2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have anything backing up the Florida flag details? I only ask because the Florida flag, minus the seal, is the Alabama flag.

My apologies, I seem to have misread the tweet slightly. Rather than the seal not being there he said it'd be a stylized version. The tweet from that is below, the rest of them I combined into one picture.

IMG_2327.PNG_zpsasqwxawu.jpg

tweets_zps7fc8gw8w.png

It potential to be solid, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm right with you. I'm liking where they're going with the jerseys, but not so much with the primary logo. I hope they surprise me (in a good way) somehow come unveiling time.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

So, since George put out the Tweets below, I went ahead and I tweeted Hockey Week's mock-up over to him because I thought it was closest to the description. I also sent everything over to Chris. I'll let you know what George says, and/or you can just follow him @GeorgeRichards or me @rmackman to see the conversation as it develops. Nice mock-up hockey week! I think the font may end up being different (and I would change the numbers to white because one of the tweets said "White with a blue outline" as noted in my list below).

George Richards tweeted a bunch of information about the new Florida Panthers uniforms, and he basically said that whoever hand-drew this away jersey has come the closest to guessing the way the uniform will look:

12467989_10107933257944301_664285352_n_z

Other information provided by Mr. Richards (a Florida Panthers beat writer for the Miami Herald):

• For now, the hockey stick/palm tree crossing secondary logo is out
  • The new secondary logo has a Florida feel; will alternate the words Florida/Panthers depending on road/home
  • New jerseys will have a horizontal stripe; red/white/gold w/ blue pants. Airborne shield w/ panther head coming out teeth bared
  • New logo: Airborne shield w/ Panthers written on top for home/Florida for road, but not like Vancouver because the lettering will be part of the actual crest rather than separate from it.
  • The red color is now lighter/closer to the KC Chiefs red, and the gold is more "gold" tone than yellowish
  • Blue will only be featured on the numbers & background of shield. Jerseys themselves are red dominant, big white stripe, gold outline; road reversed
  • Logo is very aggressive looking, more natural 'Florida Panther' ... Red eyes, bared teeth makes it, well, look mean.
  • Numbers are white w/ blue outline, but could end up white w/ gold for home & blue on road whites
  • New fonts for everything
  • HOME: Big center stripe is white outlined in gold. No blue except behind shield.
  • Collars will have laces
  • Logo is not a 'flat' panther head; it seems to turn out of shield and remain 3D like current 'leaping cat' does
  • Didn't see a U.S. flag on the shoulder, but considering a state flag similar to what Calgary does
  • Panther faces to the left instead of the right (the drawing made it facing right)

I'm going to revise my earlier prediction based on the new information. Someone want to tweet this guy and see what he says? I don't really use twitter

florida%20prediction%20jersey%206_zpsi1k

You have anything backing up the Florida flag details? I only ask because the Florida flag, minus the seal, is the Alabama flag.

My apologies, I seem to have misread the tweet slightly. Rather than the seal not being there he said it'd be a stylized version. The tweet from that is below, the rest of them I combined into one picture.

tweets_zps7fc8gw8w.png

I'm right with you. I'm liking where they're going with the jerseys, but not so much with the primary logo. I hope they surprise me (in a good way) somehow come unveiling time.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Am i the only one praying for the cats to make an another cinderalla run to the cup finals 20 years later just so we can see them wear something decent for as long as we can before switching over to these monstrosities?

You know. It was the North Stars Cinderella run to the finals in 1981 that kept the green jersey from going black the following season.

I think Florida has a great logo, secondary logo, and jersey. They look great the way they are. Why change? For a logo with a wood-mark. a stupid flag. And Montreal Canadiens striping?

Bleh.

The Catch of the Day!

So, since George put out the Tweets below, I went ahead and I tweeted Hockey Week's mock-up over to him because I thought it was closest to the description. I also sent everything over to Chris. I'll let you know what George says, and/or you can just follow him @GeorgeRichards or me @rmackman to see the conversation as it develops. Nice mock-up hockey week! I think the font may end up being different (and I would change the numbers to white because one of the tweets said "White with a blue outline" as noted in my list below).

