TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

I thought the original description said the panther has its mouth wide open? Or am I remembering wrong

On January 1, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Bpoe96 said:

My apologies, I seem to have misread the tweet slightly. Rather than the seal not being there he said it'd be a stylized version. The tweet from that is below, the rest of them I combined into one picture.

IMG_2327.PNG_zpsasqwxawu.jpg

tweets_zps7fc8gw8w.png

I'm right with you. I'm liking where they're going with the jerseys, but not so much with the primary logo. I hope they surprise me (in a good way) somehow come unveiling time.

The Richards checklist:
-Turns out of shield
-Red eyes
-Bared teeth (mentioned twice)

-Red is slightly darker

-Panther faces left

2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Apparently this is rumored to be the Florida Panthers new logo, according to Paul Lukas.

IMG_20160426_150833.jpg

• Not a "flat" panther head; seems to turn out of shield and remain 3D like current leaping cat. Check
    • New logo is very aggressive looking, more natural "Florida Panther" Check
    • Red eyes, bared teeth make it look mean. x Bare teeth not visible
    • Airborne shield. x Close. But not exactly the same shape as the Airborne shield
    • New type for Panthers wordmarks. Check

There is a few small details that don't correspond to the description given by George Richards. But for the most part, it's all there. I think it's the real deal. If it isn't, the real one can't be that much different from this "prototype".

Edit: oh well Nash already beat me to it.

Not the same shape as the Airborne shield, but that might have been how he interpreted it. Conceptually, it's similar enough.

The style of the cat makes me think this was designed by Slavo Kiss. I swear i've seen that panther design before somewhere.

EDIT: Richards confirms. Two of Chris's sources confirm. This is the real deal, folks.

I like it.

It's a solid design on it's own, and I like it more than what the team uses now. I can't wait to see the jerseys.

3 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I don't think it is the real one because of the teeth description

Perhaps the teeth description was just one prototype.  When numerous people say this is the real deal, including George himself, I'm not sure why there would be any "but he said......" doubts.

I love the new Panthers logo. I love the old logo a little bit more, but that doesn't mean I don't still love this new one.

I think I need some new Jagr merch.

I'm in the minority when it comes to this, I actually think this logo is an upgrade.

50 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Perhaps the teeth description was just one prototype.  When numerous people say this is the real deal, including George himself, I'm not sure why there would be any "but he said......" doubts.

Didn't see that. So i guess this is the real thing. I like it, a lot better than expected. The color combo looks really good too.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It follows all the vast majority of the hints from George Richards.  Like IceCap noted, I'm not surprised that "leak" is what it is.  I am pleasantly surprised by the updated panther.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It's a panther in a shield with a "PANTHERS" wordmark across the top. Seems to fit pretty well, all things considered.

Except he saw the logo and gave us hints of what it looked like i.e. gaping mouth teeth barred and airborne patch shape (it's not really close). I was skeptical because of all the concepts people did and since it didn't follow those it garnered the possibility of being fake. But now we know it's the real deal, so I guess they ended up changing designs after all.

I like it. Better than what I expected with the rumors. But in the end I'm looking forward to the final results !

It's a fine logo, but why bother fixing what isn't broke? The leaping panther is a SOLID primary logo and looks fantastic on the front of a jersey. Just use this on a 3rd jersey or a shoulder.

I like the update so far. Hopefully, the uniforms will look good as well.

I updated my prediction concept using TRoyConcept's logo cleanup. I probably should've asked permission first...sorry TRoy...if it's a problem, I'll take it down, but I hope giving credit was enough

Florida%20prediction%20jersey%208_zpsu0p

original panthers logo was priceless....now this....