Calgary Flames Re-design

BRX

Attached is a blackless concept for the Calgary Flames. I'm quite new here and this is my first concept in a long time.

If the blackless idea takes off I might make it into a series so please leave some feedback.

Thanks,

Brendan

Calgary%20Full_zpshuhn9dqj.png

This is a nice idea, but I would go with the classic Flames' colors. Or at least I would like to see the uniforms with the classic colors. I think it could look good.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Great job! This is an excellent example that you don't have to include black to uniforms in order to make them mainstream.

I don't think the Flames' addition of black was ever to make them "mainstream"; I've always been of the opinion that the shades of red and yellow the Flames went with have always needed black to really set them off. Otherwise, there's not enough contrast between.

However, with this concept, you've addressed that, BRX, by going with darker shades of red and yellow. The yellow could be lighter, though, or perhaps used only as trim, with red and white being more predominant. The white jersey looks fantastic because red and white are more predominant. If you flipped white and yellow on the red jersey, I think it would look better. And the third jersey is a good start, but I feel it needs some white trim in there to balance it out.

Nice work. Always love a new Flames try.

• The away is beautiful. It truly works with the dark red.
  • The home is okay. I honestly can't envision a "Sea of Maroon" in the Saddledome, and I agree that the gold needs to be lighter. Also, I believe the Flaming C can only be red, not yellow or white.
  • Sorry, but the yellow alt hurts me. Unlike others, I don't think adding white trim would salvage it; the yellow base is just not going to work without a really bold contrast colour (like the navy blue on the Nashville jersey)

I would keep the away as is, swap the home to an alt, and recreate a home jersey that maximizes red (or dark red), while keeping a red Flaming C, and white and yellow trim. Maybe use a two-tone red concept with splashes of yellow and white.

You're right Office, mainstream was the wrong word to use. What I should've said is that almost every jersey coming out has black included in it. Yes the color black sells for marketing reasons; but I for one, am in favor for keeping team colors limited to three, with white being one of them. Once, you go into 4, 5 or more colors, uniforms IMHO, start to look cluttered.

I agree that both red and gold should be lightened in this concept but, this is an excellent concept, nevertheless.

Nice work. Always love a new Flames try.

• The away is beautiful. It truly works with the dark red.
  • The home is okay. I honestly can't envision a "Sea of Maroon" in the Saddledome, and I agree that the gold needs to be lighter. Also, I believe the Flaming C can only be red, not yellow or white.
  • Sorry, but the yellow alt hurts me. Unlike others, I don't think adding white trim would salvage it; the yellow base is just not going to work without a really bold contrast colour (like the navy blue on the Nashville jersey)

I would keep the away as is, swap the home to an alt, and recreate a home jersey that maximizes red (or dark red), while keeping a red Flaming C, and white and yellow trim. Maybe use a two-tone red concept with splashes of yellow and white.

A red C on a red jersey would look pretty terrible. A white C would look better, and worked just fine on the 80s and 90s sets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived