2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the NHL hasn't been able to find sponsers for the ads on the world cup of hockey uniforms, does this mean that ads on all the regular NHL sweaters are even farther away now? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Since the NHL hasn't been able to find sponsers for the ads on the world cup of hockey uniforms, does this mean that ads on all the regular NHL sweaters are even farther away now? 

Probably not. I imagine they'll be asking considerably less for those ads.

On 2/23/2016 at 6:22 PM, jp1409 said:

I can't believe I still click on this thread every single day hoping for some actual news...

You and me both.  I was hoping the Leafs wouldn't wait until the draft to show us the new uniforms.

6 hours ago, Gobbi said:

I'm not sure if this is already known but the Flyers sent out an email saying that all season ticket holders for next season would receive a "special 50th anniversary jersey".

They will wear that for a few games next season, like how the Canucks wore their 40th Anniversary Jersey back in 2011.

I watched the Avalanche/Red Wings Alumni Game and I'm just not feeling it with Colorado's original jersey. I don't like it at all. I hate the entire uniform. I know people will disagree with me but that look is terrible in my opinion. As I say that though, man, was it nice to see an Avalanche team not wearing those disasters the Avalanche actually call their home & road jerseys. Their original look is a lot better than what they have now.

• 3 weeks later...

New Icethetics Jersey Watch, but unfortunately, very little new in the way of news.  There are however a few tidbits I thought were interesting...

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/nhl-jerseywatch-2016

-Chris seems to think the Oiler's orange, third will be altered or "upgraded" before getting alternate status.  It was after all, only intended to be a specialty jersey.

-The Panthers logo will be very aggressive and turn out of the shield, remaining 3D like the current leaping cat.  The uniforms are apparently modern "yet traditional." with lace up collars and no waist stripes.  According to Chris, a lot of thought and detail went into the design.

-The Senators, will at the very least, have a specialty uniform for 2017.

-The Blackhawks getting another outdoor game is not news to anyone but it's interesting to note that they've never worn a red uniform.  Will 2017 be the year?  Here's how I would rank their outdoor game uniforms...

4) 2016 Stadium Series

wZRGZGn.jpg

3) 2014 Stadium Series

pgvsSet.png

2) 2009 Winter Classic

FPZQ9iq.jpg

1) 2015 Winter Classic

QBMOQ3A.jpg

8 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

not really sure what you could do in the way of a red jersey since it's always been the same one used since the 50's. 

Actually, the jersey striped changed in the 60's for the red jersey. 

I'd love a red version of the 61-62 sweater to be used: 

Blackhawks24.png

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

10 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

not really sure what you could do in the way of a red jersey since it's always been the same one used since the 50's. 

1)  it's in St. Louis. Why would St. Louis wear white at home? There's no way we see a red jersey this year.

2) Did you see the Hawks' jersey against Washington? They moved a patch and removed some colors. And everyone loved it. Clearly the Blackhawks don't care if their specialty jersey isn't very different from their regular jerseys, and everyone seems to be ok with that.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

49 minutes ago, hockey week said:

1)  it's in St. Louis. Why would St. Louis wear white at home? There's no way we see a red jersey this year.

No way?

Is that why Detroit wore red as the visiting team against Colorado in the SS game?

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

No way?

Is that why Detroit wore red as the visiting team against Colorado in the SS game?

well s***, how didn't I notice that?  I'm guessing Colorado couldn't get their incredibly dark color scheme to work with that logo on that template, but the point remains, you're right.

I still think it's unlikely, but you're right.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The new panthers design sounds very promising-- I'm hoping that the color balance of the red sweater doesnt look too much like Montreal considering there is a rumored stripe across the center of the chest like the Habs have, but it sounds like it's going to be pretty different with the gold incorporated. Also the the uni watch blurb it says they might bring back the 90s uniforms as an alternate, that would be awesome, maybe they will bring back the dark blue version of those jerseys with the triangular shoulder striping. That would be better than bringing back the red version of that jersey, although i love that one, their primary jersey will also be red. That bothers me for teams like the Flames or Leafs where the alternate jersey looks similar color-wise to the primary jersey, it's just a better version of it.

They definitely won't be looking like the Habs and, for once, I'm a glad a uniform is opting against hem-stripes.  Circumvents the whole "we can be retro too" vibe I was worried about.  Looks like everything now rests on the quality of the logos.  I really hope the Panther retains some of the detailing from their first logo.  It looked great and produced on of the best goalie mask designs ever, in my opinion.

mgz1cqO.jpg

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Actually, the jersey striped changed in the 60's for the red jersey. 

I'd love a red version of the 61-62 sweater to be used: 

Blackhawks24.png

I was hoping that this was going to be the jersey they wore for the Winter Classic against the Capitals. At this point it's either this or the barber pole jerseys.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

They definitely won't be looking like the Habs and, for once, I'm a glad a uniform is opting against hem-stripes.  Circumvents the whole "we can be retro too" vibe I was worried about.  Looks like everything now rests on the quality of the logos.  I really hope the Panther retains some of the detailing from their first logo.  It looked great and produced on of the best goalie mask designs ever, in my opinion.

mgz1cqO.jpg

Top 10 goalie masks ever and the best panthers uniform set in franchise history.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived