Yet Another NFL Series (32/32) - COMPLETED 3/5

LAWeaver

On 3/1/2016 at 10:38 PM, Red-Knight said:

Chargers - definitely a cleaner look and I see what you are doing with the sleeve bolt getting it to look like a normal sleeve stripe. Overall solid. 1) Im fine with the sky blue, and you utilized it well, but Id be curious to see how navy pants complimented the jerseys.  Not sure if itll work but worth an exploration.  lastly, I feel there is a little bit of a disconnect with the white on white away set. Unity wise the numbers seem a bit too disconnected style wise from the pants.  2) I think it may be due to the navy stroke over powering the sky blue on the pants making it flow less with the sky blue jersey numbers... so maybe thin out the middle stroke on the pants to match the strokes on the numbers? idk and sorry for being long winded 

1) Navy is actually something I'm trying to reduce with this set. I am considering an all-navy set as an alternate, but for the primary set, using it as a trim is the goal, and using navy pants in the main rotation would feel out of place. 

2) I think I can try increasing the width of the light blue to decrease the amount of Navy. 

On 3/1/2016 at 10:47 PM, Phil B. said:

I would like to see the Raiders in black or white pants if for nothing more than something different.

Oakland is like Green Bay or Indy: Only one set of pants is needed. I've seen too many concepts try to use black pants or helmets for the Raiders and it just doesn't work. I may try white pants though. 

On 3/1/2016 at 11:31 AM, generalshepherd141 said:

No complaints except for SD. I really don't like the striping, it doesn't remind me of lightning at all and doesn't seem to fit with the overall simplicity of the uniforms. Other than that great job!

What about a jagged lightning bolt says "simplicity"? I could try and extend the striping onto the chest like JoisiahWVU suggested and make it end in a point. I may adjust the pants striping as well. 

On 3/1/2016 at 11:49 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

The only things bugging me is the font used for the Chargers. I don't like how round it is. 

That is literally the same font they currently use. 

Let's put a fork in this thing (for the most part) and call up the NFC SOUTH!

Atlanta Falcons:

LkWDKiJ.jpg

CKP96QI.jpg

qqICQ0P.jpg

These sets were somewhat inspired by two of Brave-Bird 08's concepts, which can be found here and also here, so some credit goes to him. The gold and the jersey striping are the major things I give Brave-Bird 08 credit for. The gold, red, and black was actually used early on in the franchise's history to represent both Georgia and Georgia Tech, only gold was used as a trim color and abandoned a few years after their inaugural season. The main difference between my sets and Brave-Bird's is that I use absolutely no white. I originally had a red helmet but I experimented with the black and knew that was the one I wanted. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carolina Panthers:

R6SFclr.jpg

cghmeXj.jpg

Another set inspired by another, this time from BrandMooreArt's Fix-it Friday Series. I'll be honest, I didn't know what to do with this set. At first, I had claw marks on the shoulders, but with the new template, I had to rethink things, so I took to Google for inspiration. I may go back to the drawing board as I feel it's the same as its inspiration, yet at the same time, different. I don't know. I'll let you guys be the judge. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Orleans Saints:

UWWKNrG.jpg

d5HDGPB.jpg

Matched the helmet with the pants color. Added striping to the black pants and for some reason carried them over to the road uniform. The font has a bit more character to it (AKA used Tennessee's Adidas font). The jerseys don't change much besides the number outlines. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

PITv4Bo.jpg

hUYfWDE.jpg

hfhBfda.jpg

Dialed it back a bit... and by a bit, I mean a WHOLE LOT. No more flat pewter, no more alarm clock digits, no more chrome facemask, no more oversized helmet logo, and no more panel striping. The logo and the uniforms are a perfect blend of the previous set and the current, mostly using elements from the previous. The sleeve logos are simply the skull and crossed swords on the flag. The number font is a modified version of their current font. The pants striping is almost exactly what they had before except the addition of red pants that would normally only be worn with the home jersey to create a monochrome look (you know they'd do it).

So that'll pretty much do it for this series. Don't expect updates to come out immediately. I do, however, want to thank everyone who followed along and stuck with me throughout this series.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived