2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

The Pittsburgh Penguins have unveiled a 50th anniversary logo. No word if it's going to be worn on anything. But 50% off in the Penguins' store probably hints that they're clearing out current merchandise for a change next year.

155605T_50th_Logo_Patch_RGB_MR.png

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=867879&cmpid=pit-fb-penguins

It's missing a lot, some kind of hat-tip to the blue era would've been nice, but overall it's nice. I like it. Would definitely wear on a hat or polo.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hockey week said:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have unveiled a 50th anniversary logo. No word if it's going to be worn on anything. But 50% off in the Penguins' store probably hints that they're clearing out current merchandise for a change next year.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

5 hours ago, hockey week said:

It's missing a lot, some kind of hat-tip to the blue era would've been nice, but overall it's nice. I like it. Would definitely wear on a hat or polo.

Maybe a baby blue/navy blue outline(s) of some kind would have been a little throwback to the blue years. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Flyers unveil 50th anniversary logo, and will have a 50th anniversary jersey that will replace their current alt and be worn at least once vs the Penguins in an outside game, possibly twice if the rumored home-home outdoor series takes place.

This is possibly a teaser for the jersey:

Voila_Capture-2016-02-09_06-15-34_PM-110

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/the-flyers-will-get-new-50th-anniversary-jerseys-a-patch-and-host-alumni-game-against-penguins-next-season.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Penguins 50th logo: Good. Colors, cups, shape are all nice.

Flyers 50th logo: Good. Keystone shape is very nice. Clean.

Kings 50th logo: Bad. This is an example of when combining eras goes wrong. Muddled. The current LA with the old crown is very off. The 1967 50 2017 isn't a great read. 50 in place of the LA would've been the way to go if you're going within the current shield shape.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

32 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Flyers unveil 50th anniversary logo, and will have a 50th anniversary jersey that will replace their current alt and be worn at least once vs the Penguins in an outside game, possibly twice if the rumored home-home outdoor series takes place.

This is possibly a teaser for the jersey:

Voila_Capture-2016-02-09_06-15-34_PM-110

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/the-flyers-will-get-new-50th-anniversary-jerseys-a-patch-and-host-alumni-game-against-penguins-next-season.html

Crossing fingers stupid contrasting nameplates aren't used this time...

30 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Will the Stars jump on the 50th anniversary bandwagon as well?  Or will they continue only to celebrate Dallas anniversaries? Would be a shame to see them ignore the first 26 years of their existence. 

The Stars previously had 10th anniversary and 20th anniversary logos, which were used to celebrate their time in Dallas only on both occasions.

I don't see them time jumping from 20 to 50 on a patch within a 5 year span. If they have a 25th anniversary patch, they may include a tad of something to commemorate the North Stars, but nothing prominent for sure. Maybe a touch of North Stars yellow with current colors?

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Stars previously had 10th anniversary and 20th anniversary logos, which were used to celebrate their time in Dallas only on both occasions.

I don't see them time jumping from 20 to 50 on a patch within a 5 year span. If they have a 25th anniversary patch, they may include a tad of something to commemorate the North Stars, but nothing prominent for sure. Maybe a touch of North Stars yellow with current colors?

There is nothing preventing the Stars from celebrating anniversaries both for the current city and for the franchise as a whole, as the Dodgers do.

443_los_angeles-dodgers-anniversary-1983   2126.gif

But, sadly, the fact that they didn't release a 50th anniversary logo with the other 1967 teams is an indication that they don't intend to do so.  This is a shame particularly because the 50-year period is divided almost evenly between Minnesota and Dallas, a fact which could have generated any number of interesting designs if the will had been there.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There is nothing preventing the Stars from celebrating anniversaries both for the current city and for the franchise as a whole, as the Dodgers do.

443_los_angeles-dodgers-anniversary-1983   2126.gif

But, sadly, the fact that they didn't release a 50th anniversary logo with the other 1967 teams is an indication that they don't intend to do so.  This is a shame particularly because the 50-year period is divided almost evenly between Minnesota and Dallas, a fact which could have generated any number of interesting designs if the will had been there.

Great point about the Dodgers.  I believe the Giants and A's did similar as well.  

What would really be "out there" is to see the Sharks release a 50th anniversary patch that incorporates the Seals, Barons, North Stars, and Sharks.  Although I guess technically Gund's ownership interest was the only thing that technically lasted from the Seals to the Sharks. 

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I hope Flyers bring back Hextall era uniforms as a retro.

That is exactly what I think it'll be. In looking at the Flyers jersey history, they have only two jerseys that could be possible. (Assuming that the Jersey will be a throwback...) The home/white Lindros Era jersey, or the Weird silver and Orange jersey...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived