TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, worcat said:

Only reason I mention it, the only way to get an official winter classic patch or 50 year patch on a Blues jersey from the authentic team store is by getting it heat pressed on. I'm a fan of all sewn on but if it's the only option then....I dunno.

Have it heat pressed on then bring it to a mom and pop shop to get it actually sewn on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know NHL wants to celebrate 2017 as their big year long 100th anniversary but they didn't really start till December 1917. They honestly should've started this celebration next season. It's weird seeing teams wear a patch for half of this and next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dont care said:

Have it heat pressed on then bring it to a mom and pop shop to get it actually sewn on

As much as I enjoy sewn on logos, wouldn't that jeopardize the authenticity of the jersey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, worcat said:

As much as I enjoy sewn on logos, wouldn't that jeopardize the authenticity of the jersey?

 

This is like saying Lebron tearing the sleeves of his jersey makes it unauthentic 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happened to the supposed Dallas Texans throwback that was leaked in the summer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, worcat said:

Only reason I mention it, the only way to get an official winter classic patch or 50 year patch on a Blues jersey from the authentic team store is by getting it heat pressed on. I'm a fan of all sewn on but if it's the only option then....I dunno.

For what it's worth, the logo on the chest is heat pressed on if it's a replica. 

 

While sewing is better, heat press is fine with me. Though, at least from Real Sports in Toronto, the nameplate is annoying because of how hard it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, insert name said:

I know NHL wants to celebrate 2017 as their big year long 100th anniversary but they didn't really start till December 1917. They honestly should've started this celebration next season. It's weird seeing teams wear a patch for half of this and next season. 

Yeah it's odd, but they're commemorating the 100th calendar anniversary, not season.  2017 makes sense this way I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ark said:

 

This is like saying Lebron tearing the sleeves of his jersey makes it unauthentic 

 

Very poor analogy. Maybe if I were referencing tearing off the sleeves of a hockey jersey, then yes, this would apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiePerske said:

For what it's worth, the logo on the chest is heat pressed on if it's a replica. 

 

While sewing is better, heat press is fine with me. Though, at least from Real Sports in Toronto, the nameplate is annoying because of how hard it is. 

It's an authentic jersey, the logo is sewn on. I agree though, the heat pressed patches make the area they are located very stiff and difficult to feel comfortable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DiePerske said:

For what it's worth, the logo on the chest is heat pressed on if it's a replica. 

 

While sewing is better, heat press is fine with me. Though, at least from Real Sports in Toronto, the nameplate is annoying because of how hard it is. 

 

A long time ago, before fakes, I got a Wayne Greztky Oilers jersey on Ebay. The numbers and nameplate are sewn and legit but hard as heck and despite all the real stitching are ultimately ironed on.idgi. The inside even has a screen printed NHLPA PLAYER logo despite this jersey being made well after he had retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The placements of the sleeve patches vary from team to team. Some are above numbers while others are under the numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it is indeed true that the NHL 100 patch is going onto the sleeve.  Just saw a short warm up clip of Ovie with the patch on the right sleeve under the number.  Looks completely stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sens are also wearing their anniversary patch... They weren't doing that before now, were they?

 

Also quick question, will Canadian teams wear something to commemorate Canada's 150th anniversary? I would think something like a helmet decal of what the world junior team is wearing right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The patch looks so stupid on the arm, put it on the damn front already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did nobody at NHL HQ remember how bad the 20th Anniversary patch looked on the Sharks jerseys?  Obviously the answer was no because of what they're doing with the league 100th patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.