2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

They should do it again when the Blackhawks visit Pittsburgh, to honor their 50th anniversary, and because that includes the 1992 Stanley Cup Victory over the Hawks...

(They should also probably do it against the Stars, but I highly doubt they'd wear throwbacks... to a different team :P)

In '92 the Penguins wore black on the road when they defeated the Blackhawks in white.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, charger77 said:

In '92 the Penguins wore black on the road when they defeated the Blackhawks in white.

They did play a few games in Pittsburgh so...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On November 9, 2016 at 11:23 AM, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

^ I like them. But yeah a red one would have been epic.

It's pretty wild to think that with all the outdoor games the Blackhawks have been a part of, they've never worn red outside. 

I dont mind this look, but it's so similar to the last Winter Classic uniforms they had. 

Hell, I already forgot that he actually suited up for the Blues.  He should be banned from Blues' alumni events. 

Edit: Just for reference, Brodeur played in 7 games for the Blues and 1,259 for the Devils. :rolleyes:

Trust me, no one really wants to see any of the goalies play except for Liut. Fans would much rather Cujo and Fuhr. Hell I'd be happy with Roman Turok, Brent Johnson, Jon Casey, Fred Brathwaite or anyone other than these guys.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

23 hours ago, worcat said:

St. Louis Blues announce Alumni Roster

Larry Patey (#6), Keith Tkachuk (#7), Dallas Drake (#10), Adam Oates (#12), Brett Hull (#16), Gino Cavallini (#17), Scott Mellanby (#19), Bernie Federko (#24), Peter Stastny (#26), Terry Yake (#27), Kelly Chase (#39), Scott Young (#48), Pierre Turgeon (#77) and Wayne Gretzky (#99). Al MacInnis (#2), Bruce Affleck (#4), Barret Jackman (#5), Garth Butcher (#5), Jamie Rivers (#6), Paul Cavallini (#14), Jeff Brown (#21), Bryce Salvador (#27) and Chris Pronger (#44). Mike Liut (#1), Martin Brodeur (#30), Ed Staniowski (#31) and Chris Mason (#50).

Roster is missing ALOT of fan favorites: No Curtis Joseph, Grant Fuhr, Tony Twist, Geoff Courtnall, Brendan Shanahan just to name a few. VERY Shocked to see #99 joined the group.

Bernie Federko unveiled the Alumni Jersey in the pre-game broadcast. It's beautiful!

bernie.png

Former owner Harry Ornest ruined a beautiful and bold identity. Great to see it back. 

13 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Look on the bright side. At least they didn't send you a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey*.

http://www.getdown.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/The-Hockey-Sweater.jpeg

*And if you young in's don't get the joke google "The Hockey Sweater" (1980).

One of the few things I like about the new leafs jerseys is that they replicate the Hockey Sweater ones.

15033724_1107607059334415_504737694_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 11/11/2016 at 3:10 AM, Still MIGHTY said:

And I know he's part of the organization now, but seeing Martin Brodeur in that Blues alumni jersey is going to be one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

Hell, I still haven't completely grasped the fact that he played for someone other than New Jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, hockey week said:

I got it!

Tampa Bay looks like Toronto

Florida looks like Montreal

Toronto introduces a third jersey looking like Florida...

...Montreal introduces a third jersey looking like Tampa Bay!

It all comes together!

The Toronto Bay Canadian Panthers

XM4KeeA.png

*CanadiEhn

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 11/11/2016 at 7:04 PM, chcarlson23 said:

They should do it again when the Blackhawks visit Pittsburgh, to honor their 50th anniversary, and because that includes the 1992 Stanley Cup Victory over the Hawks...

(They should also probably do it against the Stars, but I highly doubt they'd wear throwbacks... to a different team :P)

They should do it again about 30 more times this season.

18 hours ago, Thomas said:

They should do it again about 30 more times this season.

I wouldn't go that far... I like the black sweaters more than the white ones...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 11/7/2016 at 10:07 PM, Bmac said:

The mustard color was created accidentally, as they placed a gold material (almost a thick mesh, but not quite) over a navy material, creating a darker mustard color. The shade of gold was most likely darker than they used already, but looked even worse with this odd material choice. One of the strangest jerseys I've ever seen in person.

third_jersey.jpg

I've seen this spicy little number in person. It was a Cliff Ronning worn by a great big fat person.

I think they're trying to incorporate elements of this:

SundinStPats.jpg

Or, more likely, pay homage to the vastly superior team, the Canadiens. 

Surely said it before, but forest green and vintage white fabric with leather-brown equipment (gloves, breezers, but not helmets) is what I wish the North Stars had wound up sticking around and doing ever since I saw the '04 All-Star Game. It feels old-time hockey and pond hockey at the same time. The Wild have come close enough, I guess, at least.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So after sitting on this opinion for a few days, I have mixed feelings about the Blues Winter Classic Jersey.

The logo and numbers are made of felt, gives it that old style feel. However, the wear and tear on this jersey is going to be brutal. Any folds really show on the numbers, I feel like after a few times wearing it and washing it, it'll be really rough looking.

The winter classic patch would have been best placed on the upper chest rather than on the shoulder. It's everything that the jersey isn't. It's modern, all stitched and as it's placed on the shoulder, it makes that side very stiff. 

It's a nice jersey overall, but to me, it looks better on a hanger and not on a person. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

On 11/14/2016 at 2:07 AM, the admiral said:

Surely said it before, but forest green and vintage white fabric with leather-brown equipment (gloves, breezers, but not helmets) is what I wish the North Stars had wound up sticking around and doing ever since I saw the '04 All-Star Game. It feels old-time hockey and pond hockey at the same time. The Wild have come close enough, I guess, at least.

The way I'm picturing it that doesn't sound all that bad. I'd love to see a concept if you're up for it.

Archived