2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

48 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Again?! What are they freaking doing? You have so much time to get this done, you're picking up the contract how far in advance, YOU'RE THE PARENT COMPANY OF REEBOK, Get your act together and take over without issue! MAKE IT WORK! Even if it means saying you can't get all the thirds done until November, that's better than the whole year.

I wonder how much money the league will lose by having no third jerseys next year

I bet they're doing this to actually make money. People are going to want to buy adidas sweaters next year (or whatever the hell the replica is). They'll have a dark and a light option. Fast forward the next year and each team has a new third option. 

People probably aren't going to want to buy two new jerseys in the same year. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too worried.  This is temporary.

I am more concerned about Adidas trying to get cute and modify the fit of uniforms like Reebok tried to do in their first years.  Eventually players all revolted against it and got them cut in the old-fashioned way; Reebok eventually caved.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It'll never happen, but I'd be over the moon if the Lightning went back to black as their primary. Oh yes.

never going to happen, but a small addition of a black accent to the home and roads wouldn't be a bad thing.

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

So a 2017-2018 change is, according to a Paul Lukas tweet, that no third jerseys will be used next year in order to simplify Adidas's takeover.  Maybe this is "own thread" worthy as we predict what certain teams do...I'll guess the Wild take one more step in the "marginalizing a great logo" direction and go with the green script jersey at home.

EDIT: was beaten to it.

Micheal Russo's article from the Star Tribune said that the Wild are likely to go with the green sweater,

Uniform mandate

Multiple sources tell the Star Tribune that all NHL teams will be permitted to have only home and road jerseys next season as Adidas takes over for Reebok as the official outfitter of NHL uniforms.

There will be no third jerseys, in order to make the initial implementation of new sweaters easier.

The Wild is in the midst of deciding whether to go with red or green home sweaters. If the Wild chooses green, which sounds probable, the jersey likely will be slightly redesigned from the current third jersey.

Hopefully that means the main logo on the chest! No roundel, and no wordmark. Although, I do like the wordmark, and I hope it will comeback as a third in the future...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, insert name said:

They have a classic! What are they thinking?

The only change I would make is to have the white jersey revert to the 82-92 style striping but replace the green with black. Leave the red jersey alone and have the red, white, and green be an alternate. I figured the new ownership would eventually add an alternate jersey. I never expected to have a full redesign.

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

12 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Micheal Russo's article from the Star Tribune said that the Wild are likely to go with the green sweater,

Hopefully that means the main logo on the chest! No roundel, and no wordmark. Although, I do like the wordmark, and I hope it will comeback as a third in the future...

I don't like the sound of that.  I'm not sure what they're allowed to do at this point but I don't see the primary logo going front-and center.

Best case is maybe they put it on the shoulders and try to add more red into the jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This really is awful news. I'm legitimately concerned about the adidas switch now. I wasn't concerned AT ALL until today.

This seems like more of a league wide revamp than I expected, and the Devils being a victim really really sucks.

I was optimistic that Dallas would be upgraded to lose the duck tail diaper look, but be otherwise unchanged.... But now I'm worried. Has Adidas proven to be able to make any collar other than the world cup one?

I will miss the lace up on the victory green if it's gone.

Per the mothership:

1-9-2017 9-39-26 AM.png

I'm thinking this either has to be the Flames or the Wild. Based on the other teams Chris mentioned, as well as ruling out unmentioned teams such as the Rangers and Bruins who will definitely not promote their alts to primary status, I'd say the Flames or Wild are most likely.

Edit: Never mind... Looks like it was the Oilers. Consider me surprised!

Archived