Company concepts and redesigns (UPDATE)

ZionEagle

So I decided to revamp a few local company logos.

NUMBER 1:

Original.

P9KM4Bn.jpg

As you can see, this definitely needed a revamp. It looks as if it was done in MS Paint, and doesn't look professional

Mine:

Yolcakw.png

I'm not completely sold on the text, but I think it works.

NUMBER 2:

Original:

LnXE985.png

Now I know this isn't local, but I was just experimenting.

Mine:

rvVoXJH.png

Again, I'm not sold on the text, but I was attempting to simplify.

NUMBER 3:

Original:

y3JPGMV.jpg

It's not a bad logo, I just wanted to take a crack at it.

Mine:

o48ubw2.png

See the c?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

The cost cutters attempt looks like a robot parakeet is biting something, or maybe a top-down view of a mechanical huge beetle. The drop shadow and bad font of the mastercard concept looks cheap. The linework on lady liberty looks sloppy.

I know that it reads like I'm being an ass, but just trying for tough love. I've had bad designs for years and years and made the same mistakes. It takes time and a lot of practice and I'm not even that good of a designer in the first place. That being said if this is something you're passionate about, you need a lot more practice and a lot more patience.

If you're going for simplicity, study simplicity, and there's simply no excuse to gamble with fonts anymore. There are worlds of fonts available for free (dafont, fontsquirrel, etc) - try them all, download them all, go wild.

https://www.thoughtspacedesigns.com/blog/post/40-beautiful-simple-logos-for-inspiration/<-- check it out. Get inspired, and take your time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 7 months later...
On 12/21/2015 at 10:34 AM, CS85 said:

The cost cutters attempt looks like a robot parakeet is biting something, or maybe a top-down view of a mechanical huge beetle. The drop shadow and bad font of the mastercard concept looks cheap. The linework on lady liberty looks sloppy.

I know that it reads like I'm being an ass, but just trying for tough love. I've had bad designs for years and years and made the same mistakes. It takes time and a lot of practice and I'm not even that good of a designer in the first place. That being said if this is something you're passionate about, you need a lot more practice and a lot more patience.

If you're going for simplicity, study simplicity, and there's simply no excuse to gamble with fonts anymore. There are worlds of fonts available for free (dafont, fontsquirrel, etc) - try them all, download them all, go wild.

https://www.thoughtspacedesigns.com/blog/post/40-beautiful-simple-logos-for-inspiration/<-- check it out. Get inspired, and take your time.

I know I'm digging up an old topic here, but I'd like to thank you for your "tough love" critique and apologize for not taking it to heart at the time. Now I realize these designs weren't really all that great :P But I figured I'd revive this thread because I've done some more work recently.

First off, I redid an old concept that I had loved. It's imaginary, but still one of my favorite company ideas.

2RY614m.png

mqiOzxO.png

I tried to simplify the rocket while going for a more jagged look. I'm not sure if it's a good design yet, but I'll let you all decide on that.

Next up I redesigned my church's logo.

The new is on the left.

tGG1yre.png

Again, I went for simplification and attempted to shy away from the clipart feel of the old logo. I felt that the logo needed an update based on the fact that we have a modern website with an outdated logo.

Moving on,  I had envisioned making a tree out of a vertebrae, and thought it would be a perfect chiropractic logo.

I looked up a chiropractic center hoping to find one with a palm tree for its logo that I could redesign. This is the one I ended up rebranding.

fVeDtlG.png

My logo:

yDxjM7E.png

I wouldn't necessarily consider the next one a company logo, but I made a youtube logo for a younger friend of mine. He opted for a grey, black, and white version, but I like the blue option I had made better.

wef.png

Lastly, I had recently endeavored to come up with a Planet Fitness redesign, as I'm not a huge fan of their current logo.

3gqaJ7M.png

I wanted to simplify and streamline their look, while keeping elements of their old logo. I decided to make a planet icon because of the name, and I attempted to incorporate their iconic gear. I got rid of the thumb's up and yellow, because it didn't really fit with the new branding.

I also kind of tried to do a P and F logo on the side for like a staff t-shirt.

6rhYI0t.png

I think it all looks pretty rad on a t-shirt.

