2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hem strips (credit to BBTV) do look very strange. I get the concept: big blocks of color, huge numbers, and sleeve patches you could land a fighter jet on so that the jerseys read better for people in the last row. I don't mind them for what they are. Okay, so... what happened at the hems then?

Flyers jersey looks great until you see the name plate and numbers, then it all goes to hell.

The Penguins collar with the NHL shield surrounded by the white triangle is absurd. It's washed out against the yellow, atleast place a black outline between the colors? Reminds me of a varsity jacket with the patches on both sides.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

16 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

one of the ugliest jerseys i've ever seen. They should have never stopped wearing the lindros jerseys, it's been downhill ever since. 

I wonder how well those would translate to Edge, considering how the black trim on the sleeves was more like a ribbon than piping.  I'd like to see them come back too (not the black though, unless they put orange sleeves on it.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's odd is that the NOB font is the "classic" Flyers font, which they've moved away from in recent years in favor of a standard block (though at times you'll see players on the ice at the same time wearing different NOB fonts.)

Also, that nameplate seems awfully tall.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/11/2016 at 7:48 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

What's odd is that the NOB font is the "classic" Flyers font, which they've moved away from in recent years in favor of a standard block (though at times you'll see players on the ice at the same time wearing different NOB fonts.)

Also, that nameplate seems awfully tall.

I'm fairly certain that that picture is photoshopped, so the nameplate looks weird.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 hours ago, Max@lcs said:

Does Anyone know if teams will be wearing this patch come Jan. 1st? Found it on the Ice jerseys website. 75th anniversary patches were league wide.

NHL-Centennial-19172017-Jersey-Patch-N42

I've been seeing them pop up, too. I don't know anything official, but I would hope for putting them on the bottom hem.

If the league puts them on the player's right chest, Arizona's trio of patches will be elevated from cringe-inducing to nauseating and maybe throwing up, a little.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

8 hours ago, Max@lcs said:

Does Anyone know if teams will be wearing this patch come Jan. 1st? Found it on the Ice jerseys website. 75th anniversary patches were league wide.

If they wore the stupid NHL2000 patch they better wear that.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

14 hours ago, Max@lcs said:

I would hope you wouldn't see those until next season since 1917-18 was technically the first season.. 

38 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

I would hope you wouldn't see those until next season since 1917-18 was technically the first season.. 

Yeah but the 75th patch was worn in 91-92.  It would make sense for the NHL to wear the 100th patch next season, as it would be the 100th anniversary and 100th season.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, BrianLion said:

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah but the 75th patch was worn in 91-92.  It would make sense for the NHL to wear the 100th patch next season, as it would be the 100th anniversary and 100th season.

Seriously? The League is in its 100th season right now (since they count the lockout season). The 100th birthday/anniversary is in November of 2017 (so next season). Since we haven't seen them yet this season, it appears they will hold off to celebrate the 100th Anniversary. 

This approach makes sense, since it allows the Leafs 100th and remaining five 1967 expansion teams to celibrate their 50th seasons, this season.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Seriously? The League is in its 100th season right now (since they count the lockout season). The 100th birthday/anniversary is in November of 2017 (so next season). Since we haven't seen them yet this season, it appears they will hold off to celebrate the 100th Anniversary. 

This approach makes sense, since it allows the Leafs 100th and remaining five 1967 expansion teams to celibrate their 50th seasons, this season.

Which is a logical fallacy on the league's part.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really would hope we dont see that until next season. Otherwise it would be like celebrating your birthday on January 1st each year (when you're born in July).  Yeah sure, you've been alive during however many years on a calendar, but you're not actually that many years old. 

Archived