Thrift Store Gems 2016

Chewbacca

On 5/20/2016 at 7:22 AM, sc49erfan15 said:

Anyone having luck finding anything at Ross/TJMaxx?

I haven't been seeing much of anything. Ross has quite a few NFL New Era hats, but I haven't seen any jerseys.

My local stores sound like your stores. I've purchased a couple of caps, and there have been some decent sneakers on the shelves but there hasn't been much in terms of jerseys. I think the last jerseys I saw there were Sacramento Kings swingman and a screened. I forgot who was on the swingman but the screened was Jimmer Fredette. 

On 5/23/2016 at 6:52 PM, DPHF said:

As a Sharks fan, I was low key thrilled to pick up this beauty at Goodwill this morning for $5.99. 

image.jpeg

I'd love to find this size 46 adult. 

Good find!

Took a shot on this jersey for $2.50... from what I can find online, its from a celebrity baseball exhibition in Buffalo from back in 2000, which featured Pete Rose managing a group of former MLB players and at-the-time celebrities:

celebrity jersey.jpg

On 5/31/2016 at 1:37 PM, C-Squared said:

Took a shot on this jersey for $2.50... from what I can find online, its from a celebrity baseball exhibition in Buffalo from back in 2000, which featured Pete Rose managing a group of former MLB players and at-the-time celebrities:

celebrity jersey.jpg

I think most of the value is in that Jersey Express jock tag.  That company's inaugural catalog was pretty sweet.

At a NYC area Domsey warehouse I picked up a cool 80's Marist hockey t-shirt. I also picked up the A1D3N promo "Nike" hat because it was only $2 and I liked the style..I assumed it was a promo for a shoe release. I was unable to Google up anything on this hat or what happened on 11-13-14. It was made by Yapoong, not Nike, despite the Nike swoosh. Inner tag says "The Classic" by Yapoong. My questions are...what does this hat commemorate, and is it a bootleg? I doubt Nike allows their logo on non Nike tagged products. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CC 1.jpg

CC2.jpg

CC3.jpg

5 hours ago, Radiohead said:

At a NYC area Domsey warehouse I picked up a cool 80's Marist hockey t-shirt. I also picked up the A1D3N promo "Nike" hat because it was only $2 and I liked the style..I assumed it was a promo for a shoe release. I was unable to Google up anything on this hat or what happened on 11-13-14. It was made by Yapoong, not Nike, despite the Nike swoosh. Inner tag says "The Classic" by Yapoong. My questions are...what does this hat commemorate, and is it a bootleg? I doubt Nike allows their logo on non Nike tagged products. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CC 1.jpg

CC2.jpg

CC3.jpg

The artwork on that Marist shirt is on a new level of "elementary"

I mean..... C'MON MAN!!!

So I found a UW Huskies hockey jersey, an Everett Silvertips jersey, a Pittsburgh Pirates yellow jersey, a blank San Jose Sharks white 1998-2007 style jersey (which I will put its appropriate crest on in the near-future) and a blank Houston Oilers jersey these past few days.

Just found a like-new bauer white home jersey from the 90's Preds set for $7 in a random Wisconsin Goodwill. There is a minor light stain on the logo that I'll try to get out when I get home (hoping it isn't too set in). I was thinking Tide stick, any other suggestions?

Leather with fur mitts (has Fort William First Nation and the North Stars logo embroidered on - fur covers much of the name) were $40 at Value Village.

CCM wool jacket was $8 at Value Village.  Tag inside says 'NHL CCM Classics'

P1030255.JPG

P1030256.JPG

Found a USC 1980s football jersey for $16 and an NFL game ball w/the Paul Tagliabue signature (but with a severely faded autograph, which cannot be deciphered who it was signed by anymore) for $4; however, the ball was underinflated (please, no Deflategate jokes). But that problem is nothing a few online services available that can replace the ball's bladder couldn't solve.

Do e bay finds count? I needed a new jersey for softball, and snagged this baby for $30. Yes, I am pairing it with the rainbow guts pants, and yes, I am wearing it sans undershirt. ?

image.jpeg

Put on this ensemble for today's games in my Slo-pitch league's fun tournament.  Our team got new sponsors this year and we haven't got the new jerseys yet so I wore this.  Everything visible except the belt came from a thrift store.  Boombah baseball pants were a recent purchase from the Salvation Army within the past week  - think the were between $6-$8.  Picture doesn't really show the side striping much at all (or the blue and orange piping on the back pockets obviously).  You may ask what is Federal Systems?  I have no idea.  Shoes just wore on the way to the game - I have plain black cleats.

P1030257.JPG

Not a thrift store, but last night I grabbed an authentic starter florida Panthers 90s white sweater, size 52, on eBay for $26, shipping included.

Today I feel like a million bucks.