TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

14 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Financially speaking, the Flyers have never been close to being on life support. Sure, the Penguins have had more success in terms of cups but I wasn't talking about that.

Yeah, not too long ago the Pens were this close to being moved to Kansas. Either that or the whole ordeal was an empty threat made in order to get the new arena built. I don't remember the whole story but either way that was a thing. Whatever the case, I'm glad they stayed.

NYC, Chicago, and L.A. laugh at your self-proclaimed "City of Champions" designations. 

21 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Was nice seeing these hit the ice on Friday.

CyJQHrAUkAA_uHj.jpg:large

Throwblack Kachina jerseys are ready to go. #Coyotes #ARI20NA

0 replies37 retweets97 likes

Retweet

More

If the Yotes can bring back the kachina pattern, there was no reason the Avs or Stars had to abandon their pre-Edge sets. 

Eh, the Stars cup uniforms have been surpassed by new set in just about every way.  Just need to switch out the silver with gold.

11 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Eh, the Stars cup uniforms have been surpassed by new set in just about every way.  Just need to switch out the silver with gold.

The primary logo doesn't look right with gold instead of silver.

3 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Yeah, not too long ago the Pens were this close to being moved to Kansas. Either that or the whole ordeal was an empty threat made in order to get the new arena built. I don't remember the whole story but either way that was a thing. Whatever the case, I'm glad they stayed.

Me too. It wouldn't have been the same if Crosby and Malkin were playing for the Kansas City Penguins.

22 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

I'm in the minority with my thoughts on the Stars. As much as I loved the Stars inaugural set in Dallas (I actually own the black sweater), the silver looks better than the gold. The green is much better on the current set, as well.

i would like to see an updated version of the Star Uniforn with the current colors as an alternative. Someone made a mockup version of it before and I thought it looked nice. 

On 11/27/2016 at 2:37 PM, Around the Horn said:

On the subject of the use of the Keystone, if we ignore sports for a second, one of the most famous uses of the keystone imagery was by the Pennsylvania Railroad, who's headquarters were in Philadelphia. 

latest?cb=20120817013022

I always associated the keystone with the railroad and not Philadelphia or Pittsburgh in particular, and I certainly get the Heinz connection, but I feel this is reason enough to understand why the Flyers would use it.

With all the banter about the Pitt-Philly rivalry and the Keystone, I wonder if the Flyers will end up having one on their Stadium Series jersey too (presuming we are right that they will not just wear their 50th Anny. ones).  NBC and the NHL have at times referenced the intrastate rivalry so I wonder if in the design process they might have decided that there be some sort of synergy between the uniforms.  Possibly a keystone with City of Brotherly Love on it (not saying it would look good necessarily).  Just a thought.

this game would've been SO much cooler if it was taking place in front of 100K people at Beaver Stadium. But as usual, Penn State has to be overbearing jerks about everything.  Now it's just another Pens or Flyers outdoor game and in Pittsburgh...again. 

7 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

this game would've been SO much cooler if it was taking place in front of 100K people at Beaver Stadium. But as usual, Penn State has to be overbearing jerks about everything.  Now it's just another Pens or Flyers outdoor game and in Pittsburgh...again. 

At least it's not Chicago . Oh wait...

4 hours ago, CRichardson said:

I think this looks pretty sharp myself.

rtsZxzt.jpg

Stars current uniforms are in no need of any tweaks or redesigns. A throwback to 93-94 would be a cool alternate. That's about all.

On 2016-11-27 at 9:39 AM, FGM13 said:

They.. uh... took that slogan down... said it didn't fit with the city anymore.

Which was dumb. The original meaning had nothing to do with sports. The mayor in 1987 called Edmonton a "city of champions" because of the community coming together following the devasting tornado.

I just wish we saw a real jersey made of the Stars set with gold and the darker green that were leaked with the different versions they went through. That looked amazing. 

IMG_8159.JPG

5 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Maybe the Pens, Flyers and NHL want nothing to do with the Pennsylvania State University, I could totally see a good chunk of the Penn State faithful in the crowd making the whole event about Joe Paterno.

2 hours ago, ColeJ said:

A throwback to 93-94 would be a cool alternate.

Yes, please.

dfLqxIA.jpgZwpMrOE.jpg

19 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Yes, please.

dfLqxIA.jpgZwpMrOE.jpg

Still my favorite set that has been worn in Dallas.  

On 11/27/2016 at 2:17 PM, NYYNYR said:

Was nice seeing these hit the ice on Friday.

CyJQHrAUkAA_uHj.jpg:large

Throwblack Kachina jerseys are ready to go. #Coyotes #ARI20NA

0 replies37 retweets97 likes

Retweet

More

I just wish the NHL would market that logo on apparel!  I would love to be able to buy a hat, tshirt, or hoodie with that Coyotes logo on it!