Nike College Football Playoff 4

wyopokes2

I haven't posted a concept here in a really long time. Due to my job I don't really have the time and when I do the last thing I want to do usually is work in photoshop for fun. However, I got some time over Christmas break and wanted to update my templates. It seemed like a good idea to test it out on the 4 teams in the playoffs. I realize that these should have the individual bowl patches on them first, but for concept sakes, I just left the championship patch.

Clemson

Probably the most "out there" of the bunch. I wanted to try something new. I didn't want to alter helmets too much or I would have altered the striping to match the jersey. I feel like Clemson needs something new and wanted to do something fun for them. There is sublimated Tiger striping on the numbers.

24070538405_7644fcd3b9_k.jpg

23442084354_dd400be961_o.png

Oklahoma

Wood texture from the current alternate helmets is carried over to the normal helmet. The jersey is a light creme color, wood texture on the numbers. I love their current alternates but wanted to blend it more with their traditional uniforms. Wheel logo from the basketball jerseys is featured on the collar.

23442072734_162209c299_k.jpg

23774620240_b9c7d94a24_o.png

And last but not least:

Michigan State

Once again a team where I like their current alternates and wanted to mix in some of the elements with their current jerseys. I took the biggest risk of this series probably by giving them an alternate helmet. I love the idea of white for them and the way it looks with their color scheme. Overall it's my favorite of the bunch.

24070418515_267121047e_k.jpg

23987713971_856e117586_o.png

These are great man! My only suggestions, take them or leave them, would be: Make Michigan State's helmet green, just reverse the helmet colors. I can't tell, but I think you have a gold trim with their uniforms, add that as maybe an outline on the helmet. OU is perfect to me how you did it, same with Bama. Clemson just to play with it I would drop the helmet stripe because it doesn't match the tiger print on the jersey. I'm not sure how that would clash with the solid white pants however, since white on the jersey is tiger print, but white on the pants is just white. Maybe try making the white tiger print on the jerseys the blue alternate color they use. But overall you did amazing, just figured I'd throw some stuff out there.

Alabama

In past concepts I've been ripped. So this time around I didn't make too many changes at all. Most underwhelming/mild concept of the bunch

23774951030_36fc3481c7_k.jpg

24070310345_95ca950396_o.png

For a championship vs Clemson, a white helmet would look good with white jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

All of these are great, but the winner has to be Michigan State. I too love the bronze lids in the alternate, and it really complements the whole set well to have a splash of it in the design. Also, the white helmet really fits the uniform nicely and really makes the look better than it would be with a green helmet. Great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived