2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

17 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

This jersey always had too much going on for my liking.  Needed to be more simplified and clean.  

Just get rid of the stripes and logo and I think we have a clean jersey.

CaptureCLEAN.PNG

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that mockup is incorrect.  Talk about taking a huge step backwards after a monumental leap forwards.  This isn't rocket science Toronto...  Just put the new logo on your current set and ditch the shoulder patches.  The 80's set isn't something that needs to be represented in any form.  It's bland, poorly designed and represents the darkest era the franchise.

On 6/19/2016 at 11:20 AM, the admiral said:

"Dick Tarnstrom" has to be like the most randomly-generated-sounding name ever. Of course he'd be the one to lead Pittsburgh in scoring when they were at death's door.

Random note of no consequence: I cleaned the house Dick Tarnstrom was renting after he was dropped by the Blue Jackets. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hem stripes should always match sleeve stripes, people. It's not difficult. I still love the logo but those mockups are weak.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I don't mind those jerseys as mocked in general, but still a potential step backward. They'll really look off if they keep their same sock stripe bonanza. If, however, the sock stripes match the arms, overall it will look ok. Still doesn't help the Toronto/Tampa issue though. 

with Toronto celebrating their centennial with a bunch of throwback jerseys, maybe these will allow them to have a really nice throwback jersey that would have otherwise looked really similar to their uniforms from last year. 

so what if it turns out like this?  If the solid waist stripe is indeed at the hem like Lucas's mockup, it's a little better than having it like Tampa's.

Perhaps it'll be for the unpopular opinions thread, but i wouldn't mind this at all.  Slightly modern, not crazy.  Perfect?  No.  I can live with it though.

leafmaybe.png

Very disappointing. The logical choice was to use the exact template as the one used for the 35-point leaf, both home and away. No blue shoulder yokes on the whites?? I bet there won't even be white striping on the pants either.

Not counting the new crest, this new look will be disgustingly boring. 

23 hours ago, insert name said:

Just get rid of the stripes and logo and I think we have a clean jersey.

CaptureCLEAN.PNG

Harold Ballard came back to life and retook his position in charge of the team!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Are you :censored:ing kidding me? Toronto is going to take their jersey and make it look more like Tampa's? This is idiotic and I'd expect nothing less from the Maple Leafs. 

Does the NHL have a properties department where they make sure 2 teams in their league aren't wearing nearly identical uniforms?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived