WFA Club Championship (FINAL!)

gswansea

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of annoying how 6 of your teams move on and only 2 of mine moved on... Could have spread it out a little

I can see your misconception, but let me clear it up. Zero teams have moved on yet. Each team will play the other three twice. The top two teams during the group stage will be highlighted to show the top two teams. Right now, the different highlights means nothing. None of the teams have played yet.

I dont think that having the teams moving on already selected is a great idea.. :/

None of them have yet. Just ignore the different highlights until the competition starts.

One more question from me, is this tournament gonna be simulated on some software or something? Like Football Manager or FIFA 16 and whatnot, or...?

It will be simulated using a score generator I found. The generator is set to create scores using the digits 0-6. This removes unrealistic scores like 12 to 36.

Does this score generator take into account home field advantage or are all games being played at a neutral site? And also since your tables just have Wins and Losses will there be no ties in the group stages?

I would highly doubt that the generator takes that into account, but since each team plays their opponent twice, it should even out. As far as the wins and losses go, The pts section is the part that determines who moves on. Ties are recorded as 1 point, and wins are 3.

Does this score generator take into account home field advantage or are all games being played at a neutral site? And also since your tables just have Wins and Losses will there be no ties in the group stages?

I would highly doubt that the generator takes that into account, but since each team plays their opponent twice, it should even out. As far as the wins and losses go, The pts section is the part that determines who moves on. Ties are recorded as 1 point, and wins are 3.
So what website are you using? I'd like to use it too.

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

So what website are you using? I'd like to use it too.

I use this (not sure if the link will work): https://www.random.org/integers/. Basically I set the settings for it to generate two rows of integers. I then use these as the scores.

First off, it's awesome to see some of my teams get off to a good start. My only question is what goes into determining what is the match of the week because it doesn't seem like a 4-1 game would be a very good match.

Well, first of all, a 4-1 soccer match is a pretty high scoring match. However, the match of the week is purely random.

All of my teams are sponsored by made up businesses. Will this be Ok or should I change them?

You don't need to change them.

Archived