2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

I figured someone would at least have mentioned in this thread about the Stars trademarking the Dallas Texans AHA/USHL logo for merchandising.

I'm almost scared to mention it though, because I don't want to be bombarded with mouth breathers saying the Stars should adopt that name and logo full time and give the Stars identity back to Minnesota......

Wonder what we have in store for those logos? I said on my Facebook that Dallas Texans throwbacks would be the only scenario i can imagine where id be on board with the Stars wearing red, white, and blue... but truth be told, I've never seen any confirmation anywhere that the Texans wore those colors. Anyone know where to find out for sure?

I've seen programs in blue and red, and programs actually in green and black, as unlikely as that combo is for their actual uniforms.

New Stars ownership is so much more tight lipped than the old guard. It's so weird being kept in the dark on these plans, but I'm excited. Even if it's just for fan merchandising.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hem stripes; they can either make or break a uniform.  I can't believe the Leafs would release something this mismatched and mediocre after knocking it clean out the park with their new logo.  Hyperbole my :censored:, this is one of the most disappointing unveiling's in recent memory.

4/10

maybe they will give an explanation tomorrow on why the hem stripe doesn't match the arm stripes. it doesn't really make very much sense looking at it initially, maybe they have a reason for it. I don't know. it's strange.

they aren't that bad, and i'd think they were pretty good even, that is, if the Lightning uniforms didn't exist. Hem stripes of the two teams are now virtually identical. The renderings above will also look way better with numbers on the arms and the accompanying socks, though.

There is just enough difference between the thickness of the sleeve stripes and the hem stripes to make it look like a mistake. Therefore, that's a mistake.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah. It really looks bad. Hem stripes don't HAVE to match arm stripes. The original senators looked great. The Jets look nice. This just looks awful though. They'd have looked great going full-blast with either stripe style. Half and half just looks awful though. They literally could have just kept their same exact uniforms, dropped the shoulder logos, and swapped the front crests, and been perfect.

So...Detroit's hemline? Which Tampa was essentially using already? Lame.

All of the mockups that looked like the Bruins' Winter Classic uniform template looked a whole lot better, with the thicker stripes. This isn't awful, but it IS disappointing.

Why do the Leafs hate hemline stripes so badly? Did they listen to San Jose so they can go faster?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Disappointing for sure. If the stripes were at least the same length like Steven Grant's concept they'd be a lot more tolerable. Interested to see the full ensemble. Praying to god they don't have the same sock stripes they usually do. That'd be a real mess

at least they have a hanger effect! <_<

Disappointed BUT (hear me out).... Maybe it'll look better once it's on a player with the blues pants? Maybe it'll act as the phantom blue stripe that it's lacking? Eh I'm reaching...

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

11 minutes ago, worcat said:

Disappointed BUT (hear me out).... Maybe it'll look better once it's on a player with the blues pants? Maybe it'll act as the phantom blue stripe that it's lacking? Eh I'm reaching...

Well, it might make the stripe look like a hem outline at the complete bottom...

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived