2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Florida's jerseys are better than I originally thought. Especially the whites. They aren't perfect, and I still miss the old logo but, but the new jerseys are pretty good overall.

cb24d828a0afe2464621b8e1a9eba964.png

Viewed from the front, these are some of the best in the league, but the lack of back stripe kills the colour balance and ruins the look.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I attended a Panthers game here in Tampa early in the season and was surprised at how much more legible the higher shoulder numbers were than the traditionally placed ones. From the second level it was clear what the smaller number was, have to squint to figure out the Lightning's. A+ to that change. 

On 11/19/2016 at 4:35 PM, njdevs7 said:

What a difference from almost a decade ago...

andy-hilbert-of-the-new-york-islanders-s

image.JPG

Wow, its like someone messed with the colors in photoshop to make it more "washed out" in the first one.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Islanders unis due to all of the jersey-->pants-->socks striping inconsistencies and a kind of boring outdated logo, But the difference here is just so striking. Royal blue looks great against the white and yellow. The Penguins unis continue to look more beautiful every time that I see them. The way the yellow sleeves look on the white jersey base is so nice, i think it's now one of the best road looks in the league, even with the annoying mismatched sock stripes.

I don't get the flack the Islanders get here for their logo being "boring" and "out-dated" yet people cream themselves over the Habs, Bruins, Flyers, Oilers, and Sabres which are all equally dated looking and unexciting.  

Teams are a product of the eras in which their born. Typically, if they have some modicum of success in a particular look it becomes an identity and sticks with them. The Islanders had a ton of success in that look, it's who they are.  That look defines not just that team's identity but also an era in hockey history.  

The fisherman while "fun" and very 90's (teal!) but was like a sick joke to the fanbase and is associated with a team that went from one who went deep into the Playoffs to one who became a laughingstock trading away all it's legitimate prospects for other team's bags of magic beans.  That Reebok Edge "clownfish" look is a close second in the most hated looks department. 

That material looks like it's almost see-through.  Looks overall like a crappy knock off.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The levels of inception just get deeper. Now we have real Maple Wings.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow, a "heritage" game with two complete swing-and-a-miss jerseys from established franchises. How disappointing!

lindsay.jpg10575-1582441Fr.jpg

THAT's a 100th anniversary game!

Or I'm still waiting for a blue version of these gems,

3132leafs.jpg

But rather, Toronto wants to look like Montreal, so, whatever.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived