MLB Organizational tweaks (Los Angeles Dodgers 40 of 90)

infernoqueso

The next team really has the potential to rock the purple.  The Colorado Rockies have such a great color scheme that is misused.  The key is to find the right mix between the Black, purple, silver, and white.  A silver accent has been added to the logo to give the mountain more definition.  The purple brim hat has been promoted to primary and is the only hat.  The purple pinstripes remain on the home and purple road pinstripes are back because IMO they could pull them off and it makes them unique.  Striped socks have been added with purple and white striping that also matches the new sleeve piping on the alternate jerseys.  BP utilizes the mountain logo on the cap.  The next team will be the AAA affiliate ,the Albuquerque Isotopes.  

rockies br.pngrockies home.pngrockies away.pngrockies a1.pngrockies a2.pngrockies bp.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rockies are looking good, but they could be a bit better. A few suggestions:

1. I would simplify the sock striping across the entire set. It looks too busy the way it is now, what with the black, white and purple. What if you put the stripes on stirrups with white sanis, or made the socks purple instead of black?

2. For the BP jersey, how about using the "CR" logo on the chest instead of the "COLORADO" wordmark?

The next team is the Albuquerque Isotopes.  Here I wanted to use a unique combination of hats with options changing throughout each uniform.  The striped socks flip colors depending on the undershirt. "Isotopes" is used on each uniform because, well, Albuquerque doesn't fit well on a jersey.   On the BP hat an alternate "I" logo is used but recolored to match the Rockies template along with the wordmark.  C&C is appreciated and the next team will be the Hartford Yard Goats.  

isotopes br.png

isotopes home.pngisotopes away.pngisotopes a1.pngisotopes a2.pngisotopes bp.png

24 minutes ago, infernoqueso said:

How does this script look?

isotopes maybe.png

This is better (at least, slightly more professional looking), but the atom looks more like a flower.

I would definitely try out that Dodgers-style script or just the "I" crest. I guarantee you either would look much, much better. :)

15 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

The more I look at the other options I actually like the cartoon letters more and they are based off the Simpson's isotopes so they have some background story.  

Fair enough. It IS something they actually wear, so I can't fault you for it, but I just find it ridiculous-looking. 

• 2 weeks later...

The next team in the series is the Hartford Yard Goats.  This might have to be changed in the near future because they currently don't have a stadium and there is a chance they could relocate.  Double color piping is used on the sleeves and a single color piping in the front.  I wasted to simplify there current set.It is a little busy IMO.  Asa aresult of this the clunky shoulder patch is eliminated.  Hats utilize different color combos and mix up the logos.  BP is set to match the Rockies template.  

yg banner.pngyg home.pngyg away.pngyg a1.pngyg a2.pngyg bp.png

So the next team is the Detroit Tigers.  This one really conflicted me.  On one hand I really wanted to do a modern take and spice things up.  But, then I stared to think about the unchanging aesthetics the franchise has displayed over the years.  in this case tradition won out with an unchanged home and simplified away.  Alternate just takes the home and makes the base color grey.  The BP is where I displayed a modern edge but not nearly to where I was envisioning.  If asked for I will post that set.  

tigers br.pngdetroit home.pngdetroot away.pngtiger aa.pngtiger bp.png

So basically the first Tigers concept is what they would ideally wear.  My perfect vision for them.  This next one I think is a better concept but doesn't quite fit the Tigers as a franchise.  Another problem I see in this is it looks very close to the Houston Astros.  Here orange is a much more predominant color and The old English D is replaced with a wordmark.  All new alternates are added as well. There is a new hat added to the BP set and A tiger patch is added to the shoulder on all uniforms.   Please leave C&C.  

tigers br.pngtigers home new.pngtigers new away.pngtigers new ha.pngtigers new alternate.png

tiger new bp.png

1 hour ago, infernoqueso said:

So basically the first Tigers concept is what they would ideally wear.  My perfect vision for them.  This next one I think is a better concept but doesn't quite fit the Tigers as a franchise.  Another problem I see in this is it looks very close to the Houston Astros.  Here orange is a much more predominant color and The old English D is replaced with a wordmark.  All new alternates are added as well. There is a new hat added to the BP set and A tiger patch is added to the shoulder on all uniforms.   Please leave C&C.  

tigers br.pngtigers home new.pngtigers new away.pngtigers new ha.pngtigers new alternate.png

tiger new bp.png

Throw some orange stripes on the stirrups, and you've got a winner!

On 8/18/2016 at 0:34 PM, coco1997 said:

Hartford looks great!

Just sucks that it sounds like they won't be playing in Hartford at all. They haven't even restarted construction, and there's thing that are falling apart on the stadium.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-dunkin-donuts-park-issues-0818-20160819-story.html?dfg

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

• 1 month later...

Here is a yet another tigers update.  I had to take a step back from this one to get a better perspective.  I realized orange can look great as well as the old English D.  I think this to mixes old with new but doesn't stomp on tradition.  I really think this would look great out on the field, yet very professional looking. I think I found that balance in this new version. hopefully I canstart working on the next team this one really drained me. Enjoy  

tigers br.pngdetroiy home v3.pngtigers new away.pngtigers new ha.pngtigers aav3.pngtigers new alternate.png

tiger new bp.png

Archived