2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I'm pretty sure it's a "Walmart jersey," the other leak looks great, so let's hope!

Not only that, but it's clearly an infant (INF on the tag) sized jersey.  Youth jerseys have standard old V collars with the NHL logo under it.  Not a great replication of a real jersey.

Could be just a general design like at Walmart.  Could also see it as something in line with the trends of LA and PHI's anniversary uniforms.

16 hours ago, insert name said:

Those are replicas. They always have the NHL logo underneath the collar and I don't like it. Looks awkward.

Plus it's an infant jersey, which aren't made to exact specs of adult jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So I've run into sort of an ethical issue today.

I just received my Blues Winter Classic jersey in the mail, ordering in blank with no players name which is my usual preference. After opening the package, I've found that it is not blank and that they have sent me a Tarasenko jersey....

Should I notify them? I'm not displeased with my item, after all it's the same item just with more bells and whistles but I've received an item that I did not purchase which would have cost more. Maybe this happens alot? I don't want someone to get fired for sending out incorrect package fills. 

Any ideas?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

20 minutes ago, worcat said:

I just received my Blues Winter Classic jersey in the mail, ordering in blank with no players name which is my usual preference. After opening the package, I've found that it is not blank and that they have sent me a Tarasenko jersey....

Should I notify them? I'm not displeased with my item, after all it's the same item just with more bells and whistles but I've received an item that I did not purchase which would have cost more. Maybe this happens a lot? I don't want someone to get fired for sending out incorrect package fills. 

Any ideas?

Even though you're not displeased, I'd still notify them that they sent you the wrong item. I have no idea what will happen, but this shouldn't happen. You should've gotten what you ordered. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

3 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Even though you're not displeased, I'd still notify them that they sent you the wrong item. I have no idea what will happen, but this shouldn't happen. You should've gotten what you ordered. 

So after contacting shop.nhl.com customer support, I learned a few things from this situation.

1. The lady working did not know what a Tarasenko was. (Well, that's great)

2. She informed me that my order was not supposed to be shipped until December 1st. (Score)

3. She told me that due to high demand, multiple orders have been incorrect lately. (Great to know)

4. She told me that for being a honest and good samaritan, I could keep the jersey unless I wanted to send it back for the correct order. (Good karma)

5. She also gave me the option of being billed the additional $40, which even she said was stupid. (I agree, that is stupid)

So, there you have it. Good luck if anyone places orders in the future

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

St. Louis Blues announce Alumni Roster

Larry Patey (#6), Keith Tkachuk (#7), Dallas Drake (#10), Adam Oates (#12), Brett Hull (#16), Gino Cavallini (#17), Scott Mellanby (#19), Bernie Federko (#24), Peter Stastny (#26), Terry Yake (#27), Kelly Chase (#39), Scott Young (#48), Pierre Turgeon (#77) and Wayne Gretzky (#99). Al MacInnis (#2), Bruce Affleck (#4), Barret Jackman (#5), Garth Butcher (#5), Jamie Rivers (#6), Paul Cavallini (#14), Jeff Brown (#21), Bryce Salvador (#27) and Chris Pronger (#44). Mike Liut (#1), Martin Brodeur (#30), Ed Staniowski (#31) and Chris Mason (#50).

Roster is missing ALOT of fan favorites: No Curtis Joseph, Grant Fuhr, Tony Twist, Geoff Courtnall, Brendan Shanahan just to name a few. VERY Shocked to see #99 joined the group.

Bernie Federko unveiled the Alumni Jersey in the pre-game broadcast. It's beautiful!

bernie.png

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

And I know he's part of the organization now, but seeing Martin Brodeur in that Blues alumni jersey is going to be one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

18 hours ago, worcat said:

Should I notify them? I'm not displeased with my item, after all it's the same item just with more bells and whistles but I've received an item that I did not purchase which would have cost more. Maybe this happens alot? I don't want someone to get fired for sending out incorrect package fills. 

Any ideas?

Look on the bright side. At least they didn't send you a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey*.

http://www.getdown.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/The-Hockey-Sweater.jpeg

*And if you young in's don't get the joke google "The Hockey Sweater" (1980).

The Catch of the Day!

1 hour ago, Walter Sobchak said:

The Penguins are wearing white at home tomorrow against the Maple Leafs.

They should do it again when the Blackhawks visit Pittsburgh, to honor their 50th anniversary, and because that includes the 1992 Stanley Cup Victory over the Hawks...

(They should also probably do it against the Stars, but I highly doubt they'd wear throwbacks... to a different team :P)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived