The History of the NAHA (Fictional Hockey League)

Darknes

Hello there, this is gonna be my first endeavor into the world of making concepts, so I've been inspired to make my own Fictional League so I can learn how to use some programs. I'll will be simulating the seasons and keeping a narrative going but I'll be posting the League shield and the Intro right about...now. So C&C are appreciated so that I can improve myself.

yuNXSTI.png

It was the end of World War Two, the United States and Canada were recovering from the aftermath of the war. Many turned to sports to uplift their spirits and look to the future. There wasn’t any unified league for hockey before the war, it was all semi-pro leagues stuck in a region until 1948 where eight owners of these semi-pro teams wanted hockey to be spread across their nations as they began to draw up the first draft of the North American Hockey Alliance. The owners of these eight clubs varied in fortune and means of acquiring said wealth pooled their resources together to form the league. The first head of the league was Liam O'Brian, a Lawyer from New York who helped draw up the first draft of the league's rules. The cities of Boston, Halifax, Montreal, New York, Toronto, Chicago, Hamilton and Detroit were awarded teams. They were deemed the Early Eight as they would soon start planning out their seasons and the identities of their teams. The Championship trophy was made by Seamus McDonald, the 88 year old owner of the Maritime Commodores as he was going to be passing ownership to his son Nathan upon his passing and wanted to donate something to the fledgling league, his item was the United Dominion Cup which would be awarded to the winner of the championship of the NAHA.

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

This sounds like it will be a cool series! The only complaint I have with the league logo is that the Maple Leaf used in the logo's design wasn't incorporated on the Canadian flag until 1965 so it might not go well in the 1940s (Unless you wanted somethung to represent Canada in general as opposed to using the Red Ensign). I do like the idea of incorporating American and Canadian elements onto the league logo though. Can't wait to see what you come up with logo and uniform-wise!

Well as a Detroit boy Im waiting to see what they look like and are named

Just as a Hint, they won't be named after anything Automotive, I tried to be different with all of the Identities. If you wanna PM me to find put the names, feel free

This sounds like it will be a cool series! The only complaint I have with the league logo is that the Maple Leaf used in the logo's design wasn't incorporated on the Canadian flag until 1965 so it might not go well in the 1940s (Unless you wanted somethung to represent Canada in general as opposed to using the Red Ensign). I do like the idea of incorporating American and Canadian elements onto the league logo though. Can't wait to see what you come up with logo and uniform-wise!

I basically wanted to do a shield where both the United States and Canada had something involved in the logo due to the League's title being the North American Hockey Alliance

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

Archived