Super Liga Premier (FINISHED)

McCraeWilliamsProductions

Super%20Liga%20Logo-XL.pngSuper%20Liga%20Logo%20and%20Divisions-XL

The Super Liga is a fictional European premier soccer league. The project all started when I was driving down to Pennsylvania with my dad and looking at all the exit signs and town signs and thinking "All these town names sound like they should be a European soccer club..." Next thing you know I'm creating a fictional 3 tier European soccer league. I've finished all the Kits and crests for the 1st Tier and may start working on the 2nd Tier after winter break, but right now I'm just showing off the 1st set.

The Super Liga Logo is the top logo above and the S with LIGA written in it is the sleeve patch for the jerseys. This was the chosen patch for the jersey is because the sun rays around the S symbolize how all the teams in the Super Liga come from "under the sun." Super Liga is a league formed by the best clubs "under the sun"

The Super Liga was founded in 1899 and just wrapped up its 115th season. The First Tier or Super Liga consists of 20 clubs, clubs range from all nations across Europe and the league is comprised of the top clubs from Europe. You can recognize where the club originates by the Nation Tab on the top of the back of every Jersey. The 4 Divisions you consist of 5 clubs each, above are logos for those 4 Divisions. The bottom two teams from each season are relegated to the Second Tier or Supa 2. The two top clubs from Supa 2 are promoted to the Super Liga. I created standings and records / playoff bracket from the 2015-2016 season. The top 8 clubs from the regular season play in a play down bracket, but the 8th and 9th placed team have a wildcard game to decide who plays the 1st place team and goes onto the 8 club tournament. The 15-16 season Championship game was between Hamden AFC from Germany and AS Florence from Italy, of whom Hamden AFC pulled off the 2-1 victory.

Here are the 20 clubs and their records / stats from the 15-16 season:

Current%20Season%20Layout-X2.png

I will try to post a kit a day but with the holidays it might be tough...

Anyways here is the first Club...

Raceway F.C.

Nürburg, Germany

2015 record: 12 - 9 - 17

Last relegation: 1969-1970

Last Promotion: 1974-1975

Founded in 1899, the same year the Super Liga was assembled, Raceway F.C. is one of the original clubs still in current season play. The German club is nicknamed the "Racers" and they've captured 5 championships since their establishment. This year Raceway F.C. finished under the playoff line but have a lot of potential for the coming years.

Their crest symbolizes the Racing industry of Raceway Germany and their kits keep that very topic integrated into their uniforms. The Primary Kit has been kept black throughout its entire existence, this years their Clash Kit features a all yellow kit with black racing print going down the center.

Raceway%20FC%20Display-XL.png

See ya tomorrow! Enjoy!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The league logo really reminds me of Galatasaray which isn't really a bad thing, it just does. It would also be helpful to specify what city raceway is from. I really like that home kit though.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Looks very sharp. I would suggest adding an alt kit without yellow in case Raceway faces a predominantly yellow team away from home.

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Looking at the team names & all I see are the names of cities in Connecticut..

Yeah if you read the intro it explains that haha. I drove through Conn, NY, NJ and Pennsylvania

Looks very sharp. I would suggest adding an alt kit without yellow in case Raceway faces a predominantly yellow team away from home.

And there are other yellow kits in the league but in those cases both teams will probably just end up both wearing their clash kit

feels weird pulling cities from here and pretending they are in Germany, England or whatever. If I were you, I would do some googling and find some actual european cities, but it's your project and I assume you want us to critique the concept and not the idea. What I tend to do for this stuff is use the my maps tool on google maps and just place points where I want my teams to be and it works pretty well. I still like the design though for your first team and please continue if you wish to stay on this track.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

feels weird pulling cities from here and pretending they are in Germany, England or whatever. If I were you, I would do some googling and find some actual european cities, but it's your project and I assume you want us to critique the concept and not the idea. What I tend to do for this stuff is use the my maps tool on google maps and just place points where I want my teams to be and it works pretty well. I still like the design though for your first team and please continue if you wish to stay on this track.

I put under the Raceway F.C. the city which the club plays. My whole reason by putting nationalities to clubs was bc after I had created the crests I wanted to incorporate the nationality into the Kit designs, so they arent just all the same boring looking Kits but have personality. I thought some crests fit nationalities better than others

But you are right, I was more just looking for critique to the concept... the other stuff is just gravy

SV 03

Porto, Portugal

2015 record: 6 - 6 - 26

Last relegation: 1983-1984

Last Promotion: 2004-2005

Founded in 1903, SV 03 has captured 4 championships in the clubs existence. The "Marauders" were three spots from relegation this season and look to stay in the Super Liga for next season. Just recently being promoted from Supa 2 to the Super Liga was a big change for the club and haven't had a playoff birth in the time since promotion.

Their "roundel" crest has the clubs name and year of establishment around a wave going through the middle of the circle to symbolize the connection to the ocean SV 03 has in Porto, Portugal. Their Primary Kit shows off the new puma template with navy and sky blue, their kits have always consisted of a wave going through the jersey to connect back to their crest. This seasons Clash Kit features a all yellow kit to give their club that real maritime feel (Sorry folks, just happens the first two clubs I post are the only ones with yellow Clash Kits!) (SV stands for SEA VIEW)

SV%2003%20Display-XL.png

I'm loving this series! One question though: Do clubs get to choose where the division patch is placed, or is it in a mandatory place?

All divisions wear their Divisional Patch on the left arm EXCEPT for the Ocean Division which wear their Division Patch on the chest. Just wanted to mix it up a little (Oh and if a jersey has a color or something down the middle then the Ocean Patch will just be worn on the left arm

Heres some Scarves for the two clubs! Just some extra stuff

Soccer%20Scarves%20Raceway%20%26%20SV-XL

This is turning out to be really cool so far. Nice work, can't wait to see more!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Love the idea of doing scarves, and would love to see more of them in this series. Good work on the rest so far, too.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Love the idea of doing scarves, and would love to see more of them in this series. Good work on the rest so far, too.

The font is the old Borussia Dortmund number font

F.C. Wallingford

Munich, Germany

2015 record: 22 - 6 - 10

Last relegation: 1985-1986

Last Promotion: 2002-2003

Founded in 1911, F.C. Wallingford has 7 championships under their belt. Also known as the "Fords," the club has had major success of late. However, from 1982-1998 the club featured a terrible ownership change and the team fell apart, and was relegated to Supa 2 for nearly 20 years. This season they had tremendous success finishing in 8th place with 72 points and winning the wildcard game and advancing to the playoffs; in the playoffs they first played the #1 seed, Athletic Blatchley, and won the game in a huge upset but was knocked out in the next round, or the semi-finals.

For years they were sponsored by Volkswagen and they attired this Volkswagen looking roundel crest but since they grew in popularity in Munich and in Germany and their championship in 2007 sponsorships have been bidding for their contract. This season they signed their front advertisement contract with T-Mobile. They adore their signature "Battle Green" Primary Kit and a white Clash Kit.

FC%20Wallingford%20Display%20Kit-XL.png

I love your updated 15/16 season stats! I don't think I understand what Supa 2 is. Could you explain that?

Yes, Supa 2 is the second tier to the Super Liga. Its basically like any second division league that teams have to move up to get to the top Liga (Super Liga). Supa 2 is where the relegated teams are sent, and the top 2 teams from Supa 2 are sent up to replace them

Archived