IzvxDgy.jpg

KWxZ0jB.jpg

p1hdFD7.jpg

Sorry for the long post :P

I'd love to hear your thoughts and criticism, although I probably won't be able to revise much as I'm going to be in Africa for a month. Feel free to provide feedback though!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

You've gotten a LOT better, man.  Very cool progress.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really like the Palm one, clever and well executed. The Zion one is a huge step up.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I love every one of these designs, especially the Planet Fitness and Rockit logos. Excellent work. I agree with CS85, you HAVE gotten a lot better. This is one of the biggest turnarounds I've seen around here.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

@BeerGuyJordan Thank you. That was what I had intended for the palm logo :) Yeah, our church logo desperately needed an update.

@mr.nascar13 I can't thank you enough for your encouraging feedback.  My goal is to keep improving as much as I can. It hasn't been easy, but thanks to the critique I've received on this board I think I've gotten a lot better ;) 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

@sleuthpantherThank you for the feedback! Lol, I highly doubt it will harvest your brain :P I might however....no promises.

Alright, now for the next logo.

This is for a local pizzeria, known as Coaches Pizza (I frequented the establishment when I was on a soccer team in the area, all of the sports teams eat there :P )

Here is the old logo,

EcvWbUM.png

And my take,

q88U7PW.png

My idea was to incorporate the coaches whistle with the pizza some how. I picked the two colors green and yellow based off of the text in their old logo. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, I'll wait and see what you think about it.

Again, I think it looks great on a staff-like shirt.

sTt03yE.png

Let me know what you think!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

7 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

@sleuthpantherThank you for the feedback! Lol, I highly doubt it will harvest your brain :P I might however....no promises.

Alright, now for the next logo.

This is for a local pizzeria, known as Coaches Pizza (I frequented the establishment when I was on a soccer team in the area, all of the sports teams eat there :P )

Here is the old logo,

EcvWbUM.png

And my take,

q88U7PW.png

My idea was to incorporate the coaches whistle with the pizza some how. I picked the two colors green and yellow based off of the text in their old logo. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, I'll wait and see what you think about it.

Again, I think it looks great on a staff-like shirt.

sTt03yE.png

Let me know what you think!

It's well done, but looks like a cannon firing into the ground.

t napoleon.png?w=650

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2016 at 5:18 PM, pianoknight said:

It's well done, but looks like a cannon firing into the ground.

t napoleon.png?w=650

Lol yeah, not really sure how to fix that :D

I did come up with a few little things for that logo.

zewGhmA.png

Xm6606s.png

Geez it's really hard to warp images in PowerPoint.

I have recently had the opportunity to rebrand a logo for Zion Ministerial Institute (an affiliate of Zion Chapel.)

This is the logo I proposed.

vmquAAE.png

For comparison, here is their current "logo"

mainBanner.png

Thoughts?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

My Mom, brother, and I were going to a local adoption center to check out some dogs, and the first thing I noticed when I walked into the shelter was the awful logo of theirs.

vZmhycF.png

It honestly hurts to look at. I mean, I'm assuming that thing at the bottom is a cat, albeit a poorly rendered one if that's what it is. And gradients on logos like these just desperately need to be retired.

6g0h0Kh.png

For my logo, I color picked a darker green from the edge of the hill gradient, and color picked the dark blue that was around the animal silhouettes. I also made the animal silhouettes look more like animals :P I choose the dog and cat based on the fact that the shelter primarily focuses on those two animals.

0wvGRja.png

I thought the first version looked a little empty, so I made one with the paw prints of the animals to add something to it. However, this logo isn't as scale-able as the last one, and the paws get lost in small sizes. Therefore I'm leaning towards the first logo, but I don't know if I want to trash this one just yet.

I did some t-shirt mockups because I know the shelter sells a few t-shirts.

DMnoJ2e.png

I had envisioned the t-shirt with just the text being more of a staff t-shirt.

And last but not least, they had a few ad pictures around the office so I decided to make some up as well.

pMDFNKM.png

xkkBDuE.png

euFteTv.jpg

....Apologies for the sappy messages :D 

Any feedback/critique of this or the previous post is greatly appreciated!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived