2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, hockey week said:

I do believe there was a story about them wanting maroon pants but not having time to get them made before the season started. Probably had to do with the pivot away from Rocky Mountain Xtreme identity.

They also petitioned the NHL to wear black helmets at home (with the white sweaters) too, because it looked cool, but that was rejected.

They did for at least a bit. I had a Peter Forsberg poster as a kid where that was the case. Always thought it was a bit odd.

2716873494_54a0fbf4d7_o_zpsyvdv5otc.png

SEAsig.png

Just now, benpc21 said:

They did for at least a bit. I had a Peter Forsberg poster as a kid where that was the case. Always thought it was a bit odd.

2716873494_54a0fbf4d7_o_zpsyvdv5otc.png

That honestly looks terrible... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm glad the Vegas gold days are gone and overwith.  

That said, we're probably about to get a new Vegas gold team, so enjoy it while it lasts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hate that roundel logo at center ice in Dallas. I don't like roundel logos. If I was the master of the World you know what I would do first? No. Not end poverty. No not bring World peace. It would be to arrest anyone that comes up with a roundel logo for their sports team. And the prison would be on an orbiting comet in space.

The Catch of the Day!

Just now, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I hate that roundel logo at center ice in Dallas. I don't like roundel logos. If I was the master of the World you know what I would do first? No. Not end poverty. No not bring World peace. It would be to arrest anyone that comes up with a roundel logo for their sports team. And the prison would be on an orbiting comet in space.

I hate that logo for center ice too... I thought Dallas was going with the whole victory green thing, not black. That roundel is REALLY dark on the ice. It looks like the whole arena is darker because of it...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Is this a portent of things to come? Do you think the Stars are (sadly) having buyer's remorse over the choice of green uniforms? 

I love 'em , but maybe green doesn't sell (we've heard that canard over the years...believe from the Wild !). 

I just really hope the Stars don't panic and go with a roundel logo on a black-based jersey with some green accents...I thought we moved away from that and the team was embracing its green-ness !! 

Hope it's just an unfounded fear...

4 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Is this a portent of things to come? Do you think the Stars are (sadly) having buyer's remorse over the choice of green uniforms? 

I love 'em , but maybe green doesn't sell (we've heard that canard over the years...believe from the Wild !). 

I just really hope the Stars don't panic and go with a roundel logo on a black-based jersey with some green accents...I thought we moved away from that and the team was embracing its green-ness !! 

Hope it's just an unfounded fear...

I don't think they'll be moving away from green anytime soon...

It's their best look in Dallas history, and probably second best in Franchise history...

8 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I don't hate roundel logos, however their's (dallas) reminds me too much of Starbucks.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Dallas' is especially egregious because it's just the primary in a roundel. It's too repetitive. 

They should have just committed to the Texas mark as the alternate logo.

I may be in a minority, but I like that particular roundel logo and I think it's perfectly fitting as the shoulder patch. They have a more complex, more detailed symbol that stands out on the front, as it should. And then you have the more simpler shaped circles for the shoulder patches with a few small elements inside. It's just perfectly balanced, imo. The Texas logo is good. But the shape is more complex than the crest itself, with that rocky outline of the State of Texas and the design being half green/half black. Just doesn't fit the shoulders, especially on those slanted cut yokes on the road. But it makes a great tertiary logo and it's good that they continued to keep a state outline logo part of their scheme, even if it's in a more restricted use.

I agree that roundels are not the most creative logo designs. But I really like the ones that are well done.

11 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Speaking of the Stars, why aren't they celebrating their 50th season along with the other 1967 expansion teams?

It's rather shocking for an organization and its fans who are obsessed with their history prior to Dallas :rolleyes:

Can someone explain sumpin' to me.

How come the Calgary Flames players don't all have consistent pants? Look at their third uniforms. Most of the team doesn't have the team logo on the pants.

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/10/614770206_slide.jpg

But there are about 5 guys on the team that do.

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/10/614766282_slide.jpg

Why is that? Either they all shouldn't have the logo or they all should have the logo. What's with this lack of consistency?

The Catch of the Day!

Archived