Leicester City Crest Concept

mcrosby

I've been attempting to update Leicester since this time last year, and I kept ending up with rose shaped fox-ish things, fox shaped rose-ish things, and general unhappiness. I think this direction is the best I've got thus far, but I want to share with you all to get that sweet, sweet C&C and turn this up to 11. I'm not nearly 100% happy with this, but with your help I think it could get there.

Have at 'er.

JumhBPW.png

It's a very nice update of their crest (which is already quite nice), and I do love your font choice (Cuprum I believe?).

I have two critiques. 1. The lines extending from the fox's eyes make him look rather sad, and 2. the ball-as-nose seems forced, and kind of ends up looking like a penis.

The soccer ball nose freaks me out. I think you should lose the ball. I don't think the lines of the bridge of the nose have to meet the eyes, and maybe the bridge of the nose could be wider at the connection to the face than at the tip of the nose. Try it with out the V neck??

So much better. It is a fantastic update, although I kind of liked the personality the pupils lended to the fox. In my opinion, it doesn't necessarily need to look menacing.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

It's a very nice update of their crest (which is already quite nice), and I do love your font choice (Cuprum I believe?).

I have two critiques. 1. The lines extending from the fox's eyes make him look rather sad, and 2. the ball-as-nose seems forced, and kind of ends up looking like a penis.

This... :D

sigen.jpg

Why is there an ermine spot on the fox's muzzle? The cinquefoil (flower) with ermine spots in the present badge comes from the City of Leicester's own arms.

150px-Leicester_CoA.png

I suppose that would be why there's an ermine spot on the muzzle then.

I hope I've fixed this. I really, really do.

Why is there an ermine spot on the fox's muzzle? The cinquefoil (flower) with ermine spots in the present badge comes from the City of Leicester's own arms.

150px-Leicester_CoA.png

I would say you have fixed it. Overall it is a good modernisation of a classic badge. I can't unsee the napkin the fox is wearing...maybe he's going out for dinner.

Other than that I have no quabbles, and the ermine spot on the muzzle is a nice touch

sigen.jpg

This is good work, but the color reversal doesn't look right to me. I feel like the major parts of the flower should remain white, given its significance.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

150px-Leicester_CoA.png

Haha!! Anyway, really nice work on this. You kept the classic design of their current crest, and updated it just enough to make it appear more modern but also changed it just enough to give it its own elements. Good work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

It's a toss up, really. The issue now is that, in both versions, the fox and/or flower are encroaching upon the text.

I'd either slightly shrink the fox/flower element in both -- OR -- for the blue version, shave off the points of the flower as was in your original version or in this new white version.

Making sense?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived