Point1's Adidas NHL - 2018-19 3rd Jersey Predictions

Point1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

One thing might be to change the logo so it matches the striping on each jersey, though. Love the design! 

I did try that out, but the Vegas and white get lost in the mark unfortunately. That's why I stuck with the vegas star.

On 6/23/2016 at 8:49 AM, Point1 said:

Thanks for the input guys!

Carolina Hurricanes (19/31)

The Canes have one of those logos that, while flawed, I've never seen anyone actually improve on. At this point I think it deserves to stick around. I used a concept that's been tried a few times before, bringing the flags back and putting them on the arms as well. With their colour scheme it's important that they have something unique about their identity.

m6PwMGp.png

These are just fantastic, and I think the only way I could like them better is by either using their current name and number font, or bring back the old one.  But the jersey and striping and all that is just phenomenal.

5 hours ago, juicenew said:

These are just fantastic, and I think the only way I could like them better is by either using their current name and number font, or bring back the old one.  But the jersey and striping and all that is just phenomenal.

I actually gave both fonts a shot. The italic fonts looked kind of weird and the current font is really bubbly. There was a font used on some of the predictions when the jerseys were revealed that I really liked but I couldn't find it.

On June 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Point1 said:

I'm going to assume that the Canes jerseys are absolutely perfect and without flaw...

Las Vegas Aces (20/31)

Got excited about the new team so I thought I'd add them. Shout out to Sparky Chewbarky whose Aces concept has a lot in common with where my mind went. Slate grey as the main colour is an interesting choice, and Vegas gold is too perfect. 

WnVccd7.png

C&C very appreciated.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

This is really the way I hope they go. Slate grey with the gold and black is an excellent choice, and the logo would be up with my favorites in the league. Excellent work!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Thanks for the kind words guys :) I head home in a few days so I'll try to get as many as possible finished before a new hiatus begins.

Nashville Predators (21/31)

I love the Predators' gold jerseys. I bought one of them despite not caring about the team at all. I don't love the piping, and the weird shoulders and asymmetrical patches throw them off as well. This set adds more gold, and cleans up the jersey design significantly. I also changed the font to an italicized one; I'm not sure why but I think it really fits.

jcsEIEb.png

Dallas Stars (22/31)

Like the Preds, the Stars hit on something great when they rebranded. I essentially kept the jerseys as is, while editing the logo to straighten it out and make the D more distinct. I also used the Texas mark on the shoulders instead of the roundel. I played with silver trim on the jerseys, but the green and black looks a lot more bold.

gcxknQv.png

Las Vegas- The shade of gold gets lost in the striping for me. It's very dull and blends in too much.

Carolina- Everyone seems to do a similar look for the Canes. This set is fine.

Nashville- Not bad, but I like the current look more. It just feels.... too classy for a 90's team.

Dallas- Not a bad logo change, but these look fine.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Aces are great, but like @KittSmith_95 said the shade of gold you use gets lost.

Preds look excellent and I think going almost entirely gold is the exact right direction. (Also I think italicized numbers do work very well, mostly given that they match the orientation of the logo itself.

The general idea of the Stars is great, but something with that logo seems off.

6 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

good god that stars logo is hideous. 

It's not that bad but I do agree it needs some work, maybe switch around colors with it.

Excellent!

It's hard for me to get behind any Vegas concept not done by @sparky chewbarky but your use of slate grey is stellar.

I'm not feeling the new Dallas logo, it looks like it could use a little cleaning up.

Nashville is a mixed bag for me, I love the gold identity they've moved to, but I really feel like home sets need navy to help make it darker and give it a home jersey feel. A sweater like yours looks like it could be fielded as an away. 

I like that you put a patch on both shoulders, that's been one of my biggest gripes anout the current set. 

I'm not opposed to the italicized numbering, but I think you should consider bringing the guitar strings back, especially since you abandoned the piano keys inside the collar. A lot of the fans, myself included, like having them on the team from Music City.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 2 months later...

It's been a while, but with a new laptop I can return to this series. Before I get back to the NHL, I thought I'd pick up the World Cup slack.

Team Canada (1/8)

No real changes from the previous attempt, just added it to my new presentation format. Adapted the best jersey Canada's had in my opinion, and one synonymous with the Canada/World Cup tournament. Replaced the maple leaf on the arms with striped arm bands that for a Canadian flag.

1ytWJI9.png

Team Russia (2/8)

I was a big fan of Russia's dark jerseys in 2014, so I added a better shoulder yoke to it to prevent colour bleed a bit more. Adapting that design to a white jersey is tough, so I had to make the flag pattern a bit more subtle.

cXMGMeS.png

Team Sweden (3/8)

It's hard to mess up Sweden, and this design tries to keep things as simple as possible. Single-colour numbers, arm and hem stripes, and no unnecessary bells and whistles. 

2J72z9u.png

Thanks everyone for sticking with this series, I have some time off so hopefully I'll get the rest of the World Cup teams done as soon as possible. C&C is great as always.

All three look great.

Not sure if Canada can pull off that look again, but it's very clean, so it might just work.

I like the subtle use of gold on the stripes for Russia, however, I would use 2 stripes, top and bottom of the arm stripes, so that the jerseys match.

Can't go wrong with Sweden's set! 

Archived