infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 15

infrared41

Goofy facemask? Isn't that one of the two classic quarterback facemasks just with a second bar on the top?

I love that mask!

I think the last QB to wear that cage was Byron Leftwich

Yeah but it should be left in the past because it looks weird. Bigger masks should only be used by lineman and maybe linebackers in my opinion... Thurman Thomas wore this mask but I don't think anyone wants to see Adrian Peterson wear it because its too old school thurman-thomas-buffalo-bills.jpg?w=600

Id like to see it

Me too.

Add me to the list. While we're at it, I'd like to see this face mask make a comeback.

15-alan-page-vikings-1967_pg_600-545x400

No, no no, and more no, that mask is clunky and awful haha. But as to those QB's masks, theyre alright.

a2BRS8U.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no no, and more no, that mask is clunky and awful haha.

"No, no no, and more no?" Don't sugarcoat it, tell us what you really think. B) Anyway, I think that mask looks a helluva lot cooler than these ugly-assed things...

Peyton-Hillis-Facemask.jpg

God Lord, that looks ridiculous.

More awesome Alan Page shots, you ask? Certainly...alan_page_1977_09_01.jpg

PageUpClose--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

Gary-Larsen-Purple-People-Eaters-Vikings

No, no no, and more no, that mask is clunky and awful haha.

"No, no no, and more no?" Don't sugarcoat it, tell us what you really think. B) Anyway, I think that mask looks a helluva lot cooler than these ugly-assed things...

Peyton-Hillis-Facemask.jpg

God Lord, that looks ridiculous.

More awesome Alan Page shots, you ask? Certainly...alan_page_1977_09_01.jpg

PageUpClose--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

Gary-Larsen-Purple-People-Eaters-Vikings

That last pic is so badass, other than the fact that there are defensive players wearing receiver numbers.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

What would be perfect is a shot of the D-Line with steam/breath coming out of their facemasks.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Great picture . . . and close enough.

One of my favorite football memories from boyhood is watching late season/playoffs Vikings games from old Metropolitan Stadium and seeing the D-Line waiting for the offense to break the huddle with steam pouring out of their facemasks. I still curse the day the Vikings became a dome team.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

One of my favorite football memories from boyhood is watching late season/playoffs Vikings games from old Metropolitan Stadium and seeing the D-Line waiting for the offense to break the huddle with steam pouring out of their facemasks. I still curse the day the Vikings became a dome team.

They might've just played their last outdoor game last sunday

Yep. That said, TCF Bank Stadium just doesn't have the same feel as The Met.

Yep. That said, TCF Bank Stadium just doesn't have the same feel as The Met.

and this new one looks like one rock would shatter it to pieces

Just my opinion, but I think that facemask is one of the best. It's a great QB mask. Peyton Manning looked a lot better with it than that ugly-assed thing he wears now...

fe04f5111ad2b4677b95524bdf1a1100.jpgPeyton+Manning+Indianapolis+Colts+v+Tenn

i feel the exact opposite, lol.

for what it's worth, Manning switched to the Speed Flex this year. it seems they made a custom mask for Manning's Flex that resembles the one from the Revolution.

ap_broncos_chiefs_football_75999224.jpg?

Okay the speedflex looks god damn awful but I don't get the hate for the Revolution...I always liked it...

Archived