Chewbacca

Thrift Store Gems 2016

puma-borussia-dortmund-2014-2015-home-je

$10 at one of the local soccer shops. 

On 6/3/2016 at 6:32 PM, Crabcake47 said:

The things I do to save $170 :P

In this case I'd rather save the whole $200...

Been a while, but I found a Montreal Alouettes sideline shirt and a Chunichi Dragons Kosuke Fukudome jersey; both of them were $6 each. :)

So usually I stick mainly to thrifting for my old clothes and jerseys but today I stepped out of my comfort zone. I went to this giant garage sale/flea market thing and it was overall a great experience. 

I should've went earlier, it started at 7:00 but I showed up at 8:30 so I know I missed a few good items but can't be completely sure. 

Here's what I came away with for $30

IMG_8384.JPG

IMG_8385.JPG

3 hours ago, Forged in Steel said:

Does anyone have a red air-knit Montreal Canadiens jersey in size large they want to sell?

What do you mean by air-knit? If you don't mind me asking. I managed to find a white Team Canada hockey jersey for $15.

@Chewbacca; It's the fabric used by the pre-Reebok Edge hockey jerseys.

Actually, the Canadiens used a different fabric than most teams for their jerseys. They used Ultrafil, not Airknit. It's a little smoother looking. IIRC the Canucks also used it. Other notable exceptions to this were the Starter jerseys the Avalanche and Rangers wore that were football-jersey like.

Washington Nationals throw blanket, Baltimore Ravens Reebok hat, and Peter Forsberg Philadelphia Flyers bobblehead.

Syracuse Hoodie, UCONN nike polo shirt and two Houston Oiler Beer Mugs for $7.

Got a Yomiuri Giants cap for $3.

58 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

Got a Yomiuri Giants cap for $3.

Were there more of those? I've been looking for one since YakyuShop closed.

^ Sadly, there was only one.

I'll come back and add a pic, still can't believe it... found a hat autographed by my very obscure favorite NFL player of all time for $2... they don't make better bargains!

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

I'll come back and add a pic, still can't believe it... found a hat autographed by my very obscure favorite NFL player of all time for $2... they don't make better bargains!

Who is said player?

I've always had my eyes open, hoping to grab some stellar deal somewhere. I finally found mine through Kijiji. I grabbed this beauty below, plus a (fake) 2013 NHL All-Star jersey (white, #8, no name, with Capitals logo on the sleeve) for a total of $20.

Glad I saved all that cash, since finding a lettering kit for it is going to cost an arm and a leg.

oljCqbj.jpg

It's only April and this is probably my find of the year. One of my all-time favorite NFL jerseys, only $3. 

Seahawks1.jpe

Seahawks2.jpe

^ I actually found a jersey like that earlier this year. I passed on it because the screen-printing was too worn for my standards.