George Richards tweeted a bunch of information about the new Florida Panthers uniforms, and he basically said that whoever hand-drew this away jersey has come the closest to guessing the way the uniform will look:

Other information provided by Mr. Richards (a Florida Panthers beat writer for the Miami Herald):

• The new secondary logo has a Florida feel; will alternate the words Florida/Panthers depending on road/home
  • New jerseys will have a horizontal stripe; red/white/gold w/ blue pants. Airborne shield w/ panther head coming out teeth bared
  • New logo: Airborne shield w/ Panthers written on top for home/Florida for road, but not like Vancouver because the lettering will be part of the actual crest rather than separate from it.
  • The red color is now lighter/closer to the KC Chiefs red, and the gold is more "gold" tone than yellowish
  • Blue will only be featured on the numbers & background of shield. Jerseys themselves are red dominant, big white stripe, gold outline; road reversed
  • Logo is very aggressive looking, more natural 'Florida Panther' ... Red eyes, bared teeth makes it, well, look mean.
  • Numbers are white w/ blue outline, but could end up white w/ gold for home & blue on road whites
  • HOME: Big center stripe is white outlined in gold. No blue except behind shield.
  • Logo is not a 'flat' panther head; it seems to turn out of shield and remain 3D like current 'leaping cat' does
  • Didn't see a U.S. flag on the shoulder, but considering a state flag similar to what Calgary does
  • Panther faces to the left instead of the right (the drawing made it facing right)

I'm going to revise my earlier prediction based on the new information. Someone want to tweet this guy and see what he says? I don't really use twitter

tweets_zps7fc8gw8w.png

Thank you! I'm looking forward to hearing what he says, if anything. I got a bit confused on the numbers, and I had to throw the flag on at the last second because I forgot about that too.

The font is an absolute shot in the dark. I was originally thinking something sharp and unique, then I realized how old-school the jersey is and muted that quite a bit. no doubt it'll be something wildly different.

My question though, is the secondary logo separate from the "stylized" flag? Or are the two incorporated? Two different shoulder patches, an amalgamation, or are they still undecided on the flag?

I actually think the stylized flag could work. Red cross, gold ring...if they simplify what's in the state seal, it COULD work, because it's already the right colors

florida-153392_960_720.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

tweets_zps7fc8gw8w.png

Looks like he's staying a little bit tight lipped. All I got was... "Not bad"

Not bad https://t.co/httxKN9pG0

— George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/status/683324592077848578

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

tweets_zps7fc8gw8w.png

Thank you! I'm looking forward to hearing what he says, if anything. I got a bit confused on the numbers, and I had to throw the flag on at the last second because I forgot about that too.

The font is an absolute shot in the dark. I was originally thinking something sharp and unique, then I realized how old-school the jersey is and muted that quite a bit. no doubt it'll be something wildly different.

My question though, is the secondary logo separate from the "stylized" flag? Or are the two incorporated? Two different shoulder patches, an amalgamation, or are they still undecided on the flag?

I actually think the stylized flag could work. Red cross, gold ring...if they simplify what's in the state seal, it COULD work, because it's already the right colors

florida-153392_960_720.png

It looks like they're still undecided about a lot. What George has been looking at are preliminary stage mock-ups. Nothing is final. I think there will be two shoulder logos, with one being the flag. I just don't know what the other shoulder logo will be.

As for a font, I think you're right that it will be more traditional than what you selected because of the way the jersey is. However I expect a modern "tweak." Can you try it with white numbers, and say...the Winnipeg Jets font? It's kind of a modernized twist to a more classic font. Again, just a thought.

spacer.png

If that's all he said, then it has to be really freaking close. I bet he can't say "That's it! That's exactly what it looks like!" and expect to be shown such things again.

