2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

CANUCKS NEWS at last!

Canucks President Trevor Linden announced that due to the popularity of this year's vintage Skate jersey, the club has decided to promote the '94 look to 3rd jersey status. The current updated Stick In Rink alternate will be on hiatus for the time being. 

I think this is a great move by the Canucks as they try to make amends with a very frustrated fan base. Furthermore, having a third that isn't too close to resembling the primary. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

CANUCKS NEWS at last!

Canucks President Trevor Linden announced that due to the popularity of this year's vintage Skate jersey, the club has decided to promote the '94 look to 3rd jersey status. The current updated Stick In Rink alternate will be on hiatus for the time being. 

I think this is a great move by the Canucks as they try to make amends with a very frustrated fan base. Furthermore, having a third that isn't too close to resembling the primary. 

April Fools?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Gary Bettman just announced that to save money, teams will no longer where uniforms on ice since they can no longer afford them. 

HAHAHAHAHA LOLZ GOT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDX XDXX DC DF QWRE OJN35UEQ4 UQ RW BOW DOWN TO ME LMAO IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY

APRIL FOOLZ Y'ALL

please stop.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

46 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Gary Bettman just announced that to save money, teams will no longer where uniforms on ice since they can no longer afford them. 

HAHAHAHAHA LOLZ GOT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDX XDXX DC DF QWRE OJN35UEQ4 UQ RW BOW DOWN TO ME LMAO IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY

APRIL FOOLZ Y'ALL

please stop.

Nothing wrong with a little fun. ;)

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

8 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

CANUCKS NEWS at last!

That's heartless...

9 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

CANUCKS NEWS at last!

Why can't this be true!? Haha.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

There are so many rumours right now that the Hurricanes are going to move to Quebec city (where I live). Three different reporters have stated today that the hurricanes are going to move at the end of the season. Plus, many sources have confirmed that Karmanos (Carolina owner) was in town last week.

And now here's the latest new : 

A Qc city local journalist just mentioned that the NHL upgrades to the new rink include painting the NHL players room to a Nordiques blue

Quebecor has stated numerous times that the player room would not be painted until we got our team.

Can't wait to see if it's true. And Carolina last game is against the Habs :-) 

found this on the canucks site

It seems that Quebecor is going to be the next Jim Balsillie. Think they can buy a team and move them behind the NHL's back.

I still laugh when Jim Balsillie was selling Hamilton Predators season tickets even before he bought the Nashville Predators.

And when was the last time anyone talked about Jim Balsillie? Didn't he get fired from his own company? I think I saw him stocking shelves at the Loblaws near where I live the other day. I remember his manager (some pimply faced teenager) yelled at him for denting the Campbell soup cans when he dropped them.

The Catch of the Day!

1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

It seems that Quebecor is going to be the next Jim Balsillie. Think they can buy a team and move them behind the NHL's back.

I don't know what kind of an ass an octopus has, but you're pulling this post out of it. How could a sale to Quebecor possibly be behind anyone's back?

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Why can't Carolina just keep their team and quebec gets a new team ?

Because the NHL doesn't want to give them a new team. Jeremy Jacobs, the league's most powerful owner, said so. They want to give teams to Las Vegas and Seattle, or possibly Houston.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Quebecor went through the process of expansion to show how serious they were about getting a team. Assuming their proposal was solid, the NHL would have no reason to reject them as an owner. 

If they are doing anything its not behind anyones back, just like True North did when they bought Atlanta. They are just being smart and not being public about it.

On March 31, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Webhamster said:

The senschirp.ca website had an article recently with a Sens rebrand by the guy who designed the heritage jersey.  I thought it was quite good although I'm not a fan of the mish-mash shoulder patch.

Ten-1024x768.thumb.jpeg.b9ed46552145a789

Full article here.

Why am I just seeing this now, that is absolutely beautiful.  Just ditch the shoulder yokes...

On 2/4/2016 at 3:03 PM, Jhero34 said:

Quebecor went through the process of expansion to show how serious they were about getting a team. Assuming their proposal was solid, the NHL would have no reason to reject them as an owner. 

If they are doing anything its not behind anyones back, just like True North did when they bought Atlanta. They are just being smart and not being public about it.

They talked about it in the medias and then,... nothing. Knowing Quebecor owns about every major medias here, they were probably told to keep it low about it

On 3/31/2016 at 6:41 AM, Webhamster said:

The senschirp.ca website had an article recently with a Sens rebrand by the guy who designed the heritage jersey.  I thought it was quite good although I'm not a fan of the mish-mash shoulder patch.

Ten-1024x768.thumb.jpeg.b9ed46552145a789

Full article here.

Those are very nice. The only thing I don't like is the logo on the shoulders. Just put the current 'O' shoulder logo on there instead and this would be a great improvement.

On 4/2/2016 at 5:47 PM, Morgo said:

Why am I just seeing this now, that is absolutely beautiful.  Just ditch the shoulder yokes...

The yokes are WAY TOO BIG.

Ditch the yoke on the red sweater and shrink the away yoke.

Archived