2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I was thinking these:
Blues08.png

since there's precedent from 03-04's Vintage series (I miss that)

BluesSpecial2.png

but they wore the non-shoulder-yoked versions for much longer (though I think they sell those at their team store...which could be a hint that it's popular or a hint that they've done it too long...hard to tell) though I've been on a bit of a cold streak around here recently, so this for what it's worth lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That's the main reason why I didn't pick the 03-04 vintage style is because it's already been made and it's selling in the team store. I would imagine the team would want to use a new design to sell more merchandise.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

It can be different from the Habs if the chest stripe is thicker and/or if they use a different sized outline; something similar to the Blackhawks heritage jersey.

Perhaps they even borrowed inspiration from this. This could a good base for the new traditional Panthers look...

Team_Canada_Hockey_jerseys.jpg

16 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

It can be different from the Habs if the chest stripe is thicker and/or if they use a different sized outline; something similar to the Blackhawks heritage jersey.

Perhaps they even borrowed inspiration from this. This could a good base for the new traditional Panthers look...

Team_Canada_Hockey_jerseys.jpg

Yeah, make the arm stripes on both sides instead of just one, add some gold striping (i wouldnt mind it if it had a bit of a metallic sheen, like the goalie mask above) the same width as the black socks stripe on either side of the arm/chest stripe, switch all black with navy. White numbers with navy trim on the red jersey, navy numbers with gold trim on the white jersey. It would have lace up collar, obviously. That is not a bad look at all.

What i'm wondering is how they are going to put a modern spin on this. the Icethetics article mentions some tweets, and although it's hard to decipher some of the tweets / if the guy knows what he is talking about, it strongly hints that there will be some modern elements worked in 

12 hours ago, hockey week said:

well s***, how didn't I notice that?  I'm guessing Colorado couldn't get their incredibly dark color scheme to work with that logo on that template, but the point remains, you're right.

I still think it's unlikely, but you're right.

Let's not forget: Buffalo hosted the first Winter Classic, and wore white throwbacks. And just a couple of years ago we had both teams wearing coloured uniforms.

Maybe it is unlikely given the general trend of the Winter Classic, but you never know!

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The point remains that Chicago's quickly running low on throwbacks :D What's left? The Ottawa Senators-esque look and the black and whites?

Before long they'll be going "Aw, :censored: it" and wearing the regular uniform :lol:

EDIT: Mind you, that's basically what they did last year. Take the regular whites, tweak them a bit, and voila! New throwback!

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

16 hours ago, Morgo said:

They definitely won't be looking like the Habs and, for once, I'm a glad a uniform is opting against hem-stripes.  Circumvents the whole "we can be retro too" vibe I was worried about.  Looks like everything now rests on the quality of the logos.  I really hope the Panther retains some of the detailing from their first logo.  It looked great and produced on of the best goalie mask designs ever, in my opinion.

mgz1cqO.jpg

Triangular shoulder yokes...diagonal striping...very 90-ish, but I agree with Morgo...Their best look so far.

Actually, a lot of people groan about 90's design, but that era produced some great-looking uniforms.

The original Ducks offering was pretty sweet.

The 1999 Stars' "star template" sweater was one of my faves.

1990-ish Pens set remains their best look IMO.

The original Senators, Avalanche, and Hurricanes uniforms are still their nicest.

Word is (at least according to Icethetics) that the Panthers are also bringing back the 1993 jersey as an alternate.

Given their weird definition of a "Throwback Night" not actually involving any throwback uniforms, I'll be surprised if they even do that.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

56 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Red V Blue for the Hawks and St. Louis would be a great match-up IMO.

Worked when Toronto beat Detroit in the Winter Classic a few years back. 

Would an exciting model for the Winter Classic be Host team vs Stanley Cup Champions

Or hell, have the All Star game be an outdoor game?

-Just speculating some ideas to spice it up

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

On 3/14/2016 at 1:55 PM, BayouJim said:

I was hoping that this was going to be the jersey they wore for the Winter Classic against the Capitals. At this point it's either this or the barber pole jerseys.

What I would like to see for the Blackhawks, (Since they just have to be in an Outdoor Game every single year. :rolleyes: ) is either a red early 60's throwback or a cream fauxback with the older Chief logo.

Definitely in the minority here, but I'd love to see this uni matchup. This rivalry was at its hottest in the early 90's, and people forget how intense of a rivalry this was. Still is, but it doesn't even compare to the early 90's.  Manson vs Stevens at center ice. Keenan vs Sutter. Chelios vs everyone. Grimson vs Chase/Butcher. Roenick and Larmer vs Hull and Shanahan. Blues fans with their "Bellllllll-Fouurrrrrrr" chant that shook the arena. Regardless of how you feel about that Blues jersey (I happen to love it...which is a word that I could never usually use when it comes to the Blues), it symbolizes an era when this was the hottest ticket in either town, and there was genuine hatred in the air. I challenge any Blues or fellow Hawks fan that was around back then to disagree. 

joseph.jpg4918-333Fr.jpg

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

This is pretty cool...

864021e4ed983b56427aae702a13ccf0.jpg

Imagine a St. Patrick's Day Stadium Series game with the Penguins wearing a jersey with this logo. Now that would be something else. Also note the Devils are wearing their throwback tonight.

Archived