2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

14 minutes ago, the admiral said:

If the North Stars had stuck around, as God intended, I think they would have wound up looking pretty similar to what the current NHL team is doing with the old-timey State of Hockey branding.

This reminds me of the trajectory you posted a while back:

On 4/28/2016 at 10:16 PM, the admiral said:

In an alternate universe of my own design, the North Stars do the following:

1) Never change to the proto-Dallas uniforms

2) Never move

3) Adopt the All-Star template with a heavy emphasis on black and the ST^RS logo, which is thoroughly rejected by traditionalist Minnesota fans who miss the N-Star

4) the team shoddily compromises with a home uniform that sticks the old N-Star on the All-Star template but keeps ST^RS on the road

5) the North Stars anticipate the retro movement with a switch to forest green and vintage white, essentially the 2004 ASG template but with no red, which continues to this day as the Stars leverage their Minnesota location into sort of an "America's Team" status alongside the Wings and Hawks

Ideally they work through this whole sequence from 1991-1996 and are in 2004 All-Star Game uniforms and also a St. Paul arena by the 1996-97 season. Also somewhere before or in this, people work for the North Stars who actually figure out how to successfully market the team. I can do concepts if you want.

I'm sure that had they stuck around, there'd be a "Bring Back the Kelly/Yellow" movement brewing against whatever old-timey look the team adopted. Retro-chic would have eventually dismissed the forest green/vintage white look for something more connected to the team's history. At the very least, a kelly/yellow (no black) third sweater would be in use.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chewbacca said:

If the Wild went with forest green and gold like the Green Bay Packers. I wonder if that would be a decent compromise.

I have some mock-ups here, to illustrate how both the Wild and Stars can use Kelly Green/Gold and Forest Green/Gold:

DAL_MIN_KellyandYellow.thumb.png.78c8fc977ac0d74aa2a7e4da2b89c33a.png

I like the Kelly Green/Gold for the Stars, but I prefer Forest Green/Gold for the Wild. Of course, with the extensive overlap of Vikings and Wild fans, I doubt Forest Green/Gold would go over well with them.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm sure that had they stuck around, there'd be a "Bring Back the Kelly/Yellow" movement brewing against whatever old-timey look the team adopted. Retro-chic would have eventually dismissed the forest green/vintage white look for something more connected to the team's history. At the very least, a kelly/yellow (no black) third sweater would be in use.

Yeah, I could see something like that happening. Oh well. We really would have been so much better off with the continuing Minnesota North Stars and a Dallas expansion team for 1993-94. Only an idiot couldn't sell hockey in Minnesota and the North Stars had three.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I have some mock-ups here, to illustrate how both the Wild and Stars can use Kelly Green/Gold and Forest Green/Gold:

DAL_MIN_KellyandYellow.thumb.png.78c8fc977ac0d74aa2a7e4da2b89c33a.png

I like the Kelly Green/Gold for the Stars, but I prefer Forest Green/Gold for the Wild. Of course, with the extensive overlap of Vikings and Wild fans, I doubt Forest Green/Gold would go over well with them.

I was thinking the Wild logo would be the same as it always is. Maybe some red trim on the numbers like what the Knights are probably going to do. Speaking of the Vikings, maybe that's why the North Stars had attendance issues. :P I'm only kidding.

On 2017-03-27 at 11:06 PM, Fresno St. Alum said:

The Oilers are Royal blue and orange, right. Why is all of their merchandise navy and orange? 

This has been bothering me for years, of all my Oilers merchandise, only my jerseys and one out of 3 hats has royal instead of navy. BUT, I prefer the navy and orange, honestly.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Enough of the Wild/North Stars crap again, Jesus Christ it's like every 3rd page is the exact same thing.

What teams do you guys think are going to wear their third jerseys in the playoffs? I'd guess

Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, and maybe Washington?

16 minutes ago, Point1 said:

Enough of the Wild/North Stars crap again, Jesus Christ it's like every 3rd page is the exact same thing.

What teams do you guys think are going to wear their third jerseys in the playoffs? I'd guess

I think the Wild should wear throwback North Stars jerseys. 

19 hours ago, FGM13 said:

This has been bothering me for years, of all my Oilers merchandise, only my jerseys and one out of 3 hats has royal instead of navy. BUT, I prefer the navy and orange, honestly.

I don't I love royal and orange. Like Florida. All the NFL to navy and black makes me not like the darkening of teams. I bought an orange hat, navy shirt and orange shirt. I wear the orange shirt way more. I'm collecting t shirt and hats from a lot of the nhl teams right now. I seem to really like Oilers, Flames, Blackhawks, Leafs. It's only my 2nd season watching and 1st full season. I love it though. It must be the Canadian subliminal messages on this site.

I have North Stars, Nordiques, Whalers shirts/hats. still need North Stars hat.

36 minutes ago, Point1 said:

I agree, It shouldn't be a discussion at all.  People who can't grasp that the North Stars and Stars are the same team keep bringing it up.

1 hour ago, Point1 said:

Archived