2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Panthers logo is at best a shoulder patch that they will use as a primary. It's not terrible, but I don't like it for what it's replacing. 

I will miss their current logo and sunshine secondary. It's quite a shame they were attached to some terrible and irrelevant teams for so long. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Or that he felt your question was fundamentally flawed.

But the topic was the original shark fits in better.  He asked how could one fit in better than the other.  

It was not, "Is this Sharks logo the same as these O6 logos?" 

Just now, CreamSoda said:

But the topic was the original shark fits in better.  He asked how could one fit in better than the other.  

It was not, "Is this Sharks logo the same as these O6 logos?" 

I agree with you, actually. The original Sharks logo has a sort of timelessness that transcends a lot of 1990s designs. The original Florida Marlins' logo does too, actually. 

I can see wildwing's point though, about the biting of a hockey stick making this an unmistakeable 90s logo despite its more timeless quality. It's the one thing that betrays the logo's age. 

It still fits alongside older logos though. Maybe not 1930s O6 marks, but certainly along with the class of 1967. 

17 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I doubt it's the real thing considering it doesn't follow any of the hints we got from George Richards

It's a panther in a shield with a "PANTHERS" wordmark across the top. Seems to fit pretty well, all things considered.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the supposed new Panthers logo. The rendering of the panther especially is really nice. I think I still like the outgoing logo more (just smooth it out and clean it up a tad and it's perfect) and will miss it, but this as a different direction turned out about as good as you'd hope it to in my opinion.

Now hopefully the uniforms turn out just as well as the logo did.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I doubt it's the real thing considering it doesn't follow any of the hints we got from George Richards

It follows all the vast majority of the hints from George Richards.  Like IceCap noted, I'm not surprised that "leak" is what it is.  I am pleasantly surprised by the updated panther.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

Apparently this is rumored to be the Florida Panthers new logo, according to Paul Lukas.

IMG_20160426_150833.jpg

It's actually a pretty nice looking logo.  Putting Florida instead of Panthers might have made more sense.  Despite that, I still like their current logo and don't feel they needed to change outside of maybe trying to sell more merchandise.

Just reading George Richards' Twitter timeline, the new Panthers logo will be officially released in June.  

One thing to consider is the lighter color around the nose and neck area...is that a vintage white or beige, and will it be used in place of white on the stripes and numbers?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

27 minutes ago, B-mer said:

I like it, but wasn't it supposed to have its teeth bared?  I thought that was one of the hints to say it will be a fierce looking Panther. 

That thing is giving quite the pissed-off death glare.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

The debate was if one shark logo fits in better than the other.  I posted the examples and the answer is one or the other.  He could have answered the new Shark.  But refusing to give an answer is weak.

It's not weak. Yes, you gave a yes or no question,but wildwing64 said he felt that neither was a good option. IMO, he gave an answer,whether it was the one you were looking for or not. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived