2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, thank you.

Jerseys are exactly what everyone expected and many to not meet a single expectation. They tried way too hard to be gimmicky and they succeeded. 

- Secondary patch on the sleeve instead of shoulder looks dumb. If it were a different logo I wouldn't mind, but that logo does not fit on the shoulder

- The chest stripe not going all the way around just ruins these jerseys. They already look plain, way too make it look worse.

- Collar is too gimmicky. Just looks like they did it because they could. Decent idea, but unnecessary.

- "Hey this script over the secondary logo already looks out of place, OH WAIT I KNOW, let's add ANOTHER out of place script for the captains!"

- Socks stripes are WAAAAAAAAY too huge

But tbh these aren't terrible, but they are downgrades imo. The logos are nice and I bet these would maybe look better on ice like the Coyotes.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Suzyn Waldman voices her disapproval. 

JAWN? JAWN? DIS FLARRIDA PANTHUH IS DA SAME AS DA CARALOINA PANTHUH. I DON'T UNDASTAND, JAWN. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, Morgo said:

Are you kidding me?  On what planet is that an upgrade over the previous version...

I don't think it's an upgrade, but it's still a nice modernization

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

At first glance it looks okay, but it's starting to grow one me the more I see it. I'm just a bit worried that gold's going to blend in to the white and red too much. I do like the logo and there's a pre-what-they're-both-wearing-now Colorado College/Princeton feel to the look with the crest and center stripe, which is a good thing. Well, at least it's a good thing on the front. The back's gonna mess me up a bit. Also going to take a while to get used to the numbers on the shoulders Either way, clear upgrade from their Edge looks but a few things I'd personally tinker with

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

As much as I liked the old set, these are an upgrade. The logo is great, the collar is really cool because it looks like the state flag, the captain's patch on the sleeves is also a nice touch, it is much better than I expected, and it is a really nice upgrade, even with a lack of a lot of blue.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

The color inversion vis-a-vis red and white sweaters means the white sweater should have red numbers, not blue. That's an inconsistency that was entirely avoidable.

All in all, though, I give them an upgrade grade over the previous set. I know everyone liked the Panthers embracing red again, but the EDGE set was never going to look like anything better than a really good practice jersey to me, and so I was going to be glad with much of anything that replaced that.

spacer.png

Archived