim victory despite humiliating yourself doesn't really work,Tom. Not even for Donald Trump.

I made my points... teams change when they win championships for many reasons...

Most of them bad ones.

the Kings are a drab brand... fans LOVE the purple and gold...

There is not a single piece of evidence to support the notion that the purple and gold is more popular than black and silver among the LA Kings faithful.

rear view mirror marketing.

Any more hack marketing buzz terms you want to throw my way, Tom?

Sorry Ice_Cap done with you... common sense and reason... not big selling points here, eh?

18 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Pulling a Donald Trump where you claim victory despite humiliating yourself doesn't really work,Tom. Not even for Donald Trump.

Most of them bad ones.

There is not a single piece of evidence to support the notion that the purple and gold is more popular than black and silver among the LA Kings faithful.

Any more hack marketing buzz terms you want to throw my way, Tom?

Lovely... are you stepping out from behind the curtain too? What a limp wrist move. 

10 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Lovely... are you stepping out from behind the curtain too? What a limp wrist move. 

What curtain, exactly?

Plenty of people with nothing better to do post here after getting banned or suspended. You seem to hold everyone involved with this community in contempt though, yet you keep coming back.

5 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Love the use of my first name, here? Isn't that protected by some internet privacy right laws and can't I then sue you for disclosing it? Checking with my attorney on this? Stay tuned.

Nope.

Especially not when you make your personal identity part of your online one. Hell, you use your name in your publicly-viewed email address. You also used it in your first post here under this account.

On 2012-12-15 at 8:32 PM, NeverSayNever said:

Thanks for opening up and sharing a professional football uniform design forum for how things work. This is a great thread. This is Tom O'Grady (from Gameplan Creative...

Sorry. Internet tough guy acts don't fly anymore.

And really, I'm using your name to make a point. You've been visiting these parts for a long time. And you have a track record of treating Chris, the admins, and the mods with nothing but contempt. You seem to hold this forum, those who maintain it, and those who frequent it, with so little regard. And yet despite that you keep coming back, under a number of different user names.

And now you've let your own personal issues with this forum and community as a whole spill into a disagreement about hockey uniforms. If you want to contribute to this community? Do so productively. Leave whatever baggage you feel you have at the door.

9 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nope.

Especially not when you make your personal identity part of your online one. Hell, you use your name in your publicly-viewed email address. You also used it in your first post here under this account.

Sorry. Internet tough guy acts don't fly anymore.

And really, I'm using your name to make a point. You've been visiting these parts for a long time. And you have a track record of treating Chris, the admins, and the mods with nothing but contempt. You seem to hold this forum, those who maintain it, and those who frequent it, with so little regard. And yet despite that you keep coming back, under a number of different user names.

And now you've let your own personal issues with this forum and community as a whole spill into a disagreement about hockey uniforms. If you want to contribute to this community? Do so productively. Leave whatever baggage you feel you have at the door.

DypHcxyEqRzHi.gif

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

7 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

So one person said the Oilers mascot is scary and now that is the set narrative?!  Nobody else can decide for themselves eh.  

The Lynx looks cool and accurate.   And the only video I saw kids appeared to love him.   

But sure go with the trite narrative to fit in. 

"What's your favorite team?"

"The Edmonton Oilers"
"Oh, what's their mascot?"
"A considerably aggrieved Maine coon"

CreamSoda couldn't be more defensive of this stupid mascot if it locked out the players' union!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived