Thrift Store Gems 2016

Chewbacca

On 9/2/2016 at 11:29 AM, Brewfan27 said:

At a yard sale I found a Tampa Bay Buccaneers Leroy Selmon ring of honor T-Shirt (on the back it says ring of honor Selmon 63)

545l1600.jpg

When I was a kid, I had bright orange pajamas with Taz in a Bucs uni on the front, and that Bucco Bruce logo plastered all over the pants. If I was ever kidnapped in the middle of the night, my parents wouldn't have to be too worried about finding me in those things. 

sig.png

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/4/2016 at 0:01 PM, Gobbi said:

Found this at Value Village yesterday. Pro Player, looks brand new, and it's in my size! Not bad for $25.

image.jpeg

That's a nice get! I'm a bit of a cheapskate and not even a big hockey fan, but I'm not sure I could turn that down for $25!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2016 at 8:32 PM, Fresno St. Alum said:

I sold 13 chinese knock off jerseys & screen printed nfl jersey for 5 bucks each at a yard sale. Not bad 13 of 16 I sent sold. probably have 15-20 I could sell but they're better and worth more.

This shouldn't be something to brag about. You are part of the problem. Not cool.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

On 10/1/2016 at 3:00 AM, worcat said:

This shouldn't be something to brag about. You are part of the problem. Not cool.

One would hope that they were at least told what they were.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 2 weeks later...

Not the actual jersey I got but my was the same style Reebok Minnesota Vikings Daunte Culpepper Jersey XL.  Can anyone shed some light on this jersey. It is a screen print Reebok but it doesn't have the shield logo on the collar and it has a different jock tag than the one I'm used to. Information wanted please.

510600.jpg

6000.jpg

31 minutes ago, Brewfan27 said:

Not the actual jersey I got but my was the same style Reebok Minnesota Vikings Daunte Culpepper Jersey XL.  Can anyone shed some light on this jersey. It is a screen print Reebok but it doesn't have the shield logo on the collar and it has a different jock tag than the one I'm used to. Information wanted please.

510600.jpg

6000.jpg

This was before reebok got the league wide contract. Once they did they created the "NFL equipment logo" that would then get placed on the collar, and then changed to just the NFL shield when Nike took over. Before the shield wasn't on the collar.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

This was before reebok got the league wide contract. Once they did they created the "NFL equipment logo" that would then get placed on the collar, and then changed to just the NFL shield when Nike took over. Before the shield wasn't on the collar.

Not on replicas. Can't remember when they put the shield on authentics though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/1/2016 at 10:32 PM, tohasbo said:

Scored the RGIII Redskins authentic throwback for a sweet $10 at TJ Maxx the other day. 

Looked like they had about 25-30 when I was there.

You're lucky. The last jersey I ever saw at my local TJ Maxx was a Clippers' Blake Griffin "previous season" jersey...OVER A YEAR AGO. All they seem to carry now are low quality sweatshop tees and factory reject polos. You can find decent hats on occasion.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:21 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Ran across a youth Ottawa Senators original home white, which I'll normally snatch up and give to one of my sons. Being a die hard Habs fan, I couldn't. It's only one step below buying a Leafs or Bruins jersey. 

I hear you, I saw a Sounders jersey at Value Village yesterday and figured being kindling would be cheaper than buying and burning it.

Good news: I picked up a Devils 2012 Final Kovalchuk Chandail "authentic" jersey at a Jersey City Goodwill for under $10.

Bad news: It's a knockoff. I figured as much, though in the store it didn't seem so obvious. Still it looks OK hanging in a dark corner of a sports room where the poor stitching isn't too evident. Though if I could go back I likely would have left it on the rack.

30442851596_f1b19d8b4b_b.jpg29846979623_1b630c3186_b.jpg30479183265_48e222de58_b.jpg

On 10/17/2016 at 6:42 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Not on replicas. Can't remember when they put the shield on authentics though.

The NFL shield first appeared on game jerseys in 1991; only the "ProLine" jerseys sold for retail during the 1990s (which were the closest in appearance to the on-field models) had them.

UBwef0L.png

• 2 weeks later...

Scored an L.A. Avengers jersey for $10 and the 1993-2004 BC Lions jersey (black) for $5. :D

There was also an old 1980s-era Denver Broncos coach's sweater, but it was $20, likely too small for me, and taking care of wool sweaters can be a real b****.

UBwef0L.png

Archived