Southern Conference Football Redesign

GriffinM6

Hello, all! It's been quite a while since I've posted a concept series and I think that needs to change. So without further adieu, I present my Southern Conference Football Redesign!

First up is Chattanooga. They have a really bland and boring identity right now, so I thought I'd spice things up a bit, and use the color scheme in their bird logos as seen below.

LRLNJROGLQDWHUS.20080912135146.gif

y00i9.jpg

166kgtg.jpg

ojpbg8.jpg

zwcmfq.jpg

C&C is greatly appreciated!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Overall looks good. The main problem I see is the lack of contrast between the bird logo and the blue helmet. A white or gold background would help- a wide outline or a full change of helmet colour, for example.

I see that the nickname Mocs has been converted from being short for Moccasins to being short for the state bird, the Mockingbirds. They do have a bird head version available.OOYEOPEDBATEQZU.20090709201216.jpg

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

That bird is awesome! Great work. Also really like the unis. This is really solid.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I understand the misinterpretation of Mocs - it's a long and interesting history of the team's identity.

I love the train motif that they use. I would love to see their train logo on the helmet.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Being from Chattanooga I think this looks really good, but I'd be interested to see what a yellow helmet looks like with the bird on it or the C. UTC used to have yellow helmets and I always thought they looked the best

4qot2w.jpg

10mvl7t.jpg

1rb7dw.jpg

Before I make any changes to Chattanooga, I thought I'd go ahead and post the next team; the Furman Paladins. They had Colts style uniforms for a long time until about 2013 when they switched to a Nike Teambuilder design. I brought back the Colts style uniforms and gave them a unique block font to not make the look so boring. There is also a BFBS alternate.

vgrbwo.jpg

9stez7.jpg

jgml92.jpg

wbytmg.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived