TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

Recommended Posts

The front of the Flyers jersey is boring but serviceable.  The back is a trainwreck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hem strips (credit to BBTV) do look very strange. I get the concept: big blocks of color, huge numbers, and sleeve patches you could land a fighter jet on so that the jerseys read better for people in the last row. I don't mind them for what they are. Okay, so... what happened at the hems then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one of the ugliest jerseys i've ever seen. They should have never stopped wearing the lindros jerseys, it's been downhill ever since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flyers jersey looks great until you see the name plate and numbers, then it all goes to hell.

 

The Penguins collar with the NHL shield surrounded by the white triangle is absurd. It's washed out against the yellow, atleast place a black outline between the colors? Reminds me of a varsity jacket with the patches on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

one of the ugliest jerseys i've ever seen. They should have never stopped wearing the lindros jerseys, it's been downhill ever since. 

 

I wonder how well those would translate to Edge, considering how the black trim on the sleeves was more like a ribbon than piping.  I'd like to see them come back too (not the black though, unless they put orange sleeves on it.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very disappointed of Flyers uniforms, I wasn't expecting something spectacular, but that jersey looks maybe not ugly, but awkward. It need to has more white color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2016 at 2:22 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

The Back

jersey_adlt_stad_gost_back_177606.jpeg

Damn, how hard was it to make the numbers orange ? Would be 100 times better(And still be disapointing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's odd is that the NOB font is the "classic" Flyers font, which they've moved away from in recent years in favor of a standard block (though at times you'll see players on the ice at the same time wearing different NOB fonts.)

 

Also, that nameplate seems awfully tall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Anyone know if teams will be wearing this patch come Jan. 1st? Found it on the Ice jerseys website. 75th anniversary patches were league wide.

 

 NHL-Centennial-19172017-Jersey-Patch-N42

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2016 at 7:48 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

What's odd is that the NOB font is the "classic" Flyers font, which they've moved away from in recent years in favor of a standard block (though at times you'll see players on the ice at the same time wearing different NOB fonts.)

 

Also, that nameplate seems awfully tall.

I'm fairly certain that that picture is photoshopped, so the nameplate looks weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Max@lcs said:

Does Anyone know if teams will be wearing this patch come Jan. 1st? Found it on the Ice jerseys website. 75th anniversary patches were league wide.

 

 NHL-Centennial-19172017-Jersey-Patch-N42

 

I've been seeing them pop up, too. I don't know anything official, but I would hope for putting them on the bottom hem.

 

If the league puts them on the player's right chest, Arizona's trio of patches will be elevated from cringe-inducing to nauseating and maybe throwing up, a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Max@lcs said:

Does Anyone know if teams will be wearing this patch come Jan. 1st? Found it on the Ice jerseys website. 75th anniversary patches were league wide.

 

 NHL-Centennial-19172017-Jersey-Patch-N42

 

 

If they wore the stupid NHL2000 patch they better wear that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Max@lcs said:

Does Anyone know if teams will be wearing this patch come Jan. 1st? Found it on the Ice jerseys website. 75th anniversary patches were league wide.

 

 NHL-Centennial-19172017-Jersey-Patch-N42

 

 

I would hope you wouldn't see those until next season since 1917-18 was technically the first season.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

 

I would hope you wouldn't see those until next season since 1917-18 was technically the first season.. 

 

Yeah but the 75th patch was worn in 91-92.  It would make sense for the NHL to wear the 100th patch next season, as it would be the 100th anniversary and 100th season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BrianLion said:

 

I would hope you wouldn't see those until next season since 1917-18 was technically the first season.. 

 

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Yeah but the 75th patch was worn in 91-92.  It would make sense for the NHL to wear the 100th patch next season, as it would be the 100th anniversary and 100th season.

 

Seriously? The League is in its 100th season right now (since they count the lockout season). The 100th birthday/anniversary is in November of 2017 (so next season). Since we haven't seen them yet this season, it appears they will hold off to celebrate the 100th Anniversary. 

 

This approach makes sense, since it allows the Leafs 100th and remaining five 1967 expansion teams to celibrate their 50th seasons, this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

 

 

Seriously? The League is in its 100th season right now (since they count the lockout season). The 100th birthday/anniversary is in November of 2017 (so next season). Since we haven't seen them yet this season, it appears they will hold off to celebrate the 100th Anniversary. 

 

This approach makes sense, since it allows the Leafs 100th and remaining five 1967 expansion teams to celibrate their 50th seasons, this season.

 

Which is a logical fallacy on the league's part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, classic deployment of the Miser's Coin Purse fallacy, advanced-level stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really would hope we dont see that until next season. Otherwise it would be like celebrating your birthday on January 1st each year (when you're born in July).  Yeah sure, you've been alive during however many years on a calendar, but you're not actually that many years old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.