With this revision, I think this is as close as we're going to get without some description of the font type and what the secondary logo looks like

florida%20prediction%20jersey%207_zpsvbz

The only thing I'm wondering if I got wrong is if the stripe is much thicker, like Blackhawks Winter Classic thick. With some reebok jerseys still having no hemline stripes, it's so hard to say what's too plain in the NHL anymore

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If that's all he said, then it has to be really freaking close. I bet he can't say "That's it! That's exactly what it looks like!" and expect to be shown such things again.

With this revision, I think this is as close as we're going to get without some description of the font type and what the secondary logo looks like

The only thing I'm wondering if I got wrong is if the stripe is much thicker, like Blackhawks Winter Classic thick. With some reebok jerseys still having no hemline stripes, it's so hard to say what's too plain in the NHL anymore

Looks great! Yeah, I was wondering that, too. Especially considering Dale Tallon, the GM came from Chicago. I'm sure he has some input on this.

EDIT: I sent this over to George again, and he tweeted back "Pretty Close," so now I know we're on the right track!

spacer.png

Looks great! Yeah, I was wondering that, too. Especially considering Dale Tallon, the GM came from Chicago. I'm sure he has some input on this.

EDIT: I sent this over to George again, and he tweeted back "Pretty Close," so now I know we're on the right track!

These jerseys could have been worse... So if they're pretty close, I can deal with these.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

So they're basically just using this:

4626_jacksonville_jaguars-alternate-2013

Haven't had time to perfect the text, but here's a mock-up with the Jaguars logo recolored.

FlaPanthers%20JaxJaguars%20New_zpsid49pd

Wow. I think I like the recolor more than the original.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Looks like he's staying a little bit tight lipped. All I got was... "Not bad"

Not bad https://t.co/httxKN9pG0

— George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/status/683324592077848578

That's probably because every basic element is pretty much nailed. By now, we know everything except the few minor details that remain to be heard.

FlaPanthers%20JaxJaguars%20New_zpsid49pd

This needs to be tweeted to the same guy.

Mixing military logos emblems with sports logos is disgusting , guess teams are trying to cash in on the goodwill/asskissing of miltary personel that goes on at sporting events.

Like the camo jerseys in MLB, they suck.

Couldn't agree more. Why can't sports just be sports? Why do franchises have to suddenly become propaganda arms of the military industrial complex? This mindset severely botched Anaheim's rebrand (could have had hunter green) as well the re-introduction of the Winnipeg Jets.

Am i the only one praying for the cats to make an another cinderalla run to the cup finals 20 years later just so we can see them wear something decent for as long as we can before switching over to these monstrosities?

You know. It was the North Stars Cinderella run to the finals in 1981 that kept the green jersey from going black the following season.

I think Florida has a great logo, secondary logo, and jersey. They look great the way they are. Why change? For a logo with a wood-mark. a stupid flag. And Montreal Canadiens striping?

Bleh.

I wouldn't say they have a great jersey but I agree with you about everything else. I don't see what's so difficult about simply correcting the mistakes the team made during the edge change-over of 2007 and adopting their best looking set. The 2011 change went halfway by bringing back red... The 1994-2007 set was classy, original and eye catching.

Mixing military logos emblems with sports logos is disgusting , guess teams are trying to cash in on the goodwill/asskissing of miltary personel that goes on at sporting events.

Couldn't agree more. Why can't sports just be sports? Why do franchises have to suddenly become propaganda arms of the military industrial complex? This mindset severely botched Anaheim's rebrand (could have had hunter green) as well the re-introduction of the Winnipeg Jets.

Exactly, it´s not like i don't love the US armed services, it´s just that each time i see camo jerseys and logos and other military stuff i think about the dumb former leaders of the US that sent young men to die for no reason.

It has nothing to do with the "idolization of the military", the owner served for the 101st Airborne and I'm pretty sure the organization does a lot of work with them as well.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I guess we'll be stuck with the stupid military shield because of their owner's past (who really gives a damn?) but otherwise this mock-up looks great!

Archived