MLB Organizational tweaks (Los Angeles Dodgers 40 of 90)

infernoqueso

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Ok so this series is back in action.  The next team is the Toledo Mud Hens.  They had most recently updated their uniforms, but I think they didn't quite nail it.  So a tweaked pinstripe vest returns as the home.  The home alternate is created to reflect my new away uniform, because I felt both styles look great. Now for the alternate, I toned it down a little, removing the garish feathers and leaving a traditional style uniform.  BP is using the Tigers base design.  Please leave any suggestions, as I will do the Erie Sea wolves next. 

mudhens banner v2.pngmudhens home.pngmudhens away.pngmudhens ha.pngmudhens alternate.pngmudhens BP.png

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Good to see this series back in action again!

Nice job on the Mud Hens. What is the logo on the "T" used on the cap? Whatever it is looks off for some reason. I think just the "T" would suffice.

Oh that logo is the classic Mud Hens logo, they have been wearing it forever .  

4569.gif

Up next, the Erie SeaWolves.  Now 1/3 of the teams are done! For having such a nice set of logos their current uniforms don't do them justice.  They fail to use yellow/gold as a part of the uniforms.  So here, I added gold to each set, to taking inspiration from the early 2000's Pirates uniforms.  I left the numbers without outlines on the home and away to maintain the balance between red and yellow/gold without making things to cluttered.  I will go back and tweak my concepts if anyone has any suggestions, but other than that the next team will be the Houston Astros.  

sea wolves br.pngsw home.pngsw away.pngsw a1.pngsw a2.pngsw bp.png

The rainbow guts are back... sort of. The next team is the Houston Astros.  With a history of outlandish uniforms, why not embrace it, instead of stay in a conservative shell.  To start with the logos have been slightly tweaked.  The shooting star  returns, adding a much needed element of flair to the Astros uniforms.  Orange hat is also an option, but orange bill is relegated to BP status (doesn't match well with the uniforms). The head-spoon piping is removed, and replaced with neck piping.  The shoulder logos on the alternates receive a special yellow outline to mimic the rainbow pattern.  The 2nd alternate incorporates the rainbow tequila pattern, but I chose not to incorporate the shooting star to keep it from becoming too busy.  that is not the case for the BP, I decided to make it crazy.  Full rainbow guts, because why not?, its just for batting practice anyway.  Next up is the AAA affiliate the Fresno Grizzlies.  

astros br.pngastros home.pngastros away.pngastros a1.pngastros a2.pngastros bp.png

No replies to the Astros, so moving on.  Grizzlies set is basic, not much to it.  BP is the rainbow Astros template, but I added a Tacos alternate identity.  this is another set that could be used along the Grizzlies identity, as almost an alter-ego of sorts.  Something the Grizzlies have dabbled with the past couple of years.  hopefully there is some feedback, but the next team will be the Corpus Christi Hooks.  

grizzlies br.pnggrizzlies home.pnggrizzlies away.pnggrizzlies a1.pnggrizzlies a2.pnggrizzlies bp.pngtaco home.pngtaco away.pngtaco alt 1.pngtaco alt 2.png

Sorry, haven't had a chance to comment recently. 

The Grizzlies look great--nothing I'd change. I love that you induced the Tacos alternates!

A few things with the Astros--First off, the shooting star lines on the orange alt should be white. There needs to be some contrast with the star itself. Second, the tequila sunrise just does not work on the BP jersey at all. I think it's because you have an arched wordmark over horizontal stripes. The stripes should also extend to the sleeves, but you've given them a vest look. It's just a big mess. Instead of the arched wordmark, how about extending the stripes to the sleeves and using the "H" star logo as a crest? Same idea for the Grizzlies BP jersey--bring the stripes up higher and add them to the sleeves. I guarantee it would look a lot better.  

I don't know how far off it is, but when you inevitably do the Royals, I might suggest keeping the current blue/gold/white color scheme. I know a lot of people try the purple/yellow look, and ultimately it is up to you, but I'd like to see your take on the current sets. Thanks! 

• 2 months later...

This is one of my first revamps on this project, and it is the Corpus Christi Hooks.  They debuted a retro look which I felt was much superior to their actual look.  I took that retro feel and made it their actual uniform set. It features a red and sky blue color scheme which serves as a preview for a team to come in the future.  thick striping on the uniforms as a homage to retro 70's style uniforms which the look is based off of.  Even added a pair of sky blue pants to complete the retro look.  The Texas logo is used similarly to the Blue Jays uniforms sitting under the wordmark.  Another feature to the away uniform wordmark using the c hook logos as c's.  BP uses the Astros template.  I appreciate any comments or criticism and am looking forward to the next team, the Kansas City Royals. 

hooks banner.pnghooks home.pnghooks away.pnghooks a1.pnghooks a2.pnghooks bp.png

seriously? I still liked the current logos as it is for Hooks (although I grew up in Corpus Christi and still think that Barracudas were the best team ever in Corpus Christi although folded in 1995 due to stupid situations), this retro logos can still be used as a throwback night or other. 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived