2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

I mean, I really like jerseys...but compared to that...I guess I just like them as a friend lol

I thought the Blues jersey looked genuinely 1960s, just watching them skate looked very vintage. I don't want it to replace the home or away, I think that's finally perfect, but it'd be a great third jersey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bruins will add a memorial patch in honor of the late Milt Schmidt. RIP Uncle Miltie.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bruins-to-honor-milt-schmidt-prior-to-thursdays-game/c-285367048

The Bruins will honor Schmidt's legacy with a pregame tribute prior to tonight's game. In addition, two on-ice graphics with Schmidt's retired jersey number 15 have been painted behind both nets and will remain there for the entire month of January. The Bruins will also wear a commemorative patch on their jerseys featuring Schmidt's number 15 for the rest of the 2016-17 season.

cut.jpg

Should have brought the Giants' mascot over for the night. Regardless, it's amazing to see that uniform back on NHL ice in any capacity.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why are the Penguins wearing white at home again? This is at least the third, maybe fourth time they've done it so far this season. Is it something with the 50 year celebration? Is it because the jerseys are new?

KISSwall09.jpg

32 minutes ago, hormone said:

Why are the Penguins wearing white at home again? This is at least the third, maybe fourth time they've done it so far this season. Is it something with the 50 year celebration? Is it because the jerseys are new?

For this game at least, it's because Tampa played the Flyers yesterday in Philadelphia, who wore their white anniversary jersey.  It would make so sense whatsoever for Tampa to bring both sets of uniforms. So, Pittsburgh wears their whites for Sunday's game.  That could be the same reason for the other times.

On 1/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I don't get why teams with arm stripes don't put the NHL 100 patch inside one of the stripes like the Kings did. It just looks way too crammed fit between the stripes and TV numbers. 

The Blues tried to do this. It is placed on the white stripe.

The 100 patch was not on the Blues jersey when they played Dallas on Saturday. It was also the first time the Blues played wearing their Winter Classic jerseys. They have since replaced the WC patch on the shoulder with the Blues 50th patch. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I can't explain it well, but I never fell in love with that Oakland Seals uniform. It looks like a busier version of the Whalers' old green uniforms, and I didn't like those very much either (of course, the 92-97 set was top-notch). I do like the logo, and love their final teal/yellow set with the Bauhaus lettering. Maybe if they had hung around, they would have arrived at some combo of those.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So a 2017-2018 change is, according to a Paul Lukas tweet, that no third jerseys will be used next year in order to simplify Adidas's takeover.  Maybe this is "own thread" worthy as we predict what certain teams do...I'll guess the Wild take one more step in the "marginalizing a great logo" direction and go with the green script jersey at home.

EDIT: was beaten to it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Again?! What are they freaking doing? You have so much time to get this done, you're picking up the contract how far in advance, YOU'RE THE PARENT COMPANY OF REEBOK, Get your act together and take over without issue! MAKE IT WORK! Even if it means saying you can't get all the thirds done until November, that's better than the whole year.

I wonder how much money the league will lose by having no third jerseys next year

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

5 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Again?! What are they freaking doing? You have so much time to get this done, you're picking up the contract how far in advance, YOU'RE THE PARENT COMPANY OF REEBOK, Get your act together and take over without issue! MAKE IT WORK! Even if it means saying you can't get all the thirds done until November, that's better than the whole year.

I wonder how much money the league will lose by having no third jerseys next year

That's what I find funny about this.  While I admit to not knowing all there is about the biz, it doesn't seem that it should be that hard to make happen.

On the other hand, I like a year of old-school, one-home/one-road hockey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

18 minutes ago, Chico said:

From Paul Lukas via Minneapolis Star Tribune no alternates next season.

C1vIV4yXEAEiDHE.jpg

So, new home and road jerseys for all teams next year (not all teams will change, but there will be jersey carry overs to the new template just like NY, NYR, DET, CHI & MTL at the CCM/KOHO -> Reebok transition) so everybody rushed out to buy them. Then a year later introduce 3rds... so everybody rushes out to buy them.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived