2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

36 minutes ago, worcat said:

Interesting that it says "Vegas Hockey", dropping "Las"? Hmmm

Maybe...Mr. Foley mentioned, when asked in an interview a while back, that he preferred "Vegas" to "Las Vegas", although It seems to me that most of the folks that I've talked to in Las Vegas, would prefer "Las Vegas". Visually, a single letter "V" is MUCH easier to work into a logo than the dual "LV". Wouldn't totally surprise me if it ended up being "Vegas (Something) Knights".

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thinking about how a box score would look online or on television, what three letters would look the best or make sense. 

LVK - Las Vegas Knights

VDK - Vegas Desert Knights

IDK - I don't know.......

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

4 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Man, the Pacific Division is going to be a fun watch...

Black/Silver

Black/Orange/Gold

Black/Teal

Black/Red/Yellow

Black/Brick Red

Black/Brick Red/Bronze/Silver

+ Vancouver/Edmonton

"We're going to be black because a lot of teams have black."

-Las Vegas hockey

to be fair, an all black and white team would be pretty cool for vegas since they are a walking circus of colors. watching hockey would be an escape from the festival of lights.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

8 hours ago, worcat said:

Will goalies be prevented or fined if they have any designs on their masks that incorporate anything involved with gambling or Nevada gaming? 

I'm willing to bet that they will. There's potential for some ace designs, but it's a huge gamble not worth taking. OK I'll stop.

I like the idea of the city name being shortened to Vegas. Las Vegas Something Knights is a bit much.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 11/15/2016 at 9:04 PM, McCarthy said:

So it's the Las Vegas Outlaws color scheme.  

LasVegasOutlaws_01.png

Honestly, if they take all their design cues from the Outlaws, they'll get a fair bit of my money. That's more of an NFL-caliber uniform set than most of the new sets unveiled by actual NFL teams in the 15 years since. 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

22 hours ago, worcat said:

thinking about how a box score would look online or on television, what three letters would look the best or make sense. 

LVK - Las Vegas Knights

VDK - Vegas Desert Knights

IDK - I don't know.......

I think you're over thinking this...

If it's Las Vegas, they'll be LV. If they're Vegas, it'll be VEG.

The team name wont play into it, just like TB.

If so, then that makes two teams sharing a color scheme that should be using hot pink instead.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 2016-11-16 at 2:14 PM, Morgo said:

A Vegas team was a golden opportunity to do something unique that really knocked our socks off.

In fairness, the creative team over at Adidas wasn't exactly starting out with a blank canvas. We'll soon see.

Archived