Bring Back NHL2K

SnakesFan

Good luck with that... Here's the thing: It didn't sell well last go around. 2K11 was only for the Wii, of all things... Why would 2K Sports, who has the best NBA game out there, waste their time with a gimmicky system for one of it's sports games? It was shown that it failed big time forcing them to take the series to handheld devices.

It's not coming back. Deal with it.

The NHL2k games were WAY better than the EA NHL games. Each uniform was really accurate too. The EA games couldn't make the right sweaters to save their lives. Although the newer games were worse in almost everything...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I owned a couple of the NHL 2K Wii games and I can tell you that I very much prefer EA's offerings. Even NHL Slapshot, a recycled NHL 06 with vaguely cartoonish graphics, was a more enjoyable experience than either of the NHL 2K games I owned. NHL 2K9 was horrible.

Why would 2K Sports, who has the best NBA game out there, waste their time with a gimmicky system for one of it's sports games?

Maybe because said console was the market leader at the time, outselling both of the other consoles for much of that generation?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2K hockey games were complete garbage.

I have never thought to myself, Yeah, I much perfer 2K's awful graphics, horrible controls, and easy as hell gameplay to EA's smooth graphics and functioning controls and goaltenders that actually challenge you!

Sure, EA usually just recycles the same stuff year after year with minimal changes, but they've always crushed 2K when it comes to hockey games. Whereas you'd have to blow the whole thing up and start everything from scratch, EA has the basic bones to make a perfect hockey game, they need to make very few changes (allow more options for creating teams and players and more depth in the way of throwback jerseys).

Hell, I owned both NHL 2005 for the original XBox and NHL2K8 for the PS3, and while 2K8 had more jerseys to pick from, everything else about NHL 2006 was a million times better. Especially graphics.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

2K hockey games were complete garbage.

I have never thought to myself, Yeah, I much perfer 2K's awful graphics, horrible controls, and easy as hell gameplay to EA's smooth graphics and functioning controls and goaltenders that actually challenge you!

Sure, EA usually just recycles the same stuff year after year with minimal changes, but they've always crushed 2K when it comes to hockey games. Whereas you'd have to blow the whole thing up and start everything from scratch, EA has the basic bones to make a perfect hockey game, they need to make very few changes (allow more options for creating teams and players and more depth in the way of throwback jerseys).

Hell, I owned both NHL 2005 for the original XBox and NHL2K8 for the PS3, and while 2K8 had more jerseys to pick from, everything else about NHL 2006 was a million times better. Especially graphics.

I think the 2k games got worse after each year. I have NHL 2K5 and 2K10, and the graphics are WAY better in 04... So is the Music, gameplay, and the amount of jerseys.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I only really enjoyed 2K6, the rest of them were pretty bad though. But saying that, I wouldn't mind if 2K still made hockey games. Not that I would play them, but it puts the pressure on EA to make the best possible hockey game they can. I would still like to see some features added such as a few more vintage jerseys and a couple of features that I've seen other sports games have (such as options to relocate your team in be a GM mode and and retro teams).

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived