2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

I'm even more curious to see the new Panthers jerseys now because that logo may seem a little out of place on a Montreal style striping. Just thinking based off the logo, do you think maybe the chest stripe is slightly arched like the red area with the wordmark?  Would be something different for sure. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Which one fits in better:

x8jXQO6.png

or

s6taXIG.png

The first thing I notice there is that the Blackhawks logo was made up by a board member just a few years ago and that Red Wings never wore a crest or used a logo in print that looked anything like that. Why can't we have nice things? As for the Sharks, I think the era is wrong. SJ's original logo would fit in with the 67 expansion teams - not original six logos from the 1920's.

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

New Panthers logo is at best a shoulder patch that they will use as a primary. It's not terrible, but I don't like it for what it's replacing. 

I will miss their current logo and sunshine secondary. It's quite a shame they were attached to some terrible and irrelevant teams for so long. 

All my thoughts exactly.

The logo is fine, but not as good for a primary. If this was the shoulder patch for a larger identity package, it'd be pretty great, but as the top cat, not so much. I still really love their current logo and own an inaugural jersey. And McCarthy's also right, that sun/palm tree/hockey stick secondary was fantastic. One of the best in the league.

I'll wait on the jerseys to make a real hard judgment on it, but it's ok.

As a fellow member of the 1993 expansion class, I'll miss you crazy leaping panther.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Also did an amateur cleanup of the logo

New Florida Panthers logo resized.png

Is it just me or do the eye and mouth look like they don't line-up properly. Something about the angle just seems to be a bit off

2 hours ago, B-mer said:

I'm even more curious to see the new Panthers jerseys now because that logo may seem a little out of place on a Montreal style striping. Just thinking based off the logo, do you think maybe the chest stripe is slightly arched like the red area with the wordmark?  Would be something different for sure. 

I think that would've been mentioned. I'm thinking they'll look like this 

Florida%20prediction%20jersey%208_zpsu0p

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I must say; this new logo has exceeded my (low) expectations by a fair margin.  It's not word mark heavy, the military tie-in isn't excessive, and the stylized, two tone, panther has been more or less retained.  Still, it has to be said...  The former logo is better.

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Is it just me or do the eye and mouth look like they don't line-up properly. Something about the angle just seems to be a bit off

"amateur" I try my best and sometimes it's not always enough. My therapist helps keep my hopes high.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

4 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Not to mention that the team is in Sunshine, where most people in the US don't even know where that is. I had to look up where Sunshine is. But there are also so many things to do in Florida that hockey isn't a huge priority like it is in the northern US. 

I think you kinda proved your own point: They actually play in Sunrise, Florida.

5 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

I think you kinda proved your own point: They actually play in Sunrise, Florida.

Whoops..my phone auto corrected to Sunshine....stupid auto correct :PBut thanks for noticing!!! 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Updated my concept i posted recently as well.  I feel like for this logo the "classic" jersey design will need to have some modern elements to gel the branding together.  I'm cautiously optimistic. 

panthers2.png

edit: oops, forgot about the logo needing to say FLORIDA on the away.  you get the picture though.

10 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

All my thoughts exactly.

The logo is fine, but not as good for a primary. If this was the shoulder patch for a larger identity package, it'd be pretty great, but as the top cat, not so much. I still really love their current logo and own an inaugural jersey. And McCarthy's also right, that sun/palm tree/hockey stick secondary was fantastic. One of the best in the league.

I'll wait on the jerseys to make a real hard judgment on it, but it's ok.

As a fellow member of the 1993 expansion class, I'll miss you crazy leaping panther.

How would this look? I think the Panther stands on its own...Panthers_zpss20stbtk.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

see, by itself it reminds me of the old Bruins pooh bear.  granted it doesn't look docile, but as a logo i feel like it needs a shape with it, shield, roundel, what have you.  maybe the shaping around the neck could be adjusted to make it work but i don't know.

8 minutes ago, B-mer said:

see, by itself it reminds me of the old Bruins pooh bear.  granted it doesn't look docile, but as a logo i feel like it needs a shape with it, shield, roundel, what have you.  maybe the shaping around the neck could be adjusted to make it work but i don't know.

I know this won't be the striping, but it isn't as plain with the addition of chest stripes:

panthers%20chest_zpspxablhr5.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Not a huge fan of the shield, mostly because it (as others have pointed out) smacks of the Jaguars shield, plus it makes for a weak and unoriginal crest.  The leaping panther was unique and pretty large as crests go, if not awkwardly so.  The shield with the stripes seems sort of boring, but ... meh.  Just....just do whatever the hell you're going to do, Florida.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 hours ago, hockey week said:

I think that would've been mentioned. I'm thinking they'll look like this 

Florida%20prediction%20jersey%208_zpsu0p

Im just really not a fan of the panthers colors...this was their chance to re-brand to look like a team from South Florida.

9 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Honestly, it's the red outline of it that's throwing everything off in my opinion. Make that blue, and maybe make the outer outline gold/tan, and you're closer to the original logo

I agree that this looks better, but then there might not be enough red... the gold outer outline doesn't work well.panthers%20chest_zps6smxoo4m.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived