World Hockey Association Working Thread

JCRGraphix

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my GHA team, I recommend the name Brisbane Bullsharks. First off, the name has alliteration. Second off, sounds intimidating. And thirdly, I feel hearing Australian broadcasters say Bullsharks would be awesome.

This series seems to have a lot of ambition, but I am very excited for this to happen. The forum needs this series, as like a step in resurgence.

And where did you find the goalie template?

Bullsharks? Bullsharks!

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

First of all, I apologize for the time difference, I should only be in Afghanistan for another few months...

From my GHA team, I recommend the name Brisbane Bullsharks. First off, the name has alliteration. Second off, sounds intimidating. And thirdly, I feel hearing Australian broadcasters say Bullsharks would be awesome.
This series seems to have a lot of ambition, but I am very excited for this to happen. The forum needs this series, as like a step in resurgence.

Also, are you exploring the possibility of using manufacturers other than Nike and Adidas, like Under Amour, Kappa, or New Balance?
And where did you find the goalie template?

Bullsharks it is. I'll be using Nike MachSpeed, Nike Olympic, Adidas, Adidas TechFit, UnderArmour, Reebok, Puma, CCM, Torspo, Warrior, and Bauer, but if anybody else has vectors or large black and white pics of other brand's logos, I'll add those as well. All of these templates including the goalie ones are ones I've made. The basic hockey one is a retrace of the Reebok hockey template with stitching and shading added.

So far this is looking amazing! Awesome work, can't wait to see more!
Maybe for Boston the Boston Rebels or Boston Massacre?

Ehhhhh, not Massacre. Maybe Minutemen? I like the Rebels name.

Halifax Mariners...

Boston Rebels and Halifax Mariners it is...

Would love to help with anything, although ive never done hockey before so im not sure how good i would be at it!

I'd be glad to have your help!

Will you update the team list in the other thread, too?

Yes. I will do that shortly.

Also, I'm not so great with logos, but if you ever needed help with any jerseys hit me up

We'll definitely need help there.

I will be adding links to templates for Paint, Gimp, Photoshop, and Paint.net later today. If you are interested in doing logo work, I would like either svg or 1500x1500px transparent png. If you're not able to do those, do a 1500x1500 bmp with #BFFF00 (191,255,0) as the background, and I'll fix it up. Also, we won't be using pure black. Any instance where you need black in the design, please use #161616 (22,22,22). For logos, I'd like a primary, at least a secondary and possibly a tertiary, and a wordmark. For uniforms, home is dark, away is light, and I'd like either one or two alternates. Don't worry about name and numbers, but if there's a font you like, or a certain way you'd like the numbers, let me know. This helps the template pop and makes it look more realistic. If you would like to claim a team, please do so here. If you'd like to have one assigned, let me know here. For instance a good response would be "Edmonton Barons, just uniforms" or "Edmonton Barons, full identity" or "You pick, just uniforms" etc.. You get the picture.

Updated team names:

Almaty Zher Silkinisi

Boston Rebels

Brisbane Bullsharks

Conquistadores San Juan

Delhi Troopers

Dushanbe Flags

Halifax Mariners

Ibis Trinidad

Mumbai Tusks H.C.

Noumea Caledonians

Port Moresby Cassowaries

Taveuni H.C. Fiji

Tiki Hawai'i

Wellington Kiwis

Winnipeg Warriors

Also, if you contribute a name or art, please PM me your real name so I can credit you properly.

Some name suggestions:

Baku Oilers

Tashkent Riders

Vladivostok Submarines

Novosibirsk Bears

Melbourne Dingos/Kangaroos

Auckland Racers (about sailing)

Nufu'alofa Navigators

Ho Chi Minh City Stars

Bangkok Sovereigners

Karachi Maharajas

(Barcelona) St. Jordi H.C.

Toros de Madrid

Lisbon Seafarers

Valencia Murcielagos

Kiev Croppers

Riga Teutons

Magyar H.C. (Budapest)

Istanbul Pashas

Nassau Pirates

Helsinki Icebreakers

Espoo Perches

Oslo Vikinger

Copenaghen Danes

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

JCR, it won't let me PM you? Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm not sure what's causing this. Just email me. It's my username @ymail.com

Okcool! Id love to help with any designing on an american west team!

Would you like to pick one or would you like me to pick one for you?

Some name suggestions:

Baku Oilers

Tashkent Riders

Vladivostok Submarines

Novosibirsk Bears

Melbourne Dingos/Kangaroos

Nufu'alofa Navigators

Ho Chi Minh City Stars

Bangkok Sovereigners

Karachi Maharajas

(Barcelona) St. Jordi H.C.

Toros de Madrid

Lisbon Seafarers

Valencia Murcielagos

Kiev Croppers

Riga Teutons

Magyar H.C. (Budapest)

Istanbul Pashas

Nassau Pirates

Helsinki Icebreakers

Espoo Perches

Oslo Vikinger

Copenaghen Danes

Some of these are really good. I'll update the OP.

Updated team names:

Ahventa Espoo (Perches)

Karachi Maharajas

Magyar Jégkorong Csapat

Maritimos Lisbon (Seafarers)

Murcielagos de Valencia

Neftçi Baku (Oilers)

Oslo Vikinger

Podvodnyye Lodki Vladivostok (Submarines)

Sant Jordi Club de Hockey Barcelona

T'agavornery Yerevan (Kings)

Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh Sao (Stars)

Toros de Madrid

Feel free to ask if it is not clear why I named the team that way (as I forgot to write it).

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

I'm having some fun internet issues, so I'll have to post the templates tomorrow (or I guess later today since it's 4:34am here). For now, here's the next team:

Die Haaie Kaapstad (Cape Town Sharks)

They are the first to use my Nike MachSpeed hockey template. I've added a closer pic for better detail....

KAAPSTAD1.png

KAAPSTAD2.png

JERSEY.png

Archived