2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

4 hours ago, dont care said:

i think you would have a hard time not identifying that as the predators logo. i dont see any flaws that he is talking about.

I never said you couldn't identify it, I'm just saying that it's a weak as :censored: logo (mainly on a white - jerseys or print or screen, whatever).

It has always felt hackney and gimmicky to me, to have a "predator" with HUGE fangs protruding from its mouth. I much prefer an animal head like the Wild where it doesn't rely on a silly "cool" factor to give it "edge". 

(sorry for all the quotation marks)

Plus yellow and white in such abundance just never looks strong to me either, just on a side note.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bayne said:

I never said you couldn't identify it, I'm just saying that it's a weak as :censored: logo (mainly on a white - jerseys or print or screen, whatever).

It has always felt hackney and gimmicky to me, to have a "predator" with HUGE fangs protruding from its mouth. I much prefer an animal head like the Wild where it doesn't rely on a silly "cool" factor to give it "edge". 

(sorry for all the quotation marks)

Plus yellow and white in such abundance just never looks strong to me either, just on a side note.

Yeah it's a total gimmick and not a representation of a real animal

IMG_3332.JPG

A halfway-decent rendering of a sabretoothed tiger would be awesome.  

This is not that. 

Admittedly, it's much better than the old chrome-ified version, but that's a low bar.  The logo should've been redrawn from scratch instead of just removing elements - they left it awkward and off.

5 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

That's the tower built into Nashville Gaylord Sommet Bridgestone Arena.
downtown-tennesse-cowboy-country-music-h

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

2). Why do they even have a tower on their arena in the first place? I'm calling a conspiracy on that one. It must be for mind control. Could it be for lightning strikes? Could it be used to control our minds into believing that Tennessee has a hockey team called the Predators that look like futuristic Power Rangers Vehicles on skates? We may never know.

If I remember correctly, there's a radio station in there somewhere, so that might explain the tower. I was in Nashville this summer and checked out the Preds Pro Shop for a bit. The visitor center is just Nashville shirts and stuff and the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame (I didn't go in, but there were some Peyton Manning and Steve McNair jerseys on display outside). Unrelated, but I did enjoy my lunch at the bar connected to the arena.

The tower is a tribute to the Grand Ole Opry, right?

The cleaned-up Perds logo isn't good, but it's better than the original. It looks bad on white, but then again Nashville shouldn't wear white on the road in the first place -- just yellow home and away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

A halfway-decent rendering of a sabretoothed tiger would be awesome.  

This is not that. 

Admittedly, it's much better than the old chrome-ified version, but that's a low bar.  The logo should've been redrawn from scratch instead of just removing elements - they left it awkward and off.

Exactly. 100%

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:26 PM, Bayne said:

Am I the only one who gets annoyed everytime I see the Hurricanes jerseys because the logo looks like it needs to be about 10% bigger? Looks too small in my eyes. 

That's like the fifth thing I get annoyed about every time I see the Hurricanes jerseys. Let's see: 1. no flag striping on the hem, 2. No alternate logo on the shoulders, 3. boring as can be striping that is just barely different enough from the Red Wings 4. deliberately tries to avoid matching their white jersey, 5. logo is too small. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

16 hours ago, Sam R. said:

Found a new wordmak logo for the Flyers. It's in the bottom right corner of the video they just posted on Instagram. 

IMG_7445.PNG

phi16wrd-black.png?format=750w

From the Icethetics Season Preview :

In addition, the club has implemented a new wordmark, which you can see in the mini-slideshow above. So far I've only seen it used in marketing applications.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

That's like the fifth thing I get annoyed about every time I see the Hurricanes jerseys. Let's see: 1. no flag striping on the hem, 2. No alternate logo on the shoulders, 3. boring as can be striping that is just barely different enough from the Red Wings 4. deliberately tries to avoid matching their white jersey, 5. logo is too small. 

6. I hate the silver/gray outlines on the numbers on the away jersey.

Flyers Wordmark Logo Update:

The wordmark that I found on the Flyers Instagram last night is also now on "Let's Go Flyers" handout poster things. Keep in mind that they haven't completely retired the old wordmark though, as that is still used on the scoreboard and LED rings.

17 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

So was anyone able to snag the Division emblems used on NHL.com?

Atlantic

Metropolitan

Central

Pacific

They're svg so i couldn't do much but i know there are others with better programs to get these with

In this situation, them being SVG is very good, probably the best option. All you have to do is download Inkscape which will open them and then you can resave them as PNG or whatever floats your boat/skillset.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

On 1/23/2017 at 2:25 PM, ldconcepts said:

phi16wrd-black.png?format=750w

On 1/23/2017 at 10:41 PM, Sam R. said:

Flyers Wordmark Logo Update:

The wordmark that I found on the Flyers Instagram last night is also now on "Let's Go Flyers" handout poster things. Keep in mind that they haven't completely retired the old wordmark though, as that is still used on the scoreboard and LED rings.

I could accept them using overall classic Flyers uniforms with updated name and number fonts and even a slightly tweeked logo.

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

Minority opinion maybe, but I like the contrasting nameplates. It's their thing and they should continue to keep them.

I think it's a nice notasgic detail to some classic jerseys.

It fits Philly too well and they really are the only ones who can pull it off properly.

Archived