2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

You can only throwback so many times...

I've yet to see them throw-back to their black and white years.  Or do something similar to their 2009 WC jersey with regular white and a different logo.  Either option would have been better than making slight revisions to their road jersey for the third time in a row.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man those jerseys are awesome. I wouldn't mind if the Blues went to those full time. I always preferred the lighter shade of blue versus the darker shade they have been using since the mid-80s. Oh and I love that Blackhawks sweater. Its nice seeing the retro "Indian Head" logo. Like most people here, I wish it was red instead of white. That would have been far more appealing visually.

The Catch of the Day!

BTW I just E-Mailed Customerservice@stlblues.com and asked

Are the Blues still going to wear their third jerseys this year or have they been retired?

The response was

Hello,

The Blues are no longer wearing the third jerseys. Let’s go Blues!

St. Louis Blues Hockey Club

The Catch of the Day!

1 hour ago, clonewars2008 said:

Like the top 2 games? 
03-04+Vintage+Jerseys.png

It's so strange seeing those old Canucks and Bruins uniforms side by side.  2011 was the best looking SCF of all time.  Those colour schemes go so well together.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

It's so strange seeing those old Canucks and Bruins uniforms side by side.  2011 was the best looking SCF of all time.  Those colour schemes go so well together.

If only the Canucks wore their third jerseys at home with a matching white on the road.

8 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

The response was

Thank god the  roundal experiment is over. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

2 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

If only the Canucks wore their third jerseys at home with a matching white on the road.

If the result was different, I wouldn't care which jersey they wore.  That being said, it's interesting how they've worn the thirds every time they've faced Boston since that disappointing night.

13 minutes ago, worcat said:

Thank god the  roundal experiment is over. 

Not usually big on roundels but that was a great uniform.  I'm sad to see it go.

37 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Not usually big on roundels but that was a great uniform.  I'm sad to see it go.

The uniform itself was ok. The roundal would have been a decent logo for programs or center ice logo, even a shoulder logo but not necessary as a main logo. Excessive beveling, through in the arch and the note logo. Just too much. It's an unpopular opinion among fans. Usually at games I see younger fans wearing those jerseys.

Give me a real third already!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

7 hours ago, Morgo said:

If the result was different, I wouldn't care which jersey they wore.  That being said, it's interesting how they've worn the thirds every time they've faced Boston since that disappointing night.

To be very honest, I was glad the Canucks lost in '11. I never want to see them win a Cup with the orca. Any other Canucks logo as a Cup-winning logo is fine with me. 

16 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

The response was

Customer service adds "Let’s go Blues!"  to every answer? :blink: :D 

And that hawk jersey is their regular one, just with a different head (looks okay) and the tomahawks moved down into the stripes (looks awful imo)

9 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

To be very honest, I was glad the Canucks lost in '11. I never want to see them win a Cup with the orca. Any other Canucks logo as a Cup-winning logo is fine with me. 

You didnt want to see your team get its first Stanley Cup because of the logo they were wearing at the time...

WOW, that is a new low for me.

Archived