MLB Organizational tweaks (Los Angeles Dodgers 40 of 90)

infernoqueso

So next up in this series, the Portland Sea Dogs AA affiliate of the Red Sox.  Uniforms a mix of Red Sox pullover era uniforms and 2013 World Series look.  Nothing to out there but its hard to go wrong with RWB.  BP hat features the swing Sea Dog and Away features Red Sox logo on the sleeve to make that uniform a little more interesting and it does show

affiliate pride. Next up will be the next organization,  the Chicago Cubs organization.  

portland br.pngSEA DOGS HOME.pngSEA DOGS AWAY.pngSEA DOGS HA.pngSEA DOGS AA.pngSEA DOGS HBP.pngSEA DOGS ABP.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been awhile so here are the Chicago Cubs.  Some notable changes here such as the lightening of the blue to a more royal than their current navyish blue.  Home stays the same and the away put the old red curve underneath the Chicago wordmark.  I always thought that was their best look and adds some color pop to their boring current grey uniforms.  On the blue alternate used their primary logo on the chest and alternate on the sleeve removing the national league logo.  BP doesn't use the contrasting sleeves because I feel their red is more of an accent color not a secondary.  Alternate on the chest their and a hat like their old away hats.  Not too many changes but I think it cleans them up quite nicely.  

cubs br.png

cubs home.pngCUBS AWAY.pngcubs alternate.pngcubs bp.png

• 2 weeks later...

So here are the Iowa Cubs AAA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.  Not much to change if they share the same identity but some history to play with.  I discarded ugly Iowa script and moved Iowa inside the C in the primary.  Alternate is a modified bear cub logo.  Home is like their parent club but utilizes the infamous "Cuba" Cubs script.  Away uses the red billed cap and based off of the early 90's Cubs road.  Alternate also uses the Cubs script nothing too much.  Bp uses the bear cub logo and a colorful tricolor cap.  Not much to do with their identity but I wanted to distance them from the major league club in Chicago.  

iowa br.png

Iowa home.pngIowa away.pngIowa alternate.pngiowa bp.png

I like the idea behind the new logo, although I wonder how many people will read it as "Ciowa."

Home looks fine. For the alternate, the "I" in "Iowa" looks taller than the rest of the letters. Not sure if that was intentional or not but it kind of sticks out.

For the alternate, I'd add some sleeve piping like the jersey it's based on had. Right now there's just too much blue and the piping would break it up a bit. 

For the BP jersey, I think the white front paneled cap would clash with the pinstriped pants. I think this is kind of an unwritten rule in uniform design, though I guess the Braves pulled it off in the late '70s

Keep up the good work!

So up next are the Tennessee Smokies AA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.  the uniforms are clean but this is where I had a little fun with hat combinations.  I wanted to emphasize the red more than their parent affiliates and  tried to incorporate a wider mix of logos.  Not much to say about it and the next organization will be the Chicago White Sox.  Please feel free to leave any C&C.  

smokies br.png

smokies home.pngsmokies away.pngsmokies alternate.pngsmokies alternate 2.pngsmokies bp.png

So next is the team from the South side, the Chicago White Sox.  I didn't change much to their current set but added a multitude of fauxbacks to honor their great uniform history.  Home adds the diamond sleeve patch and the regular set utilizes unique striped socks.  The first fauxback is based off the striped look but in their current color scheme. This one gets two hats to choose from.  I always thought the white sox had some good looks but their colors have never fit.  The second fauxback is a combination of eras spanning the early 1900's and uses current colors.  Even the bp uses retro logos to complete the throwback look.  Next up will be their AAA affiliate the Charlotte Knights.  

white sox br.png

white sox home.pngwhite sox away.pngwhite sox alternate.pngwhite sox fauxback 1.pngwhite sox fauxback 2.pngwhite sox bp.png

You can put it on the board...YES!!

LOVE what you did with the Sox! The two fauxbacks look great with their modern day colors. 

A few suggestions for the Home Fauxback 1--Since it's based on their mid-80s jerseys, it should be a pullover, so get red of the placket and buttons. Also, I'd make the brim on the alternate cap silver/gray. 

• 3 weeks later...

This one took a quite awhile but here it is.  The team is the White Sox affiliate the Charlotte Knights.  Basic piping on the jerseys but I gave them an abundant variety of hats.  Alternate is a "black out" similar to the Rays navy alternates. Next up will be the Birmingham Barons.  

knights br.png

knights home.pngknights away.pngknights alternate.pngKNIGHTS BP.png

Nice to see this series back in action!

Overall the Knights look good. A few comments:

- I like the idea of the blackout jersey, but I would fill in the "Knights" wordmark with gold. I opened this on my phone and I could barely make out what the uniform said. Alternately, you could use the "K" or "C" logo as a crest logo. The gold outlined numbers on the back look fine, though.

- Good choice of numbers style. The one they currently use is very amateurish so this is a real improvement.  

- I would use the same style typeface as "Knights" for "Charlotte" on the road jersey. 

- For the BP jersey, I would use the "K" or "C" logo as a crest logo just for some variety. Depends on how/if you tweak the blackout jersey. 

Looking forward to the Barons!

Edits done for the Knights and the next team in the series is the Birmingham Barons.  This is a team with a rich history that traces back to the negro leagues and includes Micheal Jordan's stint playing baseball.  Their current set plays to this but isn't perfect.  Home uses pinstripes with the baron logo on the sleeve. The away is based off the black barons look using red arched lettering and double piping and includes the baron on the sleeve as well.  Alternate uses double piping but without baron on the sleeve on purpose because it is included on an alternate cap.  Wanted to make this somewhat modern but also respect the history of the franchise.  

barons br.png

barons home.pngbarons away.pngBARONS ALTERNATE.pngBARONS BP.png

Next up the Cincinnati Reds. The most noticeable change is that the Reds are all red and the black is completely gone.  The curly font is gone and returned to a traditional block font.  A look similar to their glory days and the BP adds some flair to an otherwise basic set.  

reds br.png

reds home.pngreds away.pngREDS FAUXBACK VEST.pngreds alternate.pngreds bp.png

Archived