2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

I'll never understand the need to buy authentics. As a fan, it serves no functional purpose. You wear a jersey to show allegiance to a team and/or appreciation of a certain player. The replicas accomplish that goal.  I dont have any need for a fight strap and moisture wicking technology when I'm sitting the stands drinking a beer. 

An authentic jersey bring you closer to the game and the player. Like when fans catch a puck or ball. And they are also much nicer with quality embroidered patches and logos. 

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

An authentic jersey bring you closer to the game and the player. Like when fans catch a puck or ball. And they are also much nicer with quality embroidered patches and logos. 

that sounds like a marketing slogan

I'll never understand the need to buy authentics. As a fan, it serves no functional purpose. You wear a jersey to show allegiance to a team and/or appreciation of a certain player. The replicas accomplish that goal.  I dont have any need for a fight strap and moisture wicking technology when I'm sitting the stands drinking a beer. 

The quality of the replicas, specifically the plastic shoulder patches, slits on the hem, and the jock tag forced my hand to buy authentic. I suppose that was the NHL's goal when they made the replicas lower quality. CCM/Koho had very little visible differences between the replicas and authentics. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Because the quality of replicas nowadays is :censored:.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

again though, you're not playing hockey in it so why are you worried about the quality? You're wearing it to sit around and watch a game on TV or at an arena.  It's not like the replicas are fading or falling apart in the wash or from normal use. Just seems like an unnecessary expense IMO. 

2 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

It's not like the replicas are fading or falling apart in the wash or from normal use

Good point. After all, this is a hallmark of the fake jerseys.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

again though, you're not playing hockey in it so why are you worried about the quality? You're wearing it to sit around and watch a game on TV or at an arena.  It's not like the replicas are fading or falling apart in the wash or from normal use. Just seems like an unnecessary expense IMO. 

Sometimes I play hockey in my NHL jerseys. Hem slits, jock tag, plastic shoulder patches, glued on crests, cheaper materials. If you don't care about those things then by all means go replica, but some of us do care about those things.

My authentic was bought with longevity in mind, which is why I didn't put a number on it. It's got a solid weight to it. My alternate jersey is a replica and it's not as heavy and just feels cheaper and like it won't last as long. I think the investment in the higher quality sweater will be worthwhile in the long run. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

MLB authentics are the absolute worst. Some don't even have the front numbers on teams that have them. If you don't want to spring for the authentic then you're better off just getting a shirsey if you want to save money and save even more.

NHL. Replicas are fine. Don't get them from NHL shop though. They're crap. From the name/numbers to the patches. I've gotten nicer replicas from Fanatics, Ice Jerseys and even Amazon.

NFL. Only authentics I've ever owned are Mitchell & Ness throwbacks. Never had a problem with the screen prinetd replicas and I love the Nike "Limited" (swingman) ones only thing about those though is the selection is limited. All they have is one or two players.

NBA. Never liked the screen printed replicas. They just felt like a mesh muscle shirt and weren't always accurate. Again better off just getting a shirsey. The swingmans are great though.

12 minutes ago, VikWings said:

NHL. Replicas are fine. Don't get them from NHL shop though. They're crap. From the name/numbers to the patches. I've gotten nicer replicas from Fanatics, Ice Jerseys and even Amazon.

NHL Shop and Fanatics are one in the same now....

Ottawa potentially could. I noted it here before and it's pretty much just a rumour at this point; but a Sens blogger was at a press release a few months ago and Cyril Leeder (president of the team) said the Sens are staying with the same logo and colour scheme, but will have a different style with Adidas.

28 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

have any teams announced any rebrands/uniform changes for next year or is it just vegas as the only change for next season. 

I would think Vegas would be the focus of Adidas and that they would make them the example of what can be done with whatever jersey template they introduce. Much like what Majestic did with the Dbacks redesign with the Flex Base template.

If I'm paying top dollar for an authentic, there is zero chance I actually wear it on the ice for a game. Give me a $15 solid color practice jersey any day.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

4 hours ago, TorinK92 said:

Ottawa potentially could. I noted it here before and it's pretty much just a rumour at this point; but a Sens blogger was at a press release a few months ago and Cyril Leeder (president of the team) said the Sens are staying with the same logo and colour scheme, but will have a different style with Adidas.

Great news.  While the 2D profile is better than the current logo, I'd hate to see them drop the roman theme for that generic '=O=.'

Archived