NCAA - Michigan State Spartans Logo Concept

Dwinters24

I remember seeing this on behance. I think this style of helmet is an improvement from the original. The vertical nose guard in your helmet and positioning of the eye give this a more aggressive look than the current logo. You've kept the same basic silhouette idea so it's still clearly Michigan State. The forward tilt doesn't bother me but could see people liking it if it were at a less extreme angle. Nice job!

Thanks for the compliment JAHA32. Appreciate the great feedback!

The downward tilt is unneeded, as when a running back really does lower his head, then the logo is ultra tilted and looks odd. Look at that Connor Cook photo - it's odd that Cook's head and eyes are up, but the logo is damn-near looking straight down. And I, too, got the feeling that the spartan was getting his face smashed in. If the "lowering the head" look was an excellent idea, then every school would tilt its logo. Looks better straight-on.

Presentation is excellent, but the logo is not quite perfect.

The downward tilt is unneeded, as when a running back really does lower his head, then the logo is ultra tilted and looks odd. Look at that Connor Cook photo - it's odd that Cook's head and eyes are up, but the logo is damn-near looking straight down. And I, too, got the feeling that the spartan was getting his face smashed in. If the "lowering the head" look was an excellent idea, then every school would tilt its logo. Looks better straight-on.

Presentation is excellent, but the logo is not quite perfect.

I understand the overall consensus is to get rid of the tilt which is an easy fix there. I felt as it could possibly work with this logo/school because of the nature of the helmet and also the front of the logo lines right up with the facemask angle as well. I know something like this wouldn't work for "every" school. Looking back, I do like how the straight-on looks on the basketball shorts, etc. I feel like I can still get that effect with the Spartan helmet ramming if it's not tilted. Thanks for the critique WSU151.

Archived