2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

I'm just curious here. Is there any possibility that the St.Pats might have been.....Red?

Check this out

2rxxx51.jpg

You notice how the newspaper article states that Querrie "dyed the old red blankets of the club a vivid green"? This was before the 1926/27 season. He did change their uniforms for that year (their last as the St.Pats). Wouldn't it be funny if the "St.Pats" actually had red sweaters all this time from 1919/20-1925/26?

And we in our ignorance think they were green.

Heck the Notre Dame Fighting Irish wear blue uniforms so it might not be as crazy as it sounds.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stadium Series Color v Color uni matchup tonight between the Penguins & Flyers is quite interesting, to say the least.

The Flyers may have even took some inspiration from one of my past concepts for their jerseys..

10 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Stadium Series Color v Color uni matchup tonight between the Penguins & Flyers is quite interesting, to say the least.

The Flyers may have even took some inspiration from one of my past concepts for their jerseys..

You're joking, right?

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

This one when it was unveiled, I freaked out how because of how much it looked like a past concept of mine...

0104-brianbrideau-wsh.png

washington-capitals-nicklas-backstrom-wi

I don't  really think that the Caps unis are similar, but the Flyers one is pretty similar

4 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

I don't  really think that the Caps unis are similar, but the Flyers one is pretty similar

I know the jerseys are not identical. But even Chris from Icethetics said it himself on the blog that the Capitals may have "burrowed" another artist's logo + bits and pieces from my concept to make the WC jersey, or that we were onto something basically. I even got a post from the Washington Capitals Facebook page themselves, when they take a look at concepts. Anyways, I know the final product has many differences, but I also know which elements from my work are used on the WC jersey, whether all the burrowing is a coincidence or whether they really used the internet for inspiration.

Whatever people's opinions are about this, it is what it is. But I don't make things up. It was still cool that I got a post from the Capitals Facebook.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

It's "borrowing," and the only similarity is that they both have two white stripes on the hem.

And 3 white stars on the front.

I said a few similarities, but I'm not denying there's many differences too. I didn't say they were 100% identical.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

And 3 white stars on the front.

I said a few similarities, but I'm not denying there's many differences too. I didn't say they were 100% identical.

I wonder where you got the idea for the 3 stars in the first place...

Archived