2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are disappointing.

1.  The hem stripes (strips?) on both look bad. 

2.  The Flyers' "thing" has always been colored sleeves.  I hate the WC jerseys because they went with a shoulder yoke rather than sleeves, and I dislike this for the same reason.

3.  The Penguins never had straight sleeve seams - always the kind that dip down below the curve of the yoke.  That makes these look like knock-offs.

4.  Those numbers on the Flyers' jersey!

5.  I dislike black for the Flyers, but I'll give a pass in this case because they wanted to use a third color and there's no other choice.

6.  No triangle for teh Pens?  I get that it would be washed out, and you can't realy change the color of it, but the penguin looks odd without anything behind it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The more I look at these, the more the black numbers don't bother me. Why? They match the logo.

All in all, these represent an upward trend in Stadium Series jerseys and a downward trend in general hockey aesthetics. They're getting too simple for my taste.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

7 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

The more I look at these, the more the black numbers don't bother me. Why? They match the logo.

I think it would be clever if they made the gaps in the numbers 0, 4, 6, 8 and 9 orange!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

On 12/6/2016 at 9:11 PM, Paul Lucas said:

The Dallas Stars one a 1000% yes. OTOH, no to the Islanders. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I actually don't mind the flyers in black. it makes for a very good alt but, the execution of this jersey is kind of lame. To me it looks like they just flipped a couple of colors on the road jersey and called it a day

I really dislike the Flyers' continued use of contrasting nameplates and numbers that over lap the sleeve striping. The former looks lazy (particularly on shorter names that don't get a shorter nameplate) and downright sloppy on the latter. I'd go as far as to say it looks unprofessional when they're combined together. 

The use of the colors is nice though. 

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Just happy for the Flyers' return to black. I'm sure they will tweak it when it inevitably becomes their alternate in a couple years

Black really sucks for hockey jerseys, considering the helmet, pants, and socks need to be black too.  You have all black vs (almost) all white, which against the white ice just looks horrible.  The worst is when the white team has black pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it me, or do the just keep Flyers screwing up with their uniform designs over the last 10-15 years? First it was that god awful 3D effect, then the edge jerseys, then they decide to go with the "classic" look with the stupid contrasting name plates, to this. It seems the only thing they got right was the 2014 Winter Classic jersey. 

